Athena x Nike

By Athena_9909

Ever wondered what it would be like if the ancient Greek wisdom goddess would fall in love with the ancient G... More

#1 * Bright And Early
#2 * The Loyal Guard
#3 * Through Hell And Back
#4 * The Escort
#5 * Dark Dreams
#6 * On Time Is Late
#7 * That One Bloody Party
#7 * That One Bloody Party (part 2)
#8 * Love Like A Battlefield
#9 * Lazy Mornings
#11 * You Always Have A Choice
#12 * Still Waters Run Deep
#13 * "I Am Never Shy"
#14 * How It All Began
#15 * Out And Proud
#16 * Checkmate
#17 * Until I Found You
#18 * Falling Slowly
#19 * Dinner Date
#20 * That Kind Of Special
#21 * The Skatergirl
#22 * Fate Is Cruel
#23 * Jared
#24 * The Skatergirl (Part 2)
#25 * Under The Light Of The Moon
#26 * The Floor Is Lava
Just A Thought
#27 * End Game
#28 * Rain
#29 * The Guitarist
#30 - First Comes Love Than Comes Marriage (1K Special)
#31 * Gatedrop
#32 * The Sting Of War
#33 * Golden Appels Are A Curse
#34 * Winter Bets
Just Another Thought
#35 * Tough Love
#36 * Like Old Times
#37 * Losing Game
#38 * Duty Calls
#39 * Challenge Accepted
#40 * CHB (part 1)
#40 * CHB (part 2)
#41 * Story Time
#42 * Night Out?
#43 * Celebrations
#44 * Matching Onesies
#45 * Because Of You...
#46 * Fallen Angel
#47 * Whose Side Are You On?
#48 * Sunny Dreams
#49 * Matching Tattoos
#50 * Visit The Past
#51 * Crimson Vow
#52 * That Day By The Lake
#53 * 'I Promise'
#54 * Lost Without You
#55 * That One Night..
#56 * Down By The River
Not A Chapter * Life Update?
#57 * Subtle Magic
#58 * No Surrender
#59 * Beyond Her Eyes
#60 * Watching From Afar
#61 * In The Dead Of Night
#62 * The Virus
#63 * Pets
#64 * Victory
#65 * Pets (part 2)
#66 * Mental Prison
#66 * Mental Prison (Part 2)
#67 * Siblings
#68 * Heda
#69 * Lilac Sheets Of Satin
#70 * Like Mother Like Daughter
#71 * Siblings (part 2)
72 * Brighter Than Gold
#73 * Soldier On
#74 * Young Gods
#75 * Bribe The Pet
#76 * Owlsitter
77 * Meet the mother
#78 * Rough Day
#79 * Not Prepared
#80 * Savior
#81 * Not prepared (Part 2)
#82 * Poetry
#83 * Calculated victory
#84 * Shattered mind
#85 * Young Winner
#86 * Rightful heir
#87 * Don't think just run
#88 * Don't Tell the kids (part 1)
#89 * Don't tell the kids (part 2)
#90 * Little sister
#91 * Little sister (part 2)
#92 * Better late than never
#93 * I bet
#94 * Man down
#95 * Drunken night
#96 * Victory in the palm of my hand

#10 * Belated Victory

635 19 2
By Athena_9909

Athena put down the last crate. Her and her soldiers had been unloading. They were setting up a little base to coördinate their operation from. All around her soldiers were running around setting up tents, equipment, cleaning weapons,... Anything to keep busy.

A little further away from their camp Artemis and her hunters were setting up. On the opposite side of the hunters Ares and his spartans were getting ready as well.

"So captain how are we doing?" Athena asked joining him.

The captain handed her a clipboard.

"We're on schedule my lady. As you predicted it would take us the better of the afternoon to get set up. We will be ready right before Nyx drapes her cloak over the world." He reported.

"Excellent. Has the communication been established yet?" She continued.

"Yes. First thing we did, as ordered."

"Good. Go find commander Alexia and general Archos and bring them to the communication tent." The grey eyed goddess ordered.

The captain saluted.

"Oh and Rexhenor?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"Send someone to find Ares and his officers. In the mean time I'll go get Artemis. Keep an eye on the soldiers and make sure they stay clear of the huntresses camp. We don't want to lose any before this whole thing begins."

Captain Rexhenor couldn't resit a chuckle.

"Aye ma'am."

With a stomp of his foot the captain ran off to execute his orders.

Athena herself made her way to the huntresses camp. When she got there they were all set up and sitting around a fire together, roasting some s'mores and telling stories.

Amongst the huntresses Athena recognized one of her many half-siblings Thalia and a Roman who had helped get the Athena Parthenos home. Reyna if she remembered correctly.

After asking Thalia where she could find Artemis she entered her sisters tent. The goddess of the hunt was doing a couple of exercises to calm her inner self.

The younger daughter of Zeus didn't have to open her eyes to know her elder sister had entered. No one had an aura like Athena. Peaceful but at the same time powerful and disruptive. If she was there her aura demanded you give her the attention she deserved.

"Sister." Artemis acknowledged her.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

"We're all set up for our briefing with Olympus. If you are ready I would appreciate it if you and a couple of your huntresses joined me." Athena said.

"Naturally. Is Nike here yet?" The goddess of the hunt asked holding the pose she was in.

The name of the victory goddes sent chills down Athena's spine and she could feel the ichor rush up to her face, no doubt creating a golden blush.

Since her sister took too long to reply Artemis opened one eye to see Athena blushing and staring at her feet. Artemis rolled her eyes. Aphrodite seemed to have finally gotten a hold over the wisdom goddess.

"Is she here yet?" Artemis repeated.

"Oh uh... No. Not yet. But I expect her anytime now." The wisdom goddess replied.

"That means you have a plan?"

Athena gave a look of faked hurt towards her little sister.

"How dare you. I always have a plan." She added.

The huntress rolled her eyes again.

"Cocky."

Athena shook her head but smiled.

"You ready or should I come back tomorrow?" She asked impatient.

"Yeah yeah. You know for someone so wise you have very little patience." Artemis grumbled as she slung her bow over her shoulder and followed Athena to the communication tent.

"Wisdom and patience are not the same thing Artemis." Athena replied.

--------------------------

Nike felt the wind blow through her hair and robes. There was no place like in her chariot, soaring across the sky. This time as limitless as she pleased.

No boss standing behind her to remind her there was places she needed to be. Just her and the four anemoi pulling her chariot.

To be honest the angel was running late. She had a briefing to be at, making sure they'd win and all that. But Nike figured she'd deal with that when the moment arrived. For now she needed a moment to be free.

Free of that set of grey eyes that was always inspecting every inch of her. Don't get her wrong. She loved it when Athena looked at her and she would give anything to have her standing with her right here, right now.

But all her atempts at getting closer to the wisdom goddess had failed. Either she hadn't noticed or she didn't care. Athena confused Nike more than anyone.

It was a trait of the grey eyed goddess Nike both loved and hated. The mystery aura hanging around her. It made her interesting to say the least, but also incredibly infuriating.

After taking the biggest detour she could manage without it getting suspicious she landed her chariot on the clearing in between the three camps that were set up in a triangle shape.

An Athenian soldier ran up to her. She recognized him as captain Rexhenor. He was very close to Athena. He'd been serving her army since ancient times, seeing as much like Artemis' huntresses, the soldiers couldn't die unless they were slayed in battle.

"My lady." The captain said with a slight bow.

Nike nodded back at him.

"Lady Athena asked me to wait for you and escort you inside. I hope you don't mind, but they already started. Lord Zeus isn't that patient." He explained a bit.

"No of course. You don't want to keep him waiting if you can avoid it." The angel agreed.

Rexhenor lead her towards the communication tent.

"If you could wait here for a moment?" He asked.

Nike did as Rexhenor had asked of her. Maybe it was a good thing she had to wait for a moment. Maybe she could prepare herself to see Athena again.

Oh who was she kidding? There was no way she could prepare herself. Those steel grey eyes always looked directly into her soul. Why would this time be any diffrent?

--------------------------

Athena was listening to what her father needed her to do. Behind her she heard someone enter. She would've turned around if this wasn't so important.

The person walked up to her. Suddenly they were next to her and tapped her shoulder. Athena stole a glace and noticed Rexhenor.

"Lady Nike is outside." He whispered.

Athena nodded. Took her long enough to get here.

"Bring her in." She replied.

The captain nodded and went back outside to go get the victory goddess. The wisdom goddes cleared her troath, interrupting her father. All eyes present here en through iris message looked at her.

"Pardon the interruption father, but I assume you'd like to know your charioteer has finally arrived." She excused herself.

As Nike entered with Rexhenor she heard Athena use the word 'finally'. Yeah, that might not be good for her paycheck next month. Not that she cared too much about that.

The thing she did care about however was that this might cut into her alonetime in her chariot. Meaning Zeus would probably want to come with her next time to make sure she got where she needed to be... On time.

"Mhm. I send her out hours ago. She only just arrived?" Zeus questioned.

"Yes father." Athena replied.

Zeus cast a dissapointed look towards the angel. The latter bowed her head in apology, not wanting to interrupt any more than she had to.

--------------------------

The briefing had ended. The soldiers were enjoying themselves with drinks and a bunch of nymphs and dryads.

The only ones remaining to the side were the huntresses. They didn't care much for the celebrative cheers that errupted from the soldiers.

"Why do you let them do this?" Artemis asked Athena as them and Nike overlooked the fesitvities from the borderline between the camps.

"A boost of moral means they have more confidence." Athena replied.

"They're Athenian and Spartan how much more confidence do they need?" Nike asked.

Artemis chuckled. The victory goddess made a fine point there.

"Confidence is key in any battle." The grey eyed goddess said, turning towards the angel.

"True, but too much causes arrogance. Arrogance leads to defeat." The latter pointed out.

"I mean look at Ares." Artemis snorted.

The three of them laughed.

"I should head back to my huntresses. Make sure everything is ready for tomorrow." The goddess of the hunt said.

With a hug for her sister and a nod for the angel she left. Athena and Nike were left standing on the boderline.

"Where were you?" Athena asked after a bit of silence.

"On my way." Nike spimply replied.

Something about that excuse didn't add up for Athena. She had gotten used to Nike always being around. It seemed strange to her she would try to avoid it, because obviously that was what was happening.

"Obviously. But why not come here right away? You knew this was important."

Nike silently cursed. There Athena was again with those searching eyes. They dig and dig beyond the lies and façades until there is nothing but the truth.

"Nike?" The wisdom goddess asked, placing a hand on Nike's lower arm.

"I just needed some time for myself. That's all." The angel replied honestly.

Athena nodded, but her hand remained where it was."

"A moment before the operation tomorrow?"

Not entirely true, but Nike would give anything for this interoggation to be over, so she just nodded.

"Walk with me?" Athena asked, gesturing to the woods behind her.

The pair remained silent. Athena was searching for words. She was so smart and knew so many things, but yet she couldn't seem to find a way to tell the angel how she felt.

Nike on the other hand was overthinking. She shouldn't have agreed to this walk. It was infuriating and painful to be so close to Athena, not knowing whether or not she meant this walk as more than just platonic.

Finally Athena sighed. She still hadn't found the words exaclty, but she figured it was better to just get this over with.

"Y-You had me worried..." The wisdom goddess said, stopping the angel in her tracks.

"I thought that maybe you changed your mind about the plan. Maybe we no longer held the advantage."

Athena's boots suddenly became very interesting to her. She couldn't possibly look Nike in the eye now. Now that she admitted all this.

"I had you... Worried?" Nike asked.

A smile crept on her face as relief washed over her. This was not a mistake. This just might be the best decision she'd ever made.

Athena nodded barely visible. Nike laughed, causing the former to forget her fears for a moment and look up.

"Why are you laughing?" The grey eyed goddess asked.

Her puzzeled expression gave away how confused she was.

"That means you care for me?" The angel replied with another question.

"Well obviously! Why else would I spent weeks on end making preparations and plans just so I know for certain we'll win! So I know for certain you'll be here! So I know for certain I can-..."

Athena stopped herself. She had already said too much. Nike's laughter had died away at Athena's confession. So that's why the wisdom goddess seemed to be so abscent the other day. She was constently thinking of a way to keep Nike close to her.

"So you can what?" The victory goddess asked.

"Nothing. Forget I said anything." Athena said, turning around and walking away.

Nike grabbed her wrist and stopped her.

"So you can what?" She repeated.

The wisdom goddess sighed. Might as well get this over with too.

"So I know for certain I can do this."

She turned around and stepped closer to Nike. The wisdom goddess leaned in and the angel followed her lead. Right there in the middle of the woods, both goddesses laced their lips together in a soft kiss.

When they pulled back they looked one another deep in the eye. In the moonlight Athena's eyes almost looked silver. Nike's however seemed to be shining bright gold.

The victory goddess decided she missed Athena's lips already and pulled her in once again.

(Another author's note: I just want to say real quickly how incredibly thankful I am for all of you who have been reading this book. When I started this a little over a month ago I never expected I'd be at 100 reads already! This is insane you guys. I thought I'd be stuck at like 30 reads or something but holy crap... I don't know what to say. Thank you so much! I'll do my best to keep updating regularly and keep coming with some rad content for you guys! :) - Athena_9909)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 61 11
**Update 1/25/21*** I have decided to end this collection and continue elsewhere. I am now posting on ao3 as egnlotsc! Thank you for all of the supp...
6.6K 341 18
Hello! I am completely rewriting Disney's animated movie, Hercules, into a Supercorp story because why not I love the movie and I love the ship so co...
775 132 20
Update on every Friday :) In this reimagining of the Myth of Sisyphus, the King of the Underworld is trapped in the mortal realm, leaving the world i...
2.9K 168 15
Life was dull, boring, and mechanical. I’ve always wondered if this would change. If something interesting will happen. I always hoped something inte...