Athena x Nike

By Athena_9909

Ever wondered what it would be like if the ancient Greek wisdom goddess would fall in love with the ancient G... More

#1 * Bright And Early
#2 * The Loyal Guard
#3 * Through Hell And Back
#4 * The Escort
#5 * Dark Dreams
#6 * On Time Is Late
#7 * That One Bloody Party
#7 * That One Bloody Party (part 2)
#9 * Lazy Mornings
#10 * Belated Victory
#11 * You Always Have A Choice
#12 * Still Waters Run Deep
#13 * "I Am Never Shy"
#14 * How It All Began
#15 * Out And Proud
#16 * Checkmate
#17 * Until I Found You
#18 * Falling Slowly
#19 * Dinner Date
#20 * That Kind Of Special
#21 * The Skatergirl
#22 * Fate Is Cruel
#23 * Jared
#24 * The Skatergirl (Part 2)
#25 * Under The Light Of The Moon
#26 * The Floor Is Lava
Just A Thought
#27 * End Game
#28 * Rain
#29 * The Guitarist
#30 - First Comes Love Than Comes Marriage (1K Special)
#31 * Gatedrop
#32 * The Sting Of War
#33 * Golden Appels Are A Curse
#34 * Winter Bets
Just Another Thought
#35 * Tough Love
#36 * Like Old Times
#37 * Losing Game
#38 * Duty Calls
#39 * Challenge Accepted
#40 * CHB (part 1)
#40 * CHB (part 2)
#41 * Story Time
#42 * Night Out?
#43 * Celebrations
#44 * Matching Onesies
#45 * Because Of You...
#46 * Fallen Angel
#47 * Whose Side Are You On?
#48 * Sunny Dreams
#49 * Matching Tattoos
#50 * Visit The Past
#51 * Crimson Vow
#52 * That Day By The Lake
#53 * 'I Promise'
#54 * Lost Without You
#55 * That One Night..
#56 * Down By The River
Not A Chapter * Life Update?
#57 * Subtle Magic
#58 * No Surrender
#59 * Beyond Her Eyes
#60 * Watching From Afar
#61 * In The Dead Of Night
#62 * The Virus
#63 * Pets
#64 * Victory
#65 * Pets (part 2)
#66 * Mental Prison
#66 * Mental Prison (Part 2)
#67 * Siblings
#68 * Heda
#69 * Lilac Sheets Of Satin
#70 * Like Mother Like Daughter
#71 * Siblings (part 2)
72 * Brighter Than Gold
#73 * Soldier On
#74 * Young Gods
#75 * Bribe The Pet
#76 * Owlsitter
77 * Meet the mother
#78 * Rough Day
#79 * Not Prepared
#80 * Savior
#81 * Not prepared (Part 2)
#82 * Poetry
#83 * Calculated victory
#84 * Shattered mind
#85 * Young Winner
#86 * Rightful heir
#87 * Don't think just run
#88 * Don't Tell the kids (part 1)
#89 * Don't tell the kids (part 2)
#90 * Little sister
#91 * Little sister (part 2)
#92 * Better late than never
#93 * I bet
#94 * Man down
#95 * Drunken night
#96 * Victory in the palm of my hand

#8 * Love Like A Battlefield

674 24 0
By Athena_9909

"Nike!" Athena called out.

The angel turned to her girlfriend with a smile on her face. If only she knew what was coming. Athena reached for her as she ran as fast as her feet could carry her.

But it wasn't fast enough...

The shell hit and an explosion pierced the ears of the wisdom goddess. A giant blast sent her flying back into the mud.

Athena's ears rung and her vision was blurry, but one thing she knew for sure.

'I have to find Nike.'

The thought kept replaying in her mind as she dragged herself up, only to fall down again clutching her right leg. She let out a cry of pain and frustration. When she looked down she saw a blur of ichor and torn fabric.

Tears were rolling down the goddess' cheek, but she didn't give them a second thought. The same for her leg. Instead of getting up, Athena crawled forward.

She just had to find her.

The angel watched as Athena was overlooking a set of battle plans in her tent. Athena's officers surrounded them, each looking as deeply in thought as Athena herself.

"What if I try to get our troops around the field to get to their lines and cut them off there?" Athena asked, eyes still fixed on the map in front of her.

"You could, but you'll lose at least half by trying to get around. You won't win." Nike said.

Her words left a bitter taste in her mouth. She was the goddess of victory, she knew this plan wouldn't work. Just like the dozens of others Athena had already showed her.

But she wanted so badly for Athena to find a way. Then she could be at her side. If she didn't, she'd have to stand with the opposite site or well... Ares.

Nike didn't exactly like it when he won. It usually meant a lot of bloodshed that could be avoided.

"What if I can send a small squad to infiltrate their lines at key points in their defence. If they succeed their lines break." Athena pointed out.

"If they succeed. Athena first of all you don't know those points, they could be anywhere. Second, those points will be heavily fortified. There is no way a small squad could measure up to dozens of troopers trained to kill each and every intruder." Nike explained.

"You won't win."

The three words that hurt Athena the most. No matter how much armor she wore or how good of a strategist she was, they cut deeper than any knife.

The grey eyes of the goddess darkened as frustration and anger washed over her. In one clean swipe all of the maps and miniature troopers were swiped off the table.

It didn't make her feel better yet so she gripped the table and in one lift it was flipped over.

"Out!" Athena yelled at her officers.

Each of the men and women scurried out, not wanting to be at the receiving end of the goddess' anger.

Once the officers were gone Athena took a deep breath and looked at Nike.

"Tell me what I have to do to tip the scale. I honestly don't know anymore." She sighed.

The words hit Nike as if she'd been slapped across the cheek. Athena never gave up. There was no such thing as her saying 'I don't know'. Athena always had a plan. Right?

The angel took a good look at her lover. Tired was the only word that seemed to fit.

She stepped closer and without words she wrapped her arms around the wisdom goddess. A few moments later she felt her embrace was returned.

Athena buried her head in Nike's shoulder. It took every ounce of self control she had to not let the tears slip out.

"You will win." Nike whispered.

"You always win."

Except right now, crawling through the mud, Athena didn't feel like she was winning.

Her hearing had come back already, meaning her ears had healed. Her leg however, not so much, which lead her to assume that something was still stuck in it.

Around her soldiers wailed with similar pain and troubles. She didn't have time to check on either. She had to find Nike.

"Nike!" She called out.

"Nike!"

No reply. Athena dragged herself a little further. Still nothing as far as she could see. She was so tired. Maybe just maybe she could rest for a moment.

Athena layed her head down in the mud. Everything about her body and armor was so heavy.All she wanted was some sleep. At this point she wasn't even bothered with screaming soldiers, rattling guns and exploding bombs.

Just as she was about to give up and close her eyes she felt pride and joy bubble up inside of her. Odd. There was nothing to be proud of in her position and joy is something not even the best detective finds on a battle field.

It was as if... She was winning... But surely...

She lifted her head once again and saw a golden shimmer to her right. How did she miss it earlier?

Athena dragged herself towards it. The closer she got the easier it became to make out one of Nike's golden bracelets. It seemed the victory goddess was laying underneath a body of a dead soldier.

The wisdom goddess pushed the body off of her and took her hand.

"Nike I'm here. You're okay angel. I've got you." She whispered.

"I... Knew you'd-... Be H-here..." Nike managed to say.

A faint smile laced her lips. A soft light in her eyes. Dim yes, but it was there and that's all that mattered to Athena.

"So how do I do this again?" Athena asked for the third time.

"Seriously?" Nike raised a brow at her her.

They were walking towards their tent. They had decided to just go there for a second and enjoy each other's prescense for a long as they still could. Soon Athena would be on the battlefield and Nike would join the other side since they held the advantage for a victory.

"I told you, think like Ares." The angel explained.

"So don't think at all?" Athena snorted.

"Are you even listening to what I tell you? Ares might not be as bright as you are, but he is smarter than you give him credit for." Nike stopped Athena.

"I know it's hard to admit, but he has you cornered. That has to mean something no?"

"I hate it when you're right." The wisdom goddess muttered.

"No you don't."

"You're unbelievable."

"I try."

Nike winked and Athena shook her head. The latter laced their hands together and walked along.

"So how do I think like Ares?" The grey eyed goddess asked when they entered the tent.

"You let go of the plan and go after the goal. No matter what, you must reach it." The victory goddess replied.

"But how do I reach the goal without a plan?" Athena said.

"You see what happens." Nike retorted.

"But-"

"Stop there." The angel cut her girlfriend off.

"You're thinking too much about it already. Don't think about what you're going to do. What would Ares do if he was cornered like this?"

"Use brute force?" Athena guessed.

"Exactly."

"But there's no way that can work. Ares has way more troopers. Stronger too."

"True. But he has them spread out. He expects you to do something sneaky or use some back door Athena. So much so he left the front door unlocked. Why not use it?" Nike winked.

Athena walked up to Nike, picked her up and spun her around.

"By the fates I love you." The wisdom goddess smirked.

"I love you too."

A medic and a couple of other soldiers had carried Nike and Athena back to their base. While they waited for Apollo they were laying in a bed next to one another.

Nike reached out her hand and Athena took it.

"We'll be alright won't we?" Nike asked.

She had slowly started to heal a bit, but without Apollo's expertise it would take forever.

"Of course. We always win don't we?" Athena replied.

"Of course."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 168 15
Life was dull, boring, and mechanical. I’ve always wondered if this would change. If something interesting will happen. I always hoped something inte...
102K 1.3K 182
I love Nico di Angelo, as you may have noticed. I have one-shot books for him on Tap, he's a main character in AT LEAST half of my stories, and is on...
114K 1.4K 20
A few notes before we get started. -I am no longer taking requests. This is a completed work. -I will do thinks like Demigod x Child!Reader (THESE...
7.8K 66 11
**Update 1/25/21*** I have decided to end this collection and continue elsewhere. I am now posting on ao3 as egnlotsc! Thank you for all of the supp...