My Silent Knight

By Iamzelda2020

It has been a year since the princess and her knight were able to reunite and seal the horror that was Calami... More

The Morning's Warmth
The Silent Knight
Shade of Blue
Shade of Green
Goodnight, My Knight
Ominous Note
Yiga Clan
Written In Legends
Prisoner
Warriors
Into the Hideout
Cursed Eyes
I Love You
My Princess
Still and Calm
The Vision
Hyrule Castle
Master Rubi
Strange Feeling
Hiding in Plain Sight
Betrayal
The Great Escape
Fairytales
Prince of Rito Village
Failure
Stop Following Me
Journey to Gerudo
We Are Ready
Trust
Surrender Now Princess
Hylia's Grace
My Silent Prince
Breath of the Wild
Home
My Knight, My King, My Love
Haunting Memories
Beautifully Broken
Protecting The Protector
Who Are You?
The Great Plateau
In a Hundred Years
Messed Up Minds
Healing
The Ocarina's Lullaby
A Prayer For Sheik
A Royal Wedding
My Silent King
~ Author's Note: Thank You ~
Quick message

Queen of Hyrule

2.4K 43 74
By Iamzelda2020

Zelda's POV

Villagers danced, laughed, and celebrated all throughout below us. I continued to stare into Link's blue eyes unable to understand just how much I loved him. Something within this moment, being within these once ruined castle walls, remembering all of the fear and uncertainty I felt all of those years ago roaming the castle halls. Now, standing in the same place those halls once stood, instead of uncertainty, I felt nothing but a wave of comfort, because of him. This castle never felt as my own home, but now with him by my side, after feeling his touch, I couldn't imagine calling anywhere else my home. I wanted to share this home with him, forever.

Those thoughts swirled in my head as we made our way to my old room. When we arrived at the two doors that would lead us inside, we noticed a small note attached to one of the doors.

Don't forget to look in the wardrobe!

-Bolson

I grabbed the note and looked to Link, who just replied with a shrug. So, I continued on and pushed open the doors, it was beautiful. Long, blue curtains covered each window as multiple pieces of furniture lined the walls. On the far side of the room, there was a large bed with blue and gold covers and thin curtains tied to each bed post being held back with a golden rope. In the center of the room was a massive rug with chairs and a table in the center of it. Book cases that were ready to be filled lined the opposite side of the room. Link and I both glanced around in awe, then I made eye contact with the wardrobe, remembering the note I quickly walked over. I swung open the doors and my mouth dropped.

My old royal gown hung before me. It looked mostly similar to the same one I wore all those 100 years ago, with a few differences. The shoulders were open with gold straps that would connect to the corset on the back, the blue fabric seemed to have a gold shimmer coating on it, and the golden designs were much more intricate. The bottom of the dress faded into a sheer, gold fabric. I traced my finger along the designs in awe, how did Bolson ever think to have this created? As far as I knew, he wasn't even born yet when I wore this dress a century ago. Then I thought, he may not have been present when I first wore this dress, but someone else was. I turned back to look at Link behind me, and he smiled.

"Surprise! I figured you missed some of your other royal outfits so I organized with Bolson to have this one recreated. Well, mostly recreated, my memory of this dress was fuzzy so I took some creative liberties. I'm amazed it's completed though, we weren't supposed to return for a couple more months." He rubbed the back of his neck, still holding his smile. I ran to hug him.

"Oh. Link it's incredible! How you ever put this together I will never know. Thank you so much! And don't worry, I love your creative liberties, makes me feel special." I squeezed him and he squeezed back while kissing me on the top of my golden hair. Just then, we heard more celebration come from the town below us.

"I think you should join them, they want to see their princess." He pulled away and looked towards the dress.

"Did you somehow arrange the festival too?" I looked at him placing my hands on my hips.

"No, that was a surprise for the both of us. Go ahead and put the dress on, I'll go grab a maid to help you." He started walking towards the door, but I stopped him quickly.

"Oh come on, Link. I'll show you how to tie a corset." I gave him a wink and his eyes grew and cheeks turned red.

I let out a slight giggle and grabbed the dress then pulled it behind the privacy wall near the wardrobe. He turned his back even though I knew he couldn't see me, making me quietly giggle to myself more because of how respectful he was. I stripped out of my shirt and pants and slowly slid on the blue dress. Once on, I held my hands against my chest so the dress wouldn't fall and called for Link. I stepped from behind the wall and he turned to see me, his cheeks as red as roses. I turned so my bare back was facing him.

"Here, grab the two ribbons, I'll coach you through it." I looked over my shoulder as he slowly walked close to me.

I felt his fingertips gingerly grab onto the white ribbons as his gentle lips placed a kiss on my bare shoulder, sending sparks through my body and taking the breath out of my lungs.

"You are so beautiful, Princess." He whispered as he gently pulled the ribbons, tightening the sides of the dress.

With a shaky voice, I began coaching him through the corset, his fingertips brushing against the gentle skin of my back the whole way. His strength with each tug surprised me and stole my breath each time. This was the closest we have been with each other through the whole time we have known each other, definitely the most intimate. When he finished tightening and tying the corset, he planted one my kiss on the side of my neck and then spun me around to face him, making my cheeks turn into roses. He held both of my hands as he pulled back a little to see my whole dress in view. Then he looked me in the eyes, they glistened from the sunset's light.

"Zelda, you remind me of the night sky. You are so mesmerizing." He whispered.

"Using my analogies now, Master Link?" I whispered back, stepping in closer.

"It appears as such, Princess Zelda." He stepped closer as well, are faces nearly touching. The music outside became louder and we glanced out the window. "Oh one more thing, I almost forgot." He started walking back towards the wardrobe and reached for a box. "Now, I know you didn't always enjoy all the fancy princess items but what's a royal gown, without its matching slippers?"

He opened the small box revealing two golden slippers that shimmered in the light. On the front of each, there were two tiny sapphires with golden lining around them. He walked back to me and grabbed onto my hand guiding me towards one of the chairs. I picked up my dress and slowly sat in the chair, never taking my eyes off of him. He knelt down on one knee while grabbing one of the sparkling slippers, then slowly slid it onto my left foot and then repeated with my right foot. My whole life, I have never felt compassion quite as this before. He looked back up at me as he helped me rise to my feet once more, and in this very moment I knew, there was no one else I would want by my side as I restored my kingdom. No one else that I would want to be not only my knight... but my prince.

==========

The streets were filled with many villagers who shared stories, ate various foods, and gathered through forms of art. In the main court yard of the town nearing the castle, people gathered to share their talents of music and dance. While others painted, sewed, cooked, created art of all types. It was beautiful to see, even after 100 years of ruin, the people of Hyrule were still able to become one and forget the hard past, becoming excited for the future. I walked through the streets in my new gown and shoes, accompanied by my knight who kept a careful eye out for any suspicious actions amongst the crowd. Even on the most calming and beautiful of nights, he kept his guard up. I couldn't blame him after the past events that occurred within just a few short weeks, but I wanted him to feel at peace tonight and enjoy the kingdom he fights day and night for, his kingdom. 

Many villagers approached me with the kindest gifts and words. Children quizzed me on what life was like as a princess while others asked Link multiple questions about his battles and monsters he has scene. Of course, he kept the stories light so he wouldn't scare a child, but the way he was with children always warmed me. For such a powerful individual, his actions with children were always delicate and he always managed to bring a smile to their faces. 

As we continued on through the streets, the music filled the air with vibrations of peace. I looked towards those playing the instruments. Couples slowly danced along to their calming music, I saw the way some of the couples stared at each other and all I could think of was Link. I felt a hand gently lift mine as Link walked into my sight with a smile. He gave a gentle bow and my heart leaped, was he about to ask me to dance?

"May I have this dance, Princess Zelda?" He raised back up to look at me as I felt the eyes of many villagers turn towards us and quiet gasps filled the air as the music continued. Nerves struck me, leaving me quiet for a second as I tried to put my thoughts to words. It's been so long since I've danced and I truly have never had the chance to dance like this before. Then I thought, does he know how to dance?

"Yes, you may, Master Link." I smiled and he guided me through the crowd and out into the court yard to join the other dancers.

When they saw us approaching, they split to let us walk through, placing us in the middle. The musicians changed the music to be slower and much more mystical. I tried to seem calm but my breathing was heavy and my touch was much too shaky. He gave me a gentle squeeze on my side to let me know to relax as he placed his one arm around my waste and still had his other holding up my hand. I moved in closer and placed my hand on his back as he smiled at me, and as I met his eyes, the nerves dissipated. He slowly started to guide my feet as we begun to dance through the courtyard with the other dancers joining back in. 

I stared into his eyes as he spun me around, and felt emotions in me that I couldn't quite understand. 100 years I awaited his return, everyday I felt more and more hopeless that my knight would never return to me, letting the feeling of failure take over me. After failing my father, my kingdom, my knight, I felt so hopeless and wanted to give up but I stayed strong for him. It was because of him that I stayed strong and stayed alive. It was because of him, I felt that glimmer of hope, and now because of him, I was able to feel love once more. As my thought passed, I felt a small gust of wind passed through the courtyard and soon a flurry of silent princess petals flew around the courtyard.

"I must say I am proud of how the dress turned out. You look amazing." Link whispered to me.

"Thank you, I'm mesmerized by it. It means so much to me, Link. On another topic, I have to ask when did you ever learn to dance?" I whispered back to him.

"Oh, does my dancing surprise you? Well you see, all those years ago when I first became a royal knight and then soon your personal knight, I would often practice dancing. Incase I ever had the honor of accompanying you in a dance, Princess." He replied with a slight chuckle.

"You mean you wanted to know how to dance specifically for me? Did you ever believe you would?" I chuckled back.

"No, honestly. At first I thought you hated me and then I realized that you just resented your father's orders and it was nothing personal. So, to answer your question, I just had hope that one day I would become the luckiest Hylian alive, and it seems today is that day." He spun me around more and I continued to stare in awe of his reply. I put pressure onto his back, pushing him in closer.

"I think you've become more than just a lucky Hylian, Master Link. I mean, that is if you would ever except becoming more?" I questioned.

"You mean your..." He paused on his words as if the realization of what my words meant slapped him in the face.

"You know this kingdom almost better than I do and you have fought almost your whole life to protect it. Plus, I am the only royal heir left and if anything was to ever happen to me, I need to know my kingdom is in the right hands. Link, I would want no one else to watch over Hyrule with me and to protect my people with me. They need their..." I began to try and organize my thoughts.

"Queen. You are the only royal heir making you... Queen of Hyrule." He stated as he spun me once more.

==========

After a few more dances, sharing stories with villagers, and eating amazing food, we decided to retire for the night and made our way back through the castle's gates.  We walked through the halls in silence, never letting go of each other's hands. My mind swirled of his words, he was right, technically I was now their queen. I wasn't sure how that title made me feel. Then my thoughts drifted over to Bolson's words about staying in the castle. I wanted to stay here for once in my life, I wanted to be cooped up within the castle walls, because I knew he would be safest here. Now, it's just convincing him to agree that will be the difficult part.

After some hesitation I was able to get him to stay with me in my room tonight, though I knew his designated room was only a few doors down, I couldn't bare the idea of him being away from my side. I wanted to mention staying for a while here in the castle but fatigue quickly consumed me and I could tell it consumed him too. So, he helped me unlace my corset and then I stepped behind the privacy wall to slip off my gown and slip on a dark blue, silk nightgown. I stepped out from the privacy wall as I untangled my hair from the braids around my forehead, watching Link. He removed his shirt and boots and tugged at the ponytail holding his hair back, letting his golden locks fall over his shoulders. Prince Link. I thought to myself and thought how much I would love to call him such. I wouldn't expect him to make that decision over night, it's quite a major one and I understand how intimidating that title might be for him because he wouldn't just be a prince, he would become a king. I became intimidated by the thought myself and realized I was too tired to let my thoughts continue to swirl around. 

He sat down on the bed and rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands, which at first panicked me thinking something was wrong but I made sure to quickly calm myself realizing he was ready to sleep. I walked over to him and grabbed onto his hands and he looked up at me.

"Thank you so much for tonight, Link. I don't think I have ever enjoyed myself more." I squeezed his hands.

"Thank you for joining me tonight, Zelda. It was a wonderful night." He closed his eyes and pressed my hands to his lips, letting them linger for a second on my knuckles sending goosebumps up my arms.

I lifted my hand and traced my finger along his jaw, titling his head up to look at me. Then after a moment of sharing glances, I leaned in and pressed my lips against his. I felt complete peace take over me and my lips didn't leave his the whole night.

**********

Hello me again the author... So this story has been getting more attention and I just want to say thank you to everyone reading! If you would like to leave any comments telling me what you think so far I'd love to chat! From this chapter on the chapters are going to be a little longer because I have almost tooooo much planned for this story, oops. Anyways thanks again for reading I've been really enjoying writing it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 10.5K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
5.1K 159 11
dont @ me ik its not realistic and arianna and maya if you are reading this and laughing ill smack you im kidding i wont do that btw there will be li...
224K 5.4K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
10K 293 8
You're just a small trans boy who adores Markiplier, your hero. But when you finally get the chance to meet him, it all goes wrong...or does it? Trig...