President Perfect // DNF

By TiaFabziWrites

George is the perfect student, he had been a stellar student, teachers' pet and the ideal perfect son for his... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8: Coming to terms :)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10: The start of the end
Chapter 11: The allegations
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter ??
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FINAL CHAPTER :)

Chapter 6

8.4K 247 674
By TiaFabziWrites

TWS: Abuse, Drug overdose, death mentions (if either of the last two make you uncomfortable skip to the end of the italic font <3 ) 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Mom... I got your text and I know we're in a fight but I'm sorry..." No response, just the same echo of the early birds and the loud cars rushing past to beat the morning traffic. 

"I brought food... A peace offering" He lets a humorless scoff leave his mouth before his eyes draw to the light beaming from under the bathroom door. His hands fall into a small balled fist before colliding with the door. 

"Mom-" He sighs slowly, opening the door, his breath unsteady and his hands shaking. His eyes are met with his best friend balled up on the floor with tears streaming down her face and an empty pill bottle in hand. Clay lets out a whimper as he drops to his knees pulling his close to lifeless mother into his arms.

"Mom- Stay with me please..." Clay sobs dialing the emergency number into his phone, his entire body trembled as he attempted to shake the woman back to consciousness. 

"I'm sorry- I-" His mom began choking as her breathing grew more restrictive. 

"Why-  Why do you want to leave us? Did I do something wrong? Did I not do enough? Was it because I skipped school, I won't do it again, please just stay with me" Clay sobs as he grips onto the struggling woman in his arms, Shouting his address to the emergency department lady who failed to console the 16-year-old breaking across the line.

"There was nothing- you could've done... It wasn't your fault baby" Clay's eyes fall shut as he drops his head taking a strangled deep breath, frustration boiling through his veins, forcing his body to feel as though it were on fire.

"Was I not enough for you? Did I not try hard enough?! WHAT WAS IT MOM? WAKE THE FUCK UP! PLEASE! DONT LEAVE ME-" Clay whimpers as he shakes his mother's shoulders forcing their eyes to meet for the last time.

"FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE LISTEN TO ME AND OPEN YOUR EYES! MOM!"

"I love you-" His mother mutters under her last breath as tears streamed her cheeks

"Then why'd you leave me-" Clay sobs as he pulls the woman to his chest feeling her heart slowly stop.

His mother incoherently mumbles, closing her eyes for the last time, falling limp into the arms of her first born son. 

"Sh..." Clay whispers, sobbing into her hair as his entire world releases her last breath. Time stood still as the pale woman was ripped from his arms by paramedics. Clay's dad runs into the room pulling Clay from the ground and into a tight hug, cradling his head, forcing the teen's eyes away from the lifeless body before them. Clay sobs as the men attempt to resuscitate the lifeless women before them... And as time stood still the tall man makes his way to his feet scratching his neck as his partner shakes his head.

"We can't get a pulse...  I'm sorry, we did all we could"

Clay felt his heart stop as the world around him faded into a broken bliss of darkness, His breath caught his throat as his back hits against the wall. His legs give in as he lets out his loud sobs which forced his father down to the ground with him. He grips tightly onto his dad's sweatshirt struggling to draw a breath. His heart felt as though it had been ripped out of his chest, tossed to the pack of wild wolves that left nothing but a slither, his stomach had twisted, enabling a nauseating feeling against the pounding of his heart. Within seconds his worst nightmare had come true. He knew it would happen and he knew there was nothing he could have done to change the outcome but that didn't change the gut-wrenching feeling of it being his fault. If he just found her earlier, if he had just been a better son, Maybe she would have stayed. Maybe

Clay's eyes shoot open in a cold sweat, Sapnaps worried eyes meet his gaze pulling him into a loose embrace, encouraging the blonde to follow his breaths. 

"It happened again" Clay lets out a small whimper tightening his arms around the raven head boy. 

"I know, It's ok though it's over now Clay, just please breathe with me ok" The two boys sit in silence, Clay attempting to slow his breathing along with his rapidly beating heart. 

"It'll get better soon I promise" Sapnap sighs slowly pulling away from the embrace. 

"I know, I just can't get that image out of my head... The thought of her dying in my arms, it's just-" Clay's voice breaks as his breathing picks up in pace. 

"Hey, stop thinking about it, it's only stressing you out. She made her choice and there wasn't anything you could've done. You need to just focus on the good memories you all had, neither of them would've wanted your last memory of them to be that ok" Clay gives a small nod before glancing down at Sapnaps watch. 

"We should get ready for school" Clay sighs, his palm still flat against his chest. 

"Go take a shower, I'll make pancakes, choc chip just how you like them" Sapnap gives a short smile before leaving the room. 6 am had just passed and he already wanted the day to end. The morning seemed to speed by, Clay's gaze finally meeting Georges as the group falls into their usual pointless conversations. As the bell rang time seemed to take its toll, slowing down to a painful stop. The minutes felt like hours as the teachers' blabbing merged into incoherent sentences, no matter how hard he tried, Clay couldn't focus on the voices, they seemed so pointless and useless. He often wondered why he was still in school, he was forced to remind himself he needed to go to college, he needed to set some kind of good role model for his sister. The bell finally signaled the end of hell, the brunette beside him letting out a sigh of relief as he drops his head onto Clay's shoulder. 

"FINALLY!" George calls out tossing his papers into his bag, their teacher subtly chuckling and the relief the bell caused. 

"I fucking hate math" George mumbles

"Were in math?" Clay mumbles, meeting the brown eyes he grew obsessed with. 

"You're joking right?" George chuckles, Clay gives a small shrug before yawning, tossing the empty paper he crushed into a ball, launching it into Sapnaps head. 

"Hey, don't hurt my baby!" Karl calls out patting Sapnaps head. 

"After I made you pancakes?" 

"So dramatic, it was literally paper" Clay's hands float around the air, in an attempt to prove his point (Yanno like when u talk... I'm Italian so like ur hands kinda just yeet everywhere)  

"So not cool ClAy" George shrugs, chuckling as he takes a bite from his chocolate bar.

"Oh taking their side now" Clay mumbles snatching the chocolate bar taking a bite from it. 

"HEY-' George protests. 

"Mr. Davidson and Mr. Taken no food is allowed in this block" The teacher calls out sipping at his water. 

(Imagine George's last name was found and Dreams was taken and when they got married George kept both so he was George found taken... George found... George found wot? I promise I'm not high it's just 6 am :D ) 

"K well schools over so you cant tell me what to do" Clay shrugs continuing to eat George chocolate bar. 

"Clay shut up and put it away" George sighs, finally getting up from his seat. 

"Oof- Trouble in paradise?" Karl chuckles, George smacks his hand against the back of Karl's head before munching on a different chocolate bar.

"Can I have one!" Sapnap calls out. George gives a small nod handing them out. 

Time skip

Clay and George continuing their new tradition, made their way to the cliffside. It had become both of their safe places, they sit in silence watching the sun dip below the skyline shooting its final sunbeams through the dark night sky, the calming tension forcing comfort through each of them. 

 "Can I ask you something" George's eyes shoot to the seemingly serious blonde, 

"Yeah what's up" George shrugs hugging his knees, his hoodie sleeves pulling to reach just below his elbows. 

"Did your parents do that to you?" Shock fills George's body as anxiety builds in his chest, his eyes meet his bruised wrists instinctively pulling his sleeves into sweater paws. 

"w- what? No-" George's heart rapidly pounded against his chest, slightly restricting his breathing, the panic settled pulsating through his burning veins.  

"Is that why you hate them... Is that why you try so hard at everything you do? Because they hurt you if you don't?" Clay's eyes didn't dare leave Georges which had pooled with tears. In such a small amount of time Clay had figured it out and George genuinely couldn't decide if it was good or bad. George takes a hitched deep breath, the world around him seemed to fade into worry, the scent of the sea seemed to disappear through his mental inability to breathe in the air, everything reeked of harsh tension he didn't know how to remove, there was nothing he could say to fix it or make it go away. 

"It doesn't matter-" 

"Yes it does George, we can do something" 

"NO- Ok we can't, and I don't want to, I'm happy where I am ok, So just leave it" George sighs a tear rolling down his cheek.

 "But they're hurting you-" Clay's voice breaks toward the end, his heartbreak visible through the shimmer in his eyes. Stuck, once again unable to do anything to save the one he cares about. 

"We should get back, It's getting dark and I don't wanna hike in the dark" George shrugs, immediately heading toward the unlit hike back to the car. The ride home was silent, neither daring to speak. This happened often, they would fall into deep conversation just to pretend it never happened. Most of their relationship was left behind at the place they called home. It's what made them feel so safe, they had a place where they could say whatever they wanted without it affecting anything. An unspoken rule between them. Neither daring to break it. 

And as Clay hesitantly pulls into the driveway of George's home a sigh escapes the smallers lips. The white van parked scrappily in the driveway, lights were visible through the windows of the so called home. An ordinary-looking home that contained a bomb waiting to be set off.  Contained the two people who forced hell upon George's life. 

"They weren't meant to be home until Friday..." George mumbles, his hands running along his face. 

"Just say you were at study group, if it has to do with your grades they shouldn't care right?" George gives a hesitant nod, Clay notices the spark in George's eyes that signaled that wasn't the case. 

"We can go back to my place" Clays mumbles. 

"If I don't go now the result will be ten times worse" He whispers.

"Then don't go back, you can come and stay with me and Sapnap, or go stay with Karl" 

"That's not an option Clay, they'll just drag me back" 

"Please don't go, I don't want you to get hurt" Clay's voice seemed to break, there was so much he could do to help the boy yet they didn't feel like options. 

"I'll be fine, I promise ok, I'll even call you once I'm in my room ok" George gives a half-smile before trudging out of the car. Clay gives a short wave attempting to return the smile. He watches as George walks into the house before leaving. God he wished to anyone above that he'd be ok. And as promised after a few minutes passed his phone buzzed, signaling that the brunette was calling. 

"Hey!" Clay answers.

"Hi!" George responds through a forced chuckle. 

"everything ok?" Clay mumbles.

"Yeah, they're both asleep so I'm fine" George lets out a sigh and for some reason, Clay couldn't find it in him to believe him. 

"I'm gonna head to bed, it's really late, I'll see you tomorrow ok"

"See you tomorrow" Clay whispers. The call signals the end as both boys let their phones fall from their ears. 

George spits out the last of the blood that had leaked from his lip, slowly placing ointment and a bandaid to stop the blood flow, next holding a bag of peas to his stomach in an attempt to prevent the inevitable bruising. He lets out a sigh falling onto his bed. At least it wasn't too bad this time... 

___________________________

Yay... 

The next chapter should be out soon, I'm also working on thin eyes at the moment so that should be out soon :D but this will remain top priority I think :)) 

Hope you're all enjoying it so far, leave your thoughts and opinions. It should get better as we go because I like the plans going forth but yeah!! 

Much love and HAPPY READING <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477K 14K 61
Clay struggles with home life, and his social life isn't the greatest either. George on the other hand is the popular kid in school, having no issues...
223K 5.9K 47
COVER ART BY @ItsFloofie GO TO THEIR PROFILE AND LOOK AT THEIR AMAZING ART George has never had the courage to talk to his popular crush Clay. What h...
2.5K 58 20
cover art by : hyxmix on twitter the all famous cheerleader george x football player dream this will contain eventual smut, along with plenty of flu...
180K 4.7K 27
"So uh.. I think I'm your partner." Clay's world was completely flipped upside down when- in the middle of the school year- a new foreign transfer st...