My Sister's Keeper (An LOK st...

By Califoryoux

WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after h... More

Book 1; Introduction
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Book 2; 1
2; 1.2
2;2
2;3.1
2;3.2
2;4
2;5
2;6
2;7
2;8
2;9
2;10
2;11
2;12
2;13
2;14
2;15
Avatar Studios
Book 3;1
3;2
3;3
3;4
3;5
3;6
3;7
3;8
3;9
3;10
3;11
3;12
3;13
3;15
3;16
3;17
3;18
3;19
Book 4;1
4;2
4;3
4;4
4;5
4;6
4;7
4;8
4;9
4;10
4;11;1
4;11;2
4;12
4;13
4;14
4;15
4;16
4;17
4;18
4;19
4;20
4;21
4;22
Epilogue; 1
Epilogue; 2
Epilogue; Last Part
Alternate Ending
Special Chapter
Sequal
Jade
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Coco (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Elegance (preview)
Book 2

3;14

1.1K 39 8
By Califoryoux

Zaheer infiltrated Zaofu and attempted to kidnap the Avatar. After a harrowing battle, she was saved. She and Kitty have also discovered a shocking truth: Kitty has crossed paths with Zaheer before, and Aiwei, Su's trusted adviser, has been working with him. This truth seer turned traitor managed to escape, but Su tasks Team Avatar of tracking him down. Now the hunted becomes the hunter as Korra searches for answers.

...

We finally made it to a small town after passing miles and miles of nothing but deserts rocks dotting the landscape. As Naga sniffs aroud, I pull in with the jeep behind Korra.

"Aiwei has definitely been through here," my sister says, then turns her attention to Naga. "Nice tracking, girl."

"Let's ask around," Mako suggests. "Maybe someone's seen him."

We enter a tavern and everyone inside turns around and stares at us. That's weird, maybe they know us because we're Team Avatar?

"Ohh look, they have a mover poster of me," Bolin says, looking at the tavern walls. "Must be big Nuktuk fans, yeah, I should go out and say hello ..."

"Hate to break it to you, friend, but those are wanted posters," I tell him. "And there's one for each of us. It reads, 'Wanted by Her Majesty, the Earth Queen, for crimes against the Kingdom.' "

"I'm guessing this is because we took her airbenders," Mako adds.

"They weren't hers to keep!" Korra explodes. "I swear if I see her pinchy little queen face again, I am going to-"

"Uhh, guys..." Asami says. "We should get out of here."

I look around and everyone in the tavern continues to look at us. I think they recognize us from the posters. Before we exit, I take my poster off the wall and stuff it in my pocket. What, can you blame me? This is my first wanted poster! That's a big deal!

...

It's Asami's turn to drive, so I ride on Naga with my sister. Naga runs with us on her back while the rest of the group follows us down a windy road. Naga runs up a small slope sniffing the ground for any scent near a bunch of rocks.

"Naga found something," Korra announces.

we get off her mount and my sister earthbends a giant boulder to the side to find another jeep hidden behind a small clearing.

"Aiwei's jeep!" I exclaim.

I run over to the vehicle with my friends and start looking around. We're another step closer to finding this loser.

"I think you're right," Asami replies. "He can't be too far then."

"Bolin and I will investigate the Misty Palms Oasis and see if he's hiding up there," Mako says.

"Yes!" Bolin says happily. "I love it when you talk like a cop."

"I'm coming, too," I tell them.

"No," Mako tells me.

"I wasn't asking. I'm a cop, too, and if we're looking for someone, then why shouldn't I go? Two cops are better than one."

"Count me in," Korra says.

"No," I tell her. "You and Asami wait here in case he comes back. Besides, we don't want to cause too much attention to ourselves, and if Zaheer is down there, I'm not going to give him the opportunity of tracking you."

"All right," she pouts.

"Ooh, Mako, Kitty! We should wear disguises and pretend we're going undercover! That way no one will recognize us. Haha, police work is so exciting!" Bolin says happily.

Aiwei has to be down there. Where else could he go without his jeep? Another thing I wonder about is, how did he get caught up with Zaheer anyway? Zaheer and his gang were locked up for 13 years. What, was he sending him fan letters to prison and Zaheer offered him a job? I have so many questions.

...

Bolin holds up three neon yellow rain coats and 3 pairs of goggles, and he tosses them to us and keeps a pair for himself. I guess these are the disguises he was talking about.

"Um, Bolin, I am not wearing this," I tell him, and I toss mine back to him.

"Come on, Kitty. Pleaseeee," he begs.

"Yeah, bro," Mako adds. "Me neither."

...

"I cannot believe we're wearing this," I mutter.

We look like turtle ducks, but without the turtle!

...

The three of us walk into the Oasis and stop near the ice. To think, Avatar Aang was in this very spot. I can feel the history circulating through here.

We watch a guy push three kiwi bird-like spirits outside the door with his broom. We look at each other and decide to stop there.

"Shoo! Human customers only," the tavern owner says while shooing the cute little spirits away.

"Excuse me, sir?" Mako says politely. "We're looking for a man, about sixty, balding, wearing glasses in a long green robe."

"He's got this weird piercing that goes from his nose to his ear," Bolin tells him.

"And he sounds like this," I add in a deep posh sounding voice.

"Yeah, sure," the guy answers. "Sounds like a guy who came in last night. I told him I had the best drinks in the Earth Kingdom and he called me a liar."

"That was definitely him!" I state getting excited again. "Any idea where he is now?"

"Nah, afraid not. But he was right, my drinks are terrible."

The tavern owner walks away sadly. So that was interesting.

"Ok, then," I say awkwardly. "Thanks?"

Bolin and I decide to wait outside while Mako goes into the next establishment. We wait near the door of where a purplish spirit rises from a nearby urn.

"Well, aren't you a cute little spir-" Bolin starts, but the spirit bites his finger. "Ow! Hey!"

"It likes you," I laugh. I stop slowly as I notice a couple of people in my peripherals.

"No luck here," Mako says walking outside to us.

"I think we have bigger issues," I tell the brothers.
"I think those people are bounty hunters, and it looks like they recognize Bolin."

"We've been made," says Mako. "Let's lose 'em!"

We take off and flee down a street, the couple close on our heels. I spot an alley, and I pull the brothers in by the wrist. We hide behind some boxes and barely escape the notice of the female. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until they moved on.

"Okay," Mako says. "I think we're clear. We should head back to Korra before someone else spots us."

"We could," Bolin says. "Or ... we could follow Aiwei instead. Look!"

I turn around swiftly, and he's right! There's Aiwei as he strolls down an alley enjoying some food from a box.

"How can he act like he didn't just try to blow us up?" I scoff.

"All right. Stay cool and follow my lead," Mako says while putting on his goggles, and I and Bolin follow suit.

"Ting-Ting always finds his man," Bolin says.

"Good job, Ting-Ting," I say with a smile.

Us three follow Aiwei down a street and pass a tacky pink building. We watch as he enters a room and closes the door.

"Keep an eye on him you two," Mako tells us. "I'll go get Korra."

...

"Good afternoon. We'd like a room on the ground floor across from 102, please," Mako says nicely to the innkeeper.

I know this is a serious situation, but as a jr. cop and future detective, this is exciting. It's my first stakeout. It makes me feel legit.

"Forget it!" The innkeeper barks. "Last time a bunch of teenagers came in here, they trashed the whole room."

I was going to interrupt, but the stalkers from earlier stop at the inn's entrance. I'm immediately on high alert. If I have to fight today, then so be it, but there's no way I am going back to Ba Sing Se to that pruney witch they call a queen.

"We found you!" The male shouts.

Mako bends a small flame from his palm while Korra bends daggers from hers. I bend the water out of my pouch, and we're all ready to fight.

"Hey, no bending in here! Take it outside!" The innkeeper yells at us.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa,we're not here to fight you," the guy says with a goofy smile. "We're here to meet Nuktuk!"

You've got to be kidding me!

"We're your biggest fans," the woman says while walking extremely close to Bolin with her poster in hand. "Can you make it out to Lily and Macao?"

"Uh, I'd be happy to. Always love meeting my fans."

Bolin signs the poster, and while doing so, Lily pulls out a Bolin doll! She holds it up to him, and oh my gosh, it squeaks! This is so weird. She also starts rubbing on her ponytails- I'd like to go home.

"I made this Nuktuk doll for you," she says.

Bolin smiles awkwardly. "Uh, it's ... cute," he says, and she squeaks it again.

"Why didn't you tell me your friend was a mover star?" The innkeeper asks with a more gentle tone. "I'd be happy to rent you any room in the inn."

"We'll just take the one across from 102," Mako tells her.

"But that room is too small for the four of you!"

"Trust me, it'll be perfect."

...

"I'd just like to say for the record, this room is definitely not perfect," Bolin complains.

"Yeah," I agree. "Thanks a lot, Mako."

This sucks. Yeah we're right on Aiwei's trail, but this room is so tiny, which would be fine if we didn't have to have Naga in here, too! Her tail keeps wacking me in the face because of her big butt, ugh!

"There he is!" I announce and scramble to my feet to get a closer look.

"I thought stakeouts were supposed to be exciting. This isn't at all!" Bolin complains from behind Mako, Korra, and I who are actually trying to catch this guy.

"Ooh, I wonder if there's any snacks in here," Bolin says while eyeing the bedside drawer.

"Yeah, try to find something," I tell him. "You get whiney when you're hungry."

"Hey, look! A Pai Sho board! Mako, you want to play?"

"Kind of busy here, bro."

"Kitty?"

"Sorry, Boli. Maybe later."

"I'll play," Asami volunteers.

"Oh, well, uh, no offense, but I learned street Pai Sho from Shady Shin, and I'm pretty good. So, wouldn't really be a fair game."

"So? I learned to play from my dad; the diabolical genius. I'll destroy you," Asami says.

"Well, looks like we've got ourselves a Pai-Shodown. Ladies first."

They exchange a couple moves, but Asami stops and thinks on one of her turns.

"Uh, I don't mean to rush you, but let's speed things up a bit," Bolin complains again.

"Why? This game is all about slow, methodical strategy."

"No, it's not. This is a fast-paced, edge of your seat, game of chance! Don't think, just go."

"I don't know what Shady Shin taught you, but it wasn't the real Pai Sho."

"Oh really? I think Mr. Rulebook might disagree with you. It reads, 'The origins of Pai Sho date back over ten thousand years. It is a game of both strategy and chance.' Wait, how can it be both?"

"Let me see that. 'There have been countless variations of Pai Sho through the centuries and each culture has its own rules and variations of the game."

"That's no help at all. Korra, as the Avatar you need to standardize these Pai Sho rules."

"Okay, I'll put that on my to-do list, right after bringing back the Air Nation and taking down the group that tried to kidnap me," Korra says sarcastically.

"That's cool. Whenever you get to it."

"Assuming we do find Zaheer, what then?" Mako asks my sister.

"Then I make him talk."

"He was locked away for thirteen years, sis, and he never broke," I reason. "I don't think a little bending is going to intimidate this guy."

"You two have a better idea?"

"Yeah," Mako answers. "We spy on them. If Aiwei and Zaheer don't know they're being watched, they'll talk freely. Then we'll find out who they are and what they want."

"That's just like Pai Sho!" Bolin says referring to the handbook. "In order to defeat your opponent, you first have to know your opponent."

"Then I guess I know you pretty well," Asami says and then makes the winning move. "I win."

...

We've been in here for hours! Bolin is crying because Pabu ruined his and Asami's game that he was about to win (finally), and Aiwei hasn't left his room since being here! What is he even doing? Shouldn't he be hungry by now?

"It's almost sundown. Why hasn't Aiwei left yet?" I ask getting frustrated.

"Maybe he snuck out when you weren't looking," Asami says.

"No, I just saw him peeking out of his window fifteen minutes ago. It's in my logbook," Mako replies.

"I'm going over there," my sister says as she leaves the room.

"Me, too. I can't take it anymore," I say following her.

"Wait! You're going to blow our element of surprise," Mako yells after us.

Nevertheless, they follow us.. Korra busts down Aiwei's door with her airbending, and I follow her inside.

"It's over, Aiwei! Where's ...?"

We immediately stop in our tracks. There's Aiwei, but he's not sleeping. He's not even aware we're here!

"That's a weird way to nap," Bolin says.

"He's not napping, he's meditating," I explain to him.

"Wait! Asami," Korra says suddenly. "Those spirits were trying to tell us something earlier. Xai Bau's Grove isn't on the map because it's not in the physical world! It's in the spirit world! I'm going in after him."

"I'm going, too," I tell her taking my meditating position.

"No, stay here and watch over my body," Korra commands.

"But-"

"No but's."

"We'll watch him in case he wakes up. Be careful!" Mako tells her, and just like that, she's gone.

"I'm going," I say moments later, and take my position once again.

"No," Mako says. "Korra said-"

"I know what she said," I reply cutting him off. "I'll only be there for a second, they won't even know I'm there."

My duty is to protect the Avatar. My father and the White Lotus would be furious with me if they knew I let Korra go into the Spirit World looking for Zaheer without me. I have to get in there.

And with that, I leave. It's not like they can do anything about it. What are they gonna do, hold my spirit hostage?

...

"What are you doing here!?" my sister whispers.

I managed to meditate into Xai Bau's Grove. I just focused on my sister's energy, and I found her behind this tree.

"I wanted to be here, too! I promise I won't stay long," I tell her.

"Fine, but whatever happens, do not come out. Got it?"

"Too late," I mumble. "He's definitely seen me before."

"What was that?" She asks.

"Um.. It's nothing," I lie.

"Shh, they're here!"

We both peek out from behind the tree. There they are, Zaheer and Aiwei.

"What happened back in Zaofu? You told me we wouldn't have any problems getting the Avatar? Because of you, we've all been compromised," Zaheer says to Aiwei, clearly frustrated.

"No, any evidence was destroyed when my library burned down."

"Where is your physical body now?" Zaheer asks.

"At the Misty Palms Inn. But there is no need to worry, I was not followed."

"You left a loose end," Zaheer says darkly.

What does he mean?

"I assure you, no one knows anything about us."

"No, you are the loose end."

I silently gasp, and my eyes grow wide. Zaheer grabs Aiwei by the collar. What is he going to do? It's not like he has his bending.

"Zaheer!" My sister shouts, making her presence known.

I promised I wouldn't show my face, so I stay hidden. Zaheer looks back at my sister, and he and Aiwei quickly disappear. Seconds later, he returns... but where is Aiwei?

"It seems Aiwei was mistaken. He was followed," Zaheer says to my sister.

"That's right. We knew he'd lead us straight to you. Now, what did you do with him?"

"He'll be spending eternity in the Fog of Lost Souls, which just leaves the two of us."

He's insane, I'm out of here.

...

"So, what happened?" Mako asks.

"Well for starters, Aiwei is not coming back."

"What? What happened?" Asami asks.

"Zaheer threw him into the Fog of Lost Souls."

"You mean that spirit that keeps you trapped in your mind forever?" Bolin asks.

"Yeah. He was upset that Aiwei was caught back in Zaofu."

"Ok, so Aiwei is gone? What now? What does he want with Korra?" Mako asks.

"I don't know," I answer getting slightly annoyed. "You guys didn't really give me much time. And besides, him basically killing Aiwei kind of freaked me out, so I left."

"Well," Mako starts. "I guess we just wait here and watch over Korra until she's back."

...

So much time has passed, and Korra is still not back yet. What could he be saying? Maybe I should go back to see-

"Uh, I don't know how, but Water Arm Lady and Lava Guy found us," Mako says.

"What!" I exclaim, and jump to my feet.

Bolin gasps and Asami stands up.

"How?" She asks.

"I just said I don't know how!"

Bolin starts to panic and frantically shake my sister's body.

"Korra, come on! Wake up!"

"What do we do?" Asami asks.

"Get my sister out of here. Bolin, Mako, and I will hold them off."

"Maybe you should go with them," Bolin suggests. "We can't risk Zaheer getting to you, too."

"No, my job is to protect my sister. We need to buy her and Asami some time so Asami can get Korra out of here."

Mako places my sister on Naga, then Asami mounts, ready to go. I want nothing more than to go with them, but it's my job as a cop and the Avatar's sister to stay here and fight for her safety.

"The Avatar!" The waterbender shouts.

Naga turns a corner, and the waterbender fires ice shards at them, to which I bend it back at her, but she narrowly avoids my attacks. She begins fighting Mako and I while Bolin takes on the lavabender. Moments later, he knocks down the three of us.

Boy, do I hate lava!

This is tough for me. It's one thing to fight waterbenders, firebenders, and earthbenders, but these aren't your average benders. A waterbender with no arms? Unheard of! It's a different type of skill that requires major strength. Airbenders, combustion benders, and lavabenders are rare. The world has never had an airbending villain, we don't know how to fight them, to maneuver them. And never in my life did I think I'd ever even meet a combustion bender or a lavabender. The last combustion bender recorded was the one Lord Zuko hired to take out Avatar Aang.. Ah, Lord Zuko, I love that guy!

We quickly jump to our feet, and Mako and I run near a wall and jump to avoid another one of Ming-Hua's waterbending attacks. Mako is down, and it's just me while Bolin takes out the earthbender. I've always been considered a pretty good waterbender, a master actually. I was trained by Kya who was trained by Katara who is the best of the best, but I was never taught how to handle this. By her having no arms, her waterbending is a lot different. I've never in my life have had a component like this. I've always been sure of myself as a waterbender, but for the first time ever, I don't know if my bending will be enough.

She skips by me and throws my body against a door. I smoothly bend the water out of my pouch and send a number of sharp ice spikes her way. It slices her cheek, and blood begins to drip. My head suddenly makes a hard impact, I feel dazed. She freezes her water and pins Mako and I against the door as she grins evilly. She does it again, but this time, she throws us against another door, stunning the both of us. From the little vision I have left, I can see as Bolin jumps into the pool to avoid the lavabender's attacks.

"No," I mutter.

The waterbender traps him in a sphere of water and brings him up to the surface.

"Go get the Avatar!" She tells her friend. "I have these three under control."

He runs off, and she picks up myself and a limp Mako. This is embarrassing. I am a master waterbender and I'm trained in combat. I've fought some tough people, but never anyone like these people.

Right before I succumb to unconsciousness, I see Bolin surface from the sphere of water he's trapped in. He gasps for air. As long as he's alive, then I'm relieved.

I hope Asami and Korra are ok.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.2K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...
132K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...
1M 30.7K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
37.2K 1.9K 44
Heimat: a place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, safety and connection to homeland A decade has passed after the final b...