Actions Don't Lie, Jinjoo (AU)

By yulyennftww

In an alternate universe (AU) where Ahn Yujin, a girl who's very brazen, takes art degree, goes on an endeavo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (M)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (M)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (M)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (M)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 (M)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 (M)
Chapter 51
Epilogue

Chapter 23

854 23 19
By yulyennftww

"This is long," Yujin uttered as she trailed her finger along the small map in front of the luge park. "I think I can do this one." she turned and looked over her shoulder to see Minju who was also observing the map.

"You sure?" the older asked while Yujin gave a dimpled smile and nodded her head before holding onto Minju's hand, dragging her to where the rest are.

They went towards the helmet trying section. The younger girl took one, turning around as she shifted Minju's hair slightly and put it on her, securing the strap.

She playfully knocked on the helmet, making Minju frown at her. "You look funny." the taller giggled a little, earning a jab to her stomach while Minju went to find one for her.

"Too big." Yujin pouted a little while the older took it off and found another one.

"Still too big." the younger said while Minju puckered her lips and went towards one of the facilitators.

"Do you have something smaller?" she asked politely while the guy took a look and shook his head.

"This is the smallest we have for adults. The rest are for children." Minju scratched her head with her finger and made her way back to where Yujin was.

"You'll have to deal with this one." She placed the helmet over her head while the younger lifted it up to look at her.

"They said they have helmets for children, but that'll be too small for you," she mumbled a little and secured the buckle before tapping on her head, asking Yujin to stand back up.

"Y'all done?" Yuri asked while they nodded and went towards where the starting point is. They all sat on the 'vehicle' and checked everything, instructors giving them a safety brief.

"Pull back for the break, release for acceleration. Try not to go too fast because the road is a little slippery but it's safe to ride on. Otherwise, have fun!" the lady waved her hands while they clapped.

"I'm so going to beat you," Yujin uttered with a challenging look while Minju shook her head. "Try me." the older uttered, getting ready.

There are a few other people joining them since 12 people can go at one time.

"Okay, get ready!" the lady exclaimed while they narrowed their eyes, looking in front.

"Go!" they all went at the same time, Yena being the first since she's reckless.

"Woohoo~" she shouted with one hand in the air while they all raced towards the bottom.

The whole course is 2.5 kilometres long.

"I thought you said you're going to beat me." Minju raised her voice a little while going beside Yujin.

The younger turned and looked at her while releasing the handle a little, accelerating faster while Minju caught up in no time.

"On second thoughts, I think this is a little scary." Yujin stammered a little, eyes never peering away from the front which made Minju chuckle as she took over her and went ahead.

Realising Yujin was way behind, she slowed down a little and went beside her again.

"Why are you going at 5 metres per second?" the older asked while Yujin raised both eyebrows and glanced at her.

"I think I'm just going to go at this speed. It's fast enough." Minju smiled and looked away as she shook her head.

"Or so you thought." The younger smirked and let go fully, causing her to go down at full speed which shocked the older as she scoffed before chasing after her.

"This little shit," she mumbled to herself while laughing when she saw how Yujin was having fun with a hand in the air.

"Yah! Stop hitting me!" Nako complained when Hyewon kept on bumping into her.

"This thing likes you, not me! I like someone else!" the older tried controlling the vehicle but it has a mind of its own.

"Wonyoung-ah!" Chaeyeon shouted while the girl shouted 'what' back. "I love you!" the older accelerated down the hill while Wonyoung lifted an eyebrow.

"What did she say? WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" the younger shouted back but the girl was already out of her sight. "Stupid."

"Wah, this is nice," Chaewon uttered as she took in a deep breath, exhaling in content, enjoying her therapeutic time while the others were racing.

"Why race when you can enjoy this panoramic view?" she muttered to herself while looking around peacefully with no one around her.

"At least there's no Nako to bother me." she smiled sweetly while gripping onto the handle.

...

They soon reached the bottom with Yuri emerging as the first. Yena sulked after losing to her girlfriend.

"You said you'd let me win," she whined and pouted while Yuri chuckled as she took off her helmet before helping the younger take hers off.

"I always let you win." she booped her pouting lips and fixed the latter's hair, putting the helmet into the container as Yena raised an eyebrow.

"When?" Yuri brushed her own hair and grabbed onto her hand.

"In bed," she grinned before pulling the girl towards the waiting area where they would take the lift-like cable car back to where their cars are.

"Told you I would beat you," Yujin said as she took off her helmet and looked at Minju who was doing the same.

"I let you beat me." she retorted while Yujin elicited a small frown as the older returned their helmets.

"If I didn't, you might get hurt from going too fast," she added, holding onto Yujin's left hand while the younger suddenly hissed in pain, making Minju frown a little.

She lifted her hand up to see a bleeding 5 cm cut on her palm.

"How did this happen?" the older frowned and looked at Yujin who shrugged as she examined the slightly deep cut, pulling her sleeve away to realise something.

"Where is it?" Minju asked Yujin when she saw her wrist empty.

"Uhh..." the younger looked around with Minju still holding onto her injured hand before scratching her head.

"I might have dropped it..." she timidly uttered, making Minju let out a sharp sigh as she sat the girl down on the bench in the customer service room.

"I'm sorry..." the younger tilted her head down while Minju didn't ask much, only caring about healing the cut on her hand.

"Wait here." The older went towards the counter to ask for a first-aid kit.

"This sucks." the younger mumbled as she looked at her palm. "At least I'll live longer," she positively said when she saw the cut going onto the edge of her palm.

A girl wearing a leather jacket with jeans suddenly appeared, making her look up when she saw a pair of feet in front of her.

The girl stared at her for a split second as Yujin tilted her head. "I'm sorry." The girl shook her head subtly from getting distracted and smiled at Yujin who was utterly confused.

"I think you dropped this?" the girl said while lifting a red bracelet, immediately making Yujin beam and reach out her hand.

"Where did you find it?" she looked at the girl. "Over there," she pointed at the end of the luge ride while Yujin slowly nodded and looked back at her, smiling brightly.

"Thank you for finding this." Yujin lifted the bracelet while the girl shook her head, saying there's nothing to thank her for.

"What happened?" she asked when she saw how Yujin had a wound on her palm.

"Must have grazed it somewhere. But I'm fine though." the girl looked a little worried and thought about something before sitting next to her, taking her palm without asking.

Yujin then retreated her hand a little, looking at the girl who blinked a couple of times. "Actually my girl—"

"What are you doing?" Minju appeared in front of them with dark eyes, first aid kit in her hand, examining the girl who's sitting beside Yujin.

The girl released Yujin's hand and stood up, slightly towering over Minju.

Yujin just sat there, looking at the two who were having a staredown, not knowing what she should do.

"Who are you to interrupt?" the girl retorted which made Minju frown as she scoffed lightly.

"Her girlfriend," she replied, making the girl stand down and fold her arms. "Her girlfriend? You'd let her sit there with an open wound?" Minju narrowed her eyes at the girl who's being overprotective over a stranger before shaking her head and sitting down beside Yujin.

Minju reached for her hand and took out the alcohol cotton swabs. She cracked it in two to release the alcohol and gently cleaned out her wound, making the younger frown since it hurts.

The girl then got hit by a wave of embarrassment for jumping to conclusions too quickly.

"Ha Sooyoung, stop disturbing them." the girl's friend came to pull her away while Yujin watched the girl leave the place with Minju carefully treating her wound.

"Who was that?" The older asked without peering her eyes up as Yujin looked at her. "I don't know." Minju looked up at her, frowning a little as she thoroughly cleaned out her wound, flipping the cotton bud to the other side to release the antiseptic.

"But she found this." Yujin opened up her right palm, hissing softly when the antiseptic seeped through the cut while Minju looked at it before looking at the younger who was smiling widely, making her scoff softly.

Yujin settled it on her lap, seeing how Minju's hand was trembling slightly. She held on to it, causing the older to stop treating her wound.

"Why are you shaking?" Minju looked up to see her worriedly gazing into her eyes, making the older let out a small smile before taking Yujin's hand off, settling the used cotton bud on the bench.

"Afraid," she uttered as she reached for the gauze and unrolled it. "Afraid of what?" Yujin asked while Minju took her hand and started wrapping the gauze around it.

"That you would get stolen away," she muttered without looking at Yujin, focusing on wrapping her hand carefully while the younger used her hand to lift her head up.

"And why would I get stolen away?" she asked while Minju diverted her eyes away before letting out a tiny sigh, shifting her head away from her hand.

"Because you're too pretty," she mumbled, making Yujin's lips curl up into a small smile before giggling as Minju finished up with her hand.

"What did you say?" she asked while the girl gathered the trash and looked at her.

"I know you heard what I said." Minju stood up and threw the waste away before walking back to Yujin.

She took the bracelet and grasped onto Yujin's wrist before putting it on for her.

"Because I'm too pretty?" The younger asked with a rather teasing voice while Minju hummed in response before pulling her to stand up.

Yujin giggled softly and held onto Minju's hand, walking out of the place, being greeted by the cold air.

"I leave you for a second and a girl walks up to you." the older said while frowning as Yujin looked at her.

"What will happen if I leave you for an hour? Or rather, a minute?" Minju asked and glanced at Yujin who was looking at her before looking to the front.

The younger stopped walking and faced Minju who got confused. "I won't get stolen away. Why would I be when you're the one who stole anyway? You should go to jail." she told the older who looked at her.

Yujin gave her a dimpled smile, letting go of her hand, putting her arm around her shoulder instead and continued walking.

"I stole what?" the older folded her arms while Yujin smiled and glanced at her. "My heart." Minju scoffed and jabbed her lightly, making the younger giggle as they entered the cable car.

"You're not scared?" The older asked as they moved towards the end of the big cable car. Yujin leaned onto the railing, subtly sitting on it with the huge glass right behind her where you could see the height increasing slowly.

"I won't be if you're here." Yujin pressed her lips together and inserted her hands into Minju's coat, wrapping her arms around her and pulling her closer, smiling adorably at the older girl.

Minju gave her a small smile while Yujin crashed her head into her body, hugging her closer as she lifted her head up a little for the girl to pat which she did.

The reason why Minju was afraid is that she knows Yujin is new to all this. Well, she herself is new to this.

The way she saw how Yujin smiled brightly at a total stranger made her worried and feel a little insecure. There are constant little voices asking if she's doing good enough as her girlfriend or whether she's even fit to be one.

It seems like ever since she met Yujin after a year of looking at her through the screen, things aren't exactly going their way.

Minju sprains her ankle during training, Yujin caught a cold, the older being confronted by schoolmates whom she didn't even know, seeing her ex-best friend in her new school, and now, the younger girl is injured again.

At times, she thinks whether she made the right choice of meeting her in the first place, pushing the blame to herself that it's her fault for making all of this happen. The moment she stepped into the school.

The older girl shifted slightly away from Yujin and cupped her face, making the younger raise both eyebrows before giving her a dimpled smile.

"Why do you smile so much?" Minju asked which made Yujin release her arms and hold onto her forearm, taking her hands off her face before slowly holding onto them.

"Why do you have to be so cute?" the older scolded while frowning slightly as Yujin tilted her head, confused at why she's asking all these.

"I smile because you make me smile." she looked into Minju's eyes, thumb gently caressing the back of her soft hands.

"I'm cute?" she asked with a hint of tease.

"Of course I'm cute. Basically, irresistible." she chuckled adorably, making Minju feel at ease with her silliness before pushing her head away using her finger.

"What are you saying?" she laughed softly before wrapping her arms around Yujin's head, hugging her while the younger giggled before wrapping her arms around her waist, under her coat.

...

They soon reached the carpark and saw their friends waiting for them at the edge of the hill, slowly approaching them.

"What took you guys so long? You're missing out on this view!" Wonyoung exclaimed when she saw them coming their way.

"Woah, what's with the bandage?" Yena asked the moment Yujin went beside her while Yuri immediately went to her sister and checked on her.

"It's nothing serious unnie," Yujin said while Yuri frantically flipped her hand here and there, making the younger laugh.

"I already helped her," Minju told Yuri who looked at her and nodded slowly before glancing at her sister, giving her a teasing look.

"I approve." She tiptoed and whispered into Yujin's ear which made Minju chuckle softly because she totally heard it.

"You're not slick, unnie." the younger pushed her sister's head away while Yuri laughed before they all walked towards the cars.

"Follow my car," Yena told Minju who nodded as they all got in and buckled up before heading towards the grocery store for their barbeque this evening.

20 minutes later...

"I'll grab a cart," Yujin said while Minju held onto her arm and shook her head. "Let Yena do it. You're injured." She gestured to her hand, making the younger sigh as she nodded before holding onto her hand and heading into the rather warm supermarket.

"Can I sit inside?" Yena asked Yuri who gave her a weird look.

"Unnie. What are you? 5?" Nako asked as the duck pouted and grabbed onto the cart handle instead, starting to push it while following the rest who were at the dry food section to get some snacks first.

"This one?" Chaewon pointed while Hyewon shook her head. "That one." the older girl pointed at the Doritos as Chaewon took it and tossed it at Yena who gladly caught it, putting it into the trolley.

Yujin spotted something, walking past the candy section, swiftly grabbing it, not going out of notice by Minju whom she was holding onto. "What did you take?"

"This." she raised up her favourite jellies, making the older scoff when she saw how Yujin was beaming cutely and glanced at the packet of gummies.

"Actually, why do you like this? You told those people that you didn't like sweets." the younger looked at Minju who shook her head.

"I did that so they wouldn't bother me anymore."

Yujin puckered her lips, putting it into the trolley that was being pushed by Yena.

"Also to not seem like I was interested in anyone." the older one added, making Yujin raise both eyebrows before laughing subtly.

"What's so funny?" Minju asked and stopped walking which made the younger stop too before she slowed her laughter.

"What? If I looked like I was interested in someone, you would've misunderstood everything."

"What would I misunderstand? I don't even know you back then." The younger giggled and pulled Minju along towards the meat section. "That's true. I guess it was just me then..." the older blinked a couple of times before looking at Yujin.

"Wait...how did you know about that?"

"About what?" The younger asked while raising an eyebrow. "That I told people I don't like sweets." Yujin subtly opened her mouth.

"Don't overthink it. I had to find out what kind of person you were and stumbled upon a video taken by your fans," she answered while Minju pressed her lips together.

"I had my hopes up for nothing..." The older mumbled while Yujin let go of her hand and took some meat for the rest who were busy arguing on which type to get.

"But you were such a jerk." the taller turned around to see Minju looking at her with a rather confused face. "Why? What did I do?"

Yujin scoffed. "You were so cold. I thought you were some asshole that people didn't like. I had to admit though. I hated how you treated people when school started." Minju frowned a little as the younger put her arm over her shoulder.

"Tsk. I was doing everything for you and yet it looked like I was an asshole." the older let out a sharp sigh as Yujin shook her head while chuckling.

"Still didn't get how people liked you when you treated them that way." The taller let out a long sigh before pulling her towards where Chaeyeon and Wonyoung were.

"Now, what are they bickering about?" Yujin asked rhetorically while Minju shrugged.

"We should get the big marshmallows."

"But small ones are easier to eat."

"We can make smores with the big ones, not small ones. It'll fall everywhere."

Yujin let out a sigh and took her arm off Minju's shoulder before walking towards the two, breaking them up for a bit.

They stared at her taking the bags of big and small marshmallows that were in their hands.

"Why not we just get both?" she said while the couple looked at each other and blinked a few times before looking at Yujin who cocked up an eyebrow, asking whether they agree.

"Fine," they said in unison while glaring at each other as Yujin shook her head, walking back towards Minju.

They went to find Yena who had the trolley, only to see how the cart was almost filled to the brim with Hyewon, Nako, and Yena grabbing some stuff.

"What are you guys doing?" Minju looked at them, causing them to halt their movements before slowly standing properly.

"Uhh...we might need this?" Hyewon said while holding onto a tub of Nutella, making Minju shake her head as she looked at Yujin.

"We tried stopping them," Yuri said as Chaewon nodded while holding onto Nako's shirt to prevent her from going anywhere else.

The sisters started grabbing unreasonable stuff out of the cart and putting them back on the shelves while the three whined.

Minju held Yena back from taking anything else. "Are you even my friend anymore?" The duck pouted while Minju pressed her lips together and shook her head.

"Hey! Leave that in there!" Yena exclaimed when she saw Yujin taking out the carton of beer containing 24 cans while the younger looked at Yuri. "Put it in. Put it in," Yujin let out a small sigh and settled it in the trolley.

"We're done. Let's go." Yujin said and took over the trolley while the two released their friends who were sulking.

Hyewon just went to taste some free food samples while they were busy taking things out.

They all walked towards the counter while Minju hastily took over Yujin. "Don't argue with me." Yujin nodded timidly and let her push it as she followed from beside her.

They walked through the adult's section with the trolley pushers in front.

Yena saw something, reaching her hand out and taking one box, slipping it behind her back.

She then saw Wonyoung doing the same, making her raise her eyebrow while looking at her.

"What? You think you're the only one who can have fun?" the younger girl scoffed and ran to Chaeyeon.

Yena blinked a couple of times, processing that information because she knows the Kim sisters aren't like her.

Yuri saw everything and grabbed her arm, lifting it up to see a pack of condoms.

"Seriously?" the older asked while Yena giggled cutely before slowly taking her hand away from her arm, putting the box back onto the shelf before grabbing another one.

"Three?" the younger gave a pleading look while Yuri narrowed her eyes and took the box from her, pulling Yena to walk.

"Is that a yes?" The younger asked while Yuri didn't answer her, straightaway a consent for the duck, making her smile like there's no tomorrow.

They paid separately before following the rest back into the car as they helped each other arrange the food nicely in the trunk.

"I'll do it." Minju took the plastic bags from Yujin who smiled sweetly as she just helped transfer the bags to Minju. They quickly got it done and went into the car, letting out a small sigh of relief after a whole day of moving nonstop.

Yuri slipped the box into Yena's coat pocket before taking over the wheel as they drove back to the house which is about an hour away.

1 hour later...

"Yujin. Yujin-ah..." Minju shook the younger who fell asleep as she sat up and looked at her. "Huh?" She reacted as the older chuckled before opening her door, making Yujin wake up fully.

She realised they have reached the house, getting off slowly to see them already carrying the things in.

"Come on." Minju urged while the girl jogged towards her, not wanting to be left out all alone in the dark even though it was only 6 pm in the evening.

"Go shower and do whatever you want first. We'll prepare the things." Chaeyeon told the rest who nodded and headed into their own rooms, leaving her and Yuri to prepare for the barbeque, chilling the drinks and everything.

Yujin went straight to the room with Minju following behind as she took off her jacket, draped it over the bed frame and laid back on the bed, letting out a big sigh of relief, stretching her arms out while the older hung her coat behind the door.

Minju watched her all relaxed and walked towards her, gently laying on top of her. Yujin's right hand naturally went on her back, eyes opening to see the older girl smiling at her.

The taller scoffed lightly before patting her head and wrapped her arms around Minju who snuggled into her neck.

"How are we going to sleep?" the older asked as she shifted a little and looked at Yujin from the side, still on top of her.

"We'll have to sleep separately." the younger said while Minju pouted her lips.

Yujin looked at her. "Now you want to sleep with me huh." she teased and earned a smack to her forehead.

Minju shifted and sat up at the edge of the bed, making Yujin sit up beside her.

"Alright, alright. But it'll only be for one night." she lifted a finger up while Minju frowned slightly and let out a small sigh before nodding.

The older lifted her arms, asking for a hug as Yujin wrapped her arms around Minju who suddenly lifted her up onto her lap, making her yelp at her sudden strength.

She placed her arms around her shoulder while looking straight into her eyes, straddling the older girl. "Were you always that strong?" Yujin chuckled while Minju frowned at that comment.

"I'm stronger than you think." she retorted and snarled as she pursed her lips together.

Minju stared at her, finger shifting away the hairs blocking Yujin's face and tucked it behind her ear, admiring the younger's god-given face.

"You surprise me," she muttered while Yujin tilted her head in confusion before Minju leaned in, aiming for her lips but the younger sat up straight, preventing the older girl from kissing her.

"Oi..." she complained and frowned which made Yujin giggle.

"Okay, okay." She bent down a little, targetting Minju's lips as the girl swerved, causing Yujin's eyes to widen in disbelief.

"Nope." The older uttered before gently pushing Yujin off but the younger girl resisted, still staying on her lap.

She held onto her jaw and hastily leaned in, capturing Minju's lips easily before pulling away while looking at the girl's flared cheeks.

"Woah...why are you so red?" she touched Minju's cheek as the girl flinched away.

"Y-Yah, don't...kiss me without warning..." the flustered girl blushed hard which made Yujin laugh cutely, swallowing thickly when she saw how quick Minju's expression change.

The older girl swiftly flipped them over, towering over Yujin, making the younger gulp loudly when she saw her eyes, how they were rather dark and direct, staring straight into her soul.

"You think you're funny huh," Minju said lowly while Yujin blinked a couple of times as the older used her hand and tilted her chin slightly upwards.

"Do you want to know what happens if you do things without warning?" Minju looked into her eyes, trailing them down towards the latter's lips and leaned in nearer towards her face.

"You'll get fucked." she heard how Yujin gulped. She subtly smirked before sitting up and laughed hysterically, getting off the younger girl.

"Oi..." Yujin sat up and brushed her hair upwards, slightly glaring at Minju who walked towards her bag to take out some clothes.

"You should've seen your face." the older uttered and smirked at Yujin who frowned as she put her hands on the edge of the bed, watching Minju walk around.

"You better watch what you say." she pointed at the older girl who chuckled before entering the bathroom, leaving Yujin on the bed.

The younger let out a small sigh while rubbing the back of her neck as Minju popped her head out of the door, making her look in that direction.

"Do you...wanna join me?" she tilted her head and looked at Yujin who pressed her lips together and shook her head.

"Okay..." she retreated back into the bathroom, thinking Yujin's just not ready for that level of intimacy or maybe it was her fault for scaring the girl.

After all, they've only been officially together for a week, not going till that extent yet.

"Why did I do that..." she uttered to herself and inhaled deeply before taking off her shirt.

A/N: damn...Minju...

Who's Ha Sooyoung? Antagonist? Hmm...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 509 21
*IZ*ONE superhero AU* A couple months have passed since the incident in Busan, but IZ*ONE's work has only just begun. A new threat is now looming and...
4.7K 187 13
It's been five years since they broke up. Since she broke up with Chaewon, as Yunjin likes to remind herself on her more self-flagellating of days. C...
2.9K 182 14
☆ Chaewon a self-known introvert struggles when it comes to deciding her future, she tries to be as carefree as she can but realizes that maybe party...
23.2K 1.4K 49
In the heart of a small town, Minju found herself nursing wounds that were far deeper than the ones she attended to in her third year of medical scho...