My favorite Mary

By CrystalAllen675

Rory has worked on the campaign trail and years later her life seems to be crashing around her when she recon... More

Chapter 1: Rory's life
Chapter 2: Tristan's Life
Chapter 3: A walk in Central Park
Chapter 4: Are you serious?
Chapter 5: A night out on the Town
Chapter 6: I am moving to NYC
Chapter 7: Can it really be this great
Chapter 8: Mr. Toad's wild ride
Chapter 9: This feels right
Chapter 10: Date Night
Chapter 11: Your body is a wonderland!
Chapter 12: Everybody loves Trory
Chapter 13: Unexpected News!
Chapter 14: Old friends are the Best
Chapter 15: Christmas Vacation!!!
Chapter 16: X'S and O's!
Chapter 17: Christmas in NYC and Stars Hollow
Chapter 18: Holidays together
Chapter 19: New Years Eve troubles
Chapter 20: Time to plan a wedding
Chapter 21: Guests arrive for the big day
Chapter 22: One more day
Chapter 23: Miss to Mrs.
Chapter 24: Reception Time
Chapter 25: A Martha's Vineyard Honeymoon
Chapter 26: Who is the Heiress?
Chapter 27: Gender Reveal!
Chapter 28:Honeymoon and Babymoon
Chapter 29: Getting ready for our bundle of Joy
Chapter 30: Looking for our forever home
Chapter 31: Welcome to our new home
Chapter 32: Baby shower
Chapter 33: Graduation day
Chapter 34: Our fresh start
Chapter 35: House warming party
Chapter 36: New addition to the family
Chapter 37: Vistors welcome
Chapter 38: Sleepless nights
Chapter 39: Getting back to normal
Chapter 40: Growing up
Chapter 41: The big one
Chapter 42: A big surprise
Chapter 43: A great Loss
Chapter 44: Moving on is hard
Chapter 45: Things are looking up
Chapter 46: The Big Two
Chapter 47: Our first family vacation
Chapter 48: Are we or aren't we?
Chapter 49: Big brother
Chapter 50: Gender Reveal
Chapter 51: Michael's three and his new room
Chapter 52: Brayden's baby shower
Chapter 53: Almost time to welcome the new baby
Chapter 54: Daily routines
Chapter 55: Trouble in paradise
Chapter 56: Life is getting back to normal
Chapter 57: Em and Brayden's First Birthday
Chapter 58: Daddy's little girl
Chapter 59: Through the years
Chapter 60: High school days
Chapter 61: Graduation Day #1
Chapter 62: College Life
Chapter 63: Final Chilton Graduation
Chapter 64: Move-in day
Chapter 65: Empty nest
Chapter 66: First Yale graduation!
Chapter 67: Fatherly Advice
Chapter 68: Martha's Vineyard
Chapter 69: Yale Graduation#2
Chapter70: Wedding Bells ring
Chapter 71: Daddy's little girl is all grown up
Chapter 73: Wedding blues
chapter 74: Epilogue

Chapter 72: It's a grand time for a new baby

232 12 0
By CrystalAllen675

We have loved the photos we receive of Deena carrying our grandbaby. Deena dyed her hair blonde for Emmy's wedding and she is so adorable. We love Deena and she often joins me and Emmy on our girl outings.

We couldn't have asked for a better daughter-in-law. She comes over daily to bring me caffeine from the coffee shop by their house and most times Emmy will ride over with her. 

We had her baby shower two weeks ago she wore a cute pink with black polka dots dress and black heels she looked so good. My son is a very lucky man and Deena is a very lucky woman I am so glad they found each other. 

Tristan tore down the kid's old playground out back because the wood was rotting. So he and our boys will be building a new one from the ground up. We are putting the condo up for sale but the kids have mentioned keeping it and renting it out. 

So when their kids get old enough they can stay there just like their parents did. We are still discussing it and it would be a good idea so if they ever needed it to stay in. We could do weekly rentals on it for money to keep it maintained.

I am so excited to meet our first grandbaby he is due in nine days. So when Michael goes to work I go and stay with Deena or Emmy stays with her we never leave her alone. 

Michael is doing really well at the office and he has spoken with the lawyers and everyone who works in the office that once the baby arrives he will be working from home for the first three months to help his wife and spend time with his son. He has already got his office ready and files ready to be moved when the time comes.

We are in the planning stage of Brayden and Adrianna's wedding. We only have nine months until their wedding. She has already picked the dress, we are working on catering items, and flowers. 

Brayden and Addi go quite often and work in Stars Hollow they stay at the Inn when they do since Bray owns it now. He is having the ceremony at the Annex that Em owns and then the reception at the Dragonfly. 

They have all been discussing possibly opening a couple more inns and Diner's which would include the spa so it would be the three of them going into business together. They are talking about building a diner beside the Inn and having the spa built behind it with a wedding area for guests to enjoy. Their plans are really good and we are hoping they move forward with them.

Deena's POV:

Emmy had come over to sit with her after Michael left for work. She was very uncomfortable and nothing she did was helping. 

"Hey, Deen can I rub your back or help you with a warm bath maybe that will help. I am so sorry girl I wish I knew what to do to help you."

"Just wait pretty soon you will be going through this. I mean it is going to be worth the pain and not being able to get comfortable when this little man arrives but it isn't all good. Indigestion this little guy is giving me is so awful."

"Well, I can't wait to be pregnant. Can you keep a secret?" 

"Girl, you know I can. So, spill the tea."

"I am five days late. We stopped using protection after we got married because we are ready to start our family. So, Alex is buying the test on his way home so we can find out."

"Oh, Em congratulations. I am so happy for you. I told you he was the one for you the first time I met him. Is he good in bed?"

"Um hello, I married him so I would say yes. I mean I don't have anyone to compare him to since he is the only man I have slept with but he can make me scream for hours."

"Girl, I know exactly what you mean. I had slept with one other person before Michael but your brother is amazing in bed. I wonder if he got it from your dad, I mean your mom and dad can barely keep their hands off each other."

"I would say so because mom and dad still act like teenagers. Let me tell you a story about my parents it was Michael's freshman year at Yale and we were still in high school."

So me and Bray had a half day at school because we had already passed the tests that everyone was taking. So we came home early. We see dad's truck in the driveway but not mom's SUV. We walk in and there are clothes from the front door all the way to the office door."

"We hear a woman moaning and Bray was having a fit like he was ready to step up on my dad. We assumed he had brought some skank home since he knew mom was Meeting Michael at Yale for coffee that day."

"So, when dad stepped out and picked up mom's clothes. Bray and I confronted him and Bray was like I will kick your butt dad and I'm not trying to be disrespectful but you are disrespecting our mom by cheating on her."

"Dad just looked at him and was like hold on. He took the clothes to mom and she dressed and came out. We were so relieved to see mom. Then dad asked us if we were crazy to think that he would ever cheat on our mom. He said if he ever did he would let us kick his ass because he would deserve it."

"Mom was so embarrassed and Bray took dad back to work so he could drive mom's car home. It was so funny and I have never seen Brayden be disrespectful to either of our parents but he was ready to fight my dad. You know dad is strong I mean he works out every single day."

"That is so funny I bet they were both embarrassed their mid-day booty call was interrupted. I mean at least your parents still sleep in the same bed and make love. That means they love each other. Mine haven't slept in the same room since I was little. They have decided to just stay together because it's easier that way but your parents are in love truly in love. I hope me and Michael are like them in fifty years."

"Honestly, me too with me and Alex. I have always dreamed of a loving relationship like my parents have but growing up seeing them always kissing and touching each other was gross. At least when we were kids now I see why they always did that. Honestly, I can't keep my hands off my husband."

"Same girl, every time your brother comes home I have come sit down next to me just so I can feel him because when he is at work I miss him so much. I even prop my feet up on his legs while we are eating dinner. I can't get enough of that feeling of closeness to him. I need to touch him just to breathe. I use to go to his office every day for lunch until it got too hard for me to get behind the wheel."

"Yes, I guess I need to apologize to my parents for what we said as kids to them. I mean they are so cute together even now they don't look their age. They are like sixty-two I think and still, look good. Sure they have a few wrinkles but they look like late they are in their forties or early fifties. Heck, look at my grandma Lola she even looks good for being seventy-eight. Guess it's a good thing means when I get old I won't look my age."

"Yes, it is a good thing and I know exactly what you mean the first time I met your parents I couldn't believe they were as old as they were. Michael told me they were thirty-two when they had him. They looked so young. My dad has had gray hair since I was in middle school."

Just then a sharp pain hit her and Deena screamed and stood up as it looked like she peed. "Oh no my water just broke. I wasn't planning for this to happen without Michael here. Em, what do we do?"

"Well, the first thing is you call Michael while I call mom she will know what we need to do."

Em dialed her mother's number and was starting to freak out when she finally answered.

"Hey sweetie, what's up?"

"Mom, help Deena's water just broke right after she got a sharp pain. She went to stand up and it looked as if she peed her pants. Mom, what do we do? Michael's at work and we are freaking out."

"Has anyone called your brother?"

"Yes, she is talking to him now."

"Okay great, now you ask her where hers and the baby's bags are. Grab them load them and the car seat into the car while she changes clothes. Help her if she needs it, then help her to the car, and head to the hospital. We will meet you there."

"Okay, thanks, mom. I love you we will see you soon."

"You're welcome sweetie and I love you too, be safe and we will see you in a few minutes. Baby, we have to go to the hospital Deena's water just broke."

Michael's POV:

He was sitting in his office going over a case file and his cell phone rang. He grabbed it and saw it was his wife. He answered it quickly. "Hey baby, is everything okay?"

"Michael, my water just broke. It's time to welcome our son but I am freaking out a little bit."

"Is Em there with you? Has anyone called my mother?"

"Yes, Em is here and she called Rory. She is walking upstairs maybe to grab the stuff. Michael, I am really scared."

"Hey, calm down sweetheart. Look Em is with you mom will tell her everything that needs to be done. I am already in the car I will meet you and Em at the hospital. I love you baby so much."

"I love you too Michael. Please be there when we get there it will ease my stress if you are there. Okay, your sister is off the phone and telling me to come to her. I will see you soon baby please be safe driving there. I love you and will see you soon."

"Okay sister mom says to change you and I already grabbed the bags in the nursery and his car seat. They are already in the car. I think it may be hard to get you up the stairs but I grabbed this sundress, these easy slip-on shoes, and a clean pair of underwear. I will help you dress in the bathroom down here if you want then we are going to the hospital mom and dad are on their way there."

"So is Michael. We can just do it right here I will slide my underwear off and put the dry ones on. Can you grab me a wet washcloth I feel sticky?"

"Okay, let me get that for you before we change the underwear take the old ones off, and just let me grab a wet cloth." She ran and grabbed 2 one hand towel to wipe her legs and feet and the other to wipe her private area.

"Here, use to this one to clean your private area and I will clean your legs and feet." She wiped her legs and feet she helped her slip the clean underwear on and slipped her shoes on then helped her into the sundress. 

"Alright mama, let's go to the hospital so I can meet my nephew."

"Alright Em, let's go have a baby. I am so glad you are here with me. You are my best friend and now my sister."

They hugged as they walked to the car and she helped her into the car. She ran around and climbed in. They buckled up and headed to the hospital.

Michael arrived and parked the car he ran toward the entrance where he saw his mom and dad waiting for him. He ran up and hugged them both, "mom, dad I am so glad to see you. I am guessing they haven't arrived yet?"

"No, son they haven't. How are you holding up? You are about to become a dad."

"I just want to see her and know she is okay. I need to see her I should have been with her."

"Hey, calm down take a deep breath. You have a job and a company to run she understands that. You made sure someone was always there with her your sister or your mom has been with her while you are working. She is with Em and she is fine they should be here any minute. You know we are here to support you and her. You need to stop stressing because once she arrives you need to remain calm for her. I was scared to death and it hurt me so bad to see your mother in pain and knowing she was going through that pain because of me."

"Yes, but you stayed right there with me through it all. Let me almost break your hand and rubbed my back and the sweat off my face. You were perfect through it all."

"Then you were born and I had never loved someone so much and the first time I saw your mom nursing you was a sight that made my heart grow and I loved her more than I ever thought possible. We became a family of three and I was so happy. Even with the little sleep we got as new parents I was so happy."

"Wow, dad. Do you and mom need a room? The way you two are looking at each other and finishing each other's sentences. I feel like I am trapped in an erotic story with the looks you two are throwing at each other."

They both laughed, "son, the love never wears off. No, we don't need a room our first grandson is about to be born but once we return home we will go to our room and make love. Come on you are a married man now."

"Yes, I am but I don't undress my wife with my eyes in public we are more lowkey. We haven't slept together since she was about six months pregnant we wanted to be sure the baby was safe."

"Wow, Michael what made you think it wouldn't be? We made love literally up until the day you were born. Now we respected the six weeks after birth even tho it almost killed us because I had to ensure your mother was safe. We did other things but we didn't have intercourse."

"Wow, you guys really don't care about what you say to your kids and letting them know about your sex life. It's weird hearing that my parents still have sex you guys are too old when is it going to wear off and stop."

"Well, hopefully not until the day we die. I love your father very much and he loves me so we may be old but we look good for our age. I will be happy if you and Deena still have a great sex life after twenty years of marriage. Our love is strong and there is nothing wrong with showing our love and still making love."

"Okay, mom and dad I am sorry I guess I am happy that you guys are still totally in love with each other. I hope we do as well, I mean up until she got too big and we were scared of hurting the baby we had a decent sex life at least three times a week sometimes more."

"Oh, son our sex life only dropped to that low when we had you three kids and we were too tired but once you all reached the age of taking care of yourself and when you moved out we went back to pretty much every day several times a day all over the house."

"Tristan, you don't need to tell him everything. Yes, we have a very healthy sexual appetite and there is nothing wrong with that besides the fact that your father is such a hottie and extremely good in bed that I can never get enough."

"Okay, that was too far. Let's stop talking about my parent's sex life and how dad is in bed. Mom that was a little too much info for me." Just then he saw his wife's car pulling in, "oh, thank god they are here. I love you both and will update you when I can."

"We love you too son, take care of her, and let us know when he is born." They had already gotten a wheelchair and were just waiting for them to arrive. Rory and Tristan hugged them both and wished them good luck.

"I am so glad you are here mom and dad we were freaking out. I didn't know what to do until I called mom. She told me what to do and we got her cleaned up and dressed. I am so excited to meet the baby. Maybe once he is born they will finally decide on his name."

"I know sweetheart. Hey, sweetie give me the keys and I will go park the car and you and your mom can go get us some seats inside. I will be back in a few." He kissed Rory on the lips and his daughter on the cheek and went to park the car. 

Rory and Emmy walked inside and decided to wait for Tristan before they went to the maternity floor waiting room. Tristan walked back in and wrapped his arms around his girls and they walked to the elevator. 

He wrapped his arm around Rory's waist and tucked his fingers in the front pocket of her jeans, he wrapped his other arm around his daughter's shoulder. 

They sat in the waiting room and Michael had been sending hourly updates. Brayden and Adrianna had arrived with Lorelai, Diane, and Michael, as well as Alex once he got off work. Then Robert, Colin, Finn, and Logan arrived with Becca and Claire. They ordered food and brought it in with them. They were all sitting down talking and Rory had kept Michael and Deena's plates in the bag. Michael walked out to the waiting room.

"Hey, sweetheart how is she doing? Do we have a grandson?"

"Mommy and baby are doing great. He looks just like me when I was a baby, so, therefore, he will look like dad. I wanted to tell you our son Bryson Lucas Dugray was born on August 1st at 5:28 pm, he weighed six pounds and three ounces and was twenty-two inches long. He has dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. Mom and dad I would like to take you first then nana Lola, grandma and grandpa then Brayden and Em and their partners, then I will get my uncles and take them back."

Rory and Tristan stood up and followed Michael to the room. They walked in and they both went to wash their hands. Tears came rushing out of Rory's eyes as she laid eyes on her grandson Bryson.

"Mom, dad meet your grandson Bryson. Bryson meet your nana and papa T."

Michael laid his son in his mother's arms and she couldn't believe she could ever love someone more than her kids. "Oh my gosh, he is so handsome. Hi, there little man I am your nana and I promise you will be loved so much. You have a great mama and daddy. Me and papa T is going to spoil you rotten." She Kissed him on the top of his head and handed him to Tristan who was also crying at the sight of his son's son.

"Wow, I never knew love like this. Yes, nana and papa T are going to spoil you rotten. We love you, little man." After visiting for a few minutes they hugged their son and daughter and told them how proud they were and left. 

After everyone had visited and Em and Brayden took their food to them. Rory and Tristan went back for a quick goodbye. Then went home and basked in the glory that they were now grandparents and how happy they were.                          

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 283 50
Rory is a Sophomore at Yale, she is crazy about Logan, but he wants to be a playboy. She gets invited to Finn's birthday party by Robert. Logan is ve...
1.7K 19 14
Tristan Dugrays sister comes back from studying abroad in England and happens to fall inlove with the one and only Paris Geller . While studying at C...
69.6K 1.7K 52
This story takes place 7 years after Rory turned down Logan's proposal. What happens when Logan and Rory run into each other in New York City? Loga...
879K 17.3K 116
This story picks up where "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" leaves off-- Lorelai and Luke are married and Rory announces she is pregnant. How does...