911: Eclipse of the Heart

By BOBBYBEGlNS

Kymberly Douglass of San Diego, California had a major life event a year ago. Now she must rediscover herself... More

Prelude
Chapter 1 - Reason
Chapter 2 - Observing
Chapter 3 - Abnormal
Chapter 4 - Boring
Chapter 5 - Crushed
Chapter 6 - Trust
Chapter 7 - Sorry
Chapter 8 - Firsts
Chapter 9 - Tension
Chapter 10 - Ready
Chapter 11 - Eyes
Chapter 12 - Happy
Chapter 13 - Performance
Chapter 14 - Spare
Chapter 15 - Wrong
Chapter 16 - Seeing
Chapter 17 - Embarrassed
Chapter 18 - Surprised
Chapter 19 - Uncomfortable
Chapter 20 - Already
Chapter 21 - Radio
Chapter 22 - Fluke
Chapter 23 - Love
Chapter 24 - Strong
Chapter 25 - Memory
Chapter 26 - Harm
Chapter 27 - Hot
Chapter 28 - Understand
Chapter 29 - Language
Chapter 30 - Demeanor
Chapter 31 - Detail
Chapter 32 - Prom
Chapter 33 - Uniform
Chapter 34 - Impressed
Chapter 35 - Accompany
Chapter 36 - Chariot
Chapter 37 - Ball
Chapter 38 - Out
Chapter 39 - Family
Chapter 40 - Kid
Chapter 41 - Belong
Chapter 42 - Amazing
Chapter 43 - Accident
Chapter 44 - Triage
Chapter 45 - Help
Chapter 46 - Raise
Chapter 47 - Cushion
Chapter 48 - Working
Chapter 49 - Burst
Chapter 50 - Preference
Chapter 51 - Reveal
Chapter 52 - Reality
Chapter 53 - Sir
Chapter 54 - Focus
Chapter 55 - Push
Chapter 56 - Delivery
Chapter 57 - Wonder
Chapter 58 - Comfortable
Chapter 59 - Firehouse
Chapter 61 - Decisions
Chapter 62 - Miserable
Chapter 63 - Present
Chapter 64 - Waiting
Chapter 65 - Assume
A/N
Chapter 66 - End
A/N
A/N
A/N

Chapter 60 - Permission

869 14 0
By BOBBYBEGlNS

"I miss going to work." Kymber said as Bobby walked through the door that night. 

"Yeah?" Bobby smirked. He set down his bag and kicked off his shoes before walking over and giving her a kiss. 

"Yeah." Kymber frowned, "I miss everyone." 

"I know... But you get to stay home and spend time with our babies." Bobby smiled as he sat down next to her. 

"Oh, believe me. I am very happy about that... But today was the first day I was alone with them, and honestly, I just miss having adults to talk to." Kymber looked down at the babies, fast asleep in their swings, "There's only so much you can say to a baby before you get lonely, you know?" 

"I could imagine." Bobby chuckled, "So what are you saying?" 

"I mean... Mom offered to come stay for a while to help look after the babies..." Kymber looked up at him, "Would it be so bad if maybe in a week or two I start going in for half days every once in a while?" 

"Kymber. You still have a month of maternity leave left." Bobby sighed.

"I know. But I will go crazy being away from the station for another month. It's only been a week and a half and I'm already starting to." Kymber leaned her head back. 

"Enjoy this time with them, Kymber, please. I wish I had as much time with them as you do." Bobby said as he brushed his fingertips against her cheek. 

"I am. I'm not saying that I'm not. I'm just saying that I want to be able to work, too." Kymber said, starting to cry. 

"I get that, I do. But I'm not going to let you do that right now, alright? You're a little extra emotional right now and I am pretty sure that is why you are missing everyone so badly." Bobby said, wiping a tear from her cheek. 

"Can I at least call my mom? I could have her to stay and keep me company." Kymber huffed as she leaned forward. 

"I think that would be a great idea... Your mom and dad would be great to have around for a few days." Bobby smiled and put his arm around her to give her a hug. 

"Actually... I don't know if dad would come or not..." Kymber looked down.

"Why not?" Bobby looked at her. 

"He's still pretty mad at you." Kymber said awkwardly. 

"Mad at me for what?! Being an adult?" Bobby rolled his eyes. 

"Bobby..." Kymber sighed. 

"What?" Bobby pulled his arm back, upset. 

"Bobby. I know that he has no right to be mad at you..." Kymber said. 

"But he is." Bobby crossed his arms, "This is ridiculous. I'm forty-three. I shouldn't have to be treated like I'm a child by your father." 

"I know." Kymber started to cry. 

"Did I upset you?" Bobby turned to with a worried look on his face. 

"Mom said that he doesn't know if he even wants to come to the wedding." Kymber cried. 

"Oh... Kymber... I'm so sorry." Bobby wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head, "You don't deserve that." 

"But it's what I'm going to get." Kymber looked up at him with tears running down her face. 

"Is there anything that I can do to change his mind?" Bobby asked. He felt awful, because it was all because of him that Eugene felt this way. 

"I don't know... Mom didn't really say anything about it." Kymber leaned her head on his shoulder. 

"Well... Let me figure something out. I will talk to him. It's not fair for him to do this to you when it is me that he doesn't like." Bobby looked down. 

"No, it's alright. You don't have to... I know you aren't the biggest fan of him either." Kymber frowned. 

"It's not necessarily that. It's just that I haven't really gotten the chance to know him because he won't give me the time of day... I'm sorry that you've been put in this position, Kymber... I should have just sucked it up and asked him permission to propose over the phone. If I had done that, this whole thing wouldn't have even been an issue." Bobby sighed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 443 25
This story has some of the same moments as the shows but also putting my own twist on thing. Kacey Buckley, the twin to Evan Buckley, both serving fo...
22.7K 576 14
After escaping a bad relationship, Amelia Buckley was left with an overwhelming amount of emotions. She was scared, relieved, and alone all at once...
56.8K 1.6K 24
Loving Catalina was the easiest thing Eddie Diaz ever had to do. Almost losing her in a car accident became the immediate worst. Catalina loved her h...
39.1K 1.1K 34
๊œฑแด สแดแดœ แดกแด‡ส€แด‡ ษดแด‡แด แด‡ส€ แด€ ๊œฑแด€ษชษดแด› แด€ษดแด… ษช'แด แด‡ สŸแดแด แด‡แด… ษชษด ๊œฑสœแด€แด…แด‡๊œฑ แด๊œฐ แดกส€แดษดษข Josefina "Josie" Castillo, had lived her life wracked with guilt and wanted to do everyth...