𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 - 𝐌...

By hiddleloki

Max loved living in New York, she had everything she could ever want, having a best friend like Derek Shepher... More

Part One
Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Part Two
Cast part two
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Ninteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-five
Part three
Cast Part Three
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Ninteen
Twenty
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Twenty-One

1.1K 37 4
By hiddleloki

Season Seven, Episode Nine 
Slow Night, so long

In the past week Arizona has left and Christina quit the program, so really it's been a major cluster fuck all around. At least Derek got the news that he got the grant for his Alzheimers trial so currently they were all heading into Joes to celebrate.

As soon as Max walks in she stops abruptly making Callie run into the back of her with a grunt, "What the hell?" Callie groans as she looks up as everyone else notices Christina behind the bar working, poorly.

"Why are you behind the bar?" Derek walks up to her and asks.

"Oh, Leo told me that I should be doing something so here I am" She tells them, looking so unbothered by all of this, "What's everyone drinking?"

"Vodka Soda sounds good for me" Max shrugs, "Mark will take a scotch"

"Easy enough" Christina nods, grabbing two glasses as the group head over to the table Leo saved for them.

"Nobody else wanted a drink?" Max asks as she sits in the chair Makr pulls out for her.

"No, M2. I dont think it's a good idea humoring this behavior" Miranda snips.

"She sat on the couch for three days stright watching infomercials and eating cereal out of the box, so yeah, I told her to do something" Leo shrugs, taking the peanut from the table and putting it into his mouth.

"But you didn't specify what kind" Callie points out.

"I dont need to, what am I gonne do? Make her be a doctor? She's going through something right now and although I wish she wasnt, she is and us all pusing her isn't going to help her regain her passion" Leo sighs, tired of people acting as if they know what's going on more then him.

"At least it's not the morgue" Mark jokes, "Although, I think she'd like that"

"Tell her you changed your mind. Tell her she can be a housewife for all you care" Derek laughs.

"She doesnt even have a hobby, Derek"

"I think that the only thing she'd be worse at than bartending is housewifing" Callie laughs.

"I know, Isn't that great" Leo says, smiling over at his wife.

"What's so bad about bartending? She's not dancing on a pole" Mark offers.

"People have to make money somehow, Mark. We dont shame" Max tells him, calling out his poorly made joke.

"I'll give her all the time she needs, we all know this wont last but this is what she needs to get over the trauma she faced, you all faced that day and if this is how she learna to cope then we need to let her. She'll come back to us" Leo tells then with a final tone in his voice, "Now I would love to stop talking about this because at the end of the day it doesnt concern you"

"We aren't trying to push, Leo. We're all just concerned, we know Christina and this isn't her" Derek says to him sincerely.

"All right! I call this the early onset Alzheimers because you wont remeber anything after you drink it" She tells them exciedtly as she passes out the drinks, "To Shephered ans his genius brain crap"

"To Shep"

"To Shepherd"

The group takes a small sip, not trusting the non-bartender and immediately disgusted with the drink at how strong this is.

"Yeah. Im gonna need that scotch" Mark tells her, setting down the drink.

"Make it two" Derek chimes.

"Babies" Christina taunts.

"Oh and Max's Vodka soda" Mark adds, ignoring Christina.

"Early onset alzheimers- you dont think thats a little distasteful?" Derek quips.

"I think it's delicious" Miranda defends with a smile

"Christina-" Leo begins as a group of men swarm the bar.

"You want a whisky neat?" Christna rushes and Leo just nods at her.

As Christina walks away, Teddys walks into the bar and sits down at the empty seat, "Only an hour in, guessing the date sucked" Max says.

"I need a drink" Teddy groans, grabbing the early onset alzheimers, ignoring all warnings from the people at the table"

"Hey, Hey! That was mine.Now you have to order me another one" Miranda drunkenly yells from accross the table.

"Oh, god. That's disgusting"

"Yeah, I think we all warned you there, Teddy" Max looks at her, "But yes, how was the date?"

"His very first question- 'So what's you favorite food?'

"What'd you say?" Mark wonders.

"French, but thats not the point. Why would he ask me what my favorite food was? Like he read that's some good icebreaker from some internet handbook that was handed out at the loser fair?" Teddy groans out and slams her head on the table.

"French actually sounds good, is there any good restaurants near here?" Mark looks over at Max to which he earns a few blinks and a pat on the knee.

"I love you so, but I think we have to listen to people problems right now" Max whisperes to Mark "This is why you dont meet people on the internet"

"You've been married since you were like 12, you dont get an opinion about my pathetic forays into internet dating" Teddy tells Max while keeping her head on the table.

"That is true" Derek looks at Max and Mark with a laugh.

"You do need a drink" Mark quips, handing her his scotch.

"Or two" Max adds.

Teddys chugs the scotch and looks at Callie, "Go to Africa"

"What?"

"No" Max blurts.

"Arizona's an idiot and she's a fool, and you need to go there and tell her that I told you to say that dating... is evil, and that what the two of you have is rare and that she's an idiot. Get on an airplane and go to africa and thank god you never have to go on a first date again"

"I think the only smart thing you said was Arizona is an idiot" Maz says aloud.

"Yeah, Im not going to Africa" Callie sighs, over the converstaion.

"Well, then youre just as big an idiot as she is"

"Torres is a grown women, you cant make her do something she doesnt wan to do" Derek defends with a smirk.

"Okay. Again, Mr. Perfect Married guy, you dont get to open your mouth, cause wh-"

"Get ready! Get ready!" Chrsitna yells from behind the group of men, "Chug, chug chug!"

"What the hell did i miss?" Teddy laughs and looks at Leo, "What are you going to do?"

"I'm gonna watch my girl have fun and when she needs me i'll be there" Leo smiled over at Chrsitina counting down the men chugging down the beer.

"How are we letting this happen? I mean, seriously, how are we just okay with it?"

"Oh, Im not okay, Im jealous. CHristina gets to live out the 20s we never got to cause we were stuck in med school" Callie sighs, " Watch, ten years from now, we'll all have a midlife crisis and end up doing the same thing"

"Except we'll all be in our 40s and wont look as cute" Miranda points out as she stirs another early onset alzheimers.

"Hey, speak for youself, my girl can still get down" Mark whoops and lifts Max uo from her chair and sets her on his lap.

"I dont want to know how well Max can get down, thank you very much" Derek gags jokingly.

"I second that, just foul" Leo adds with disgust.

"Oh shut up you two" Max laughs, "How many of those have you had?"

"Hey! My son is with his father. I am 24 hours child-free. If Christina Yang can tend a bar cause she wants to, then I can drink cause I want to" Miranda slurs a little but gets her point acrossed perfectly.

"Has she mentioned me?" Callie asks Teddy sadly.

"What?" Teddy looks at her.

"I know she writes to you and my best friend here- " She points over to Max "Wont tell me what she writes to her, so I am asking you if she's mentioned me"

Max looks behind her to Mark and he just gives her a 'dont get into look' back, "Let's go dance"

"I would love too" Mark tells her softly, "I just have to do something real quick. I'll meet you in the middle"

Max nods at him with a smile and they part ways. She waits for only a second before hearing the familiar opening to the song they had their first dance too. Max had a handful of movie scene moments in her life but the way the crowd parts for them as Mark walks up to her with a goofy grin she vowd to always love, this was a moment to capture.

"I think im in love with you"

"Good, because I know im in love with you" He tells her back, wrapping his hand around her torso, pulling her close.

Your love is my turning page
Where only the sweetest words remain

"The day I married you, was one of the happiest day of my life" Max whisperes softly in his chest as they slowed dance in the middle of the fast paced bar.

"All of my happiest days have you in it"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488K 11.1K 49
Madelyn grey Fraternal twin sister of Meredith grey and daughters of one of the best surgeons, Dr. Ellis Grey. Madelyn and Meredith are two different...
89.2K 3.6K 39
Part 1 of Where We Might End Up Series A familiar face from Derek and Mark's past arrives at Seattle Grace Hospital - a former student, a brother, an...
677K 18.2K 89
Saving lives is all I wanted to do in life but something harder than a open heart surgery is protecting your own heart. I thought I was strong enough...
24.8K 763 38
Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been offered chief at Seattle Grace stealing...