My favorite Mary

By CrystalAllen675

Rory has worked on the campaign trail and years later her life seems to be crashing around her when she recon... More

Chapter 1: Rory's life
Chapter 2: Tristan's Life
Chapter 3: A walk in Central Park
Chapter 4: Are you serious?
Chapter 5: A night out on the Town
Chapter 6: I am moving to NYC
Chapter 7: Can it really be this great
Chapter 8: Mr. Toad's wild ride
Chapter 9: This feels right
Chapter 10: Date Night
Chapter 11: Your body is a wonderland!
Chapter 12: Everybody loves Trory
Chapter 13: Unexpected News!
Chapter 14: Old friends are the Best
Chapter 15: Christmas Vacation!!!
Chapter 16: X'S and O's!
Chapter 17: Christmas in NYC and Stars Hollow
Chapter 18: Holidays together
Chapter 19: New Years Eve troubles
Chapter 20: Time to plan a wedding
Chapter 21: Guests arrive for the big day
Chapter 22: One more day
Chapter 23: Miss to Mrs.
Chapter 24: Reception Time
Chapter 25: A Martha's Vineyard Honeymoon
Chapter 26: Who is the Heiress?
Chapter 27: Gender Reveal!
Chapter 28:Honeymoon and Babymoon
Chapter 29: Getting ready for our bundle of Joy
Chapter 30: Looking for our forever home
Chapter 31: Welcome to our new home
Chapter 32: Baby shower
Chapter 33: Graduation day
Chapter 34: Our fresh start
Chapter 35: House warming party
Chapter 36: New addition to the family
Chapter 37: Vistors welcome
Chapter 38: Sleepless nights
Chapter 39: Getting back to normal
Chapter 40: Growing up
Chapter 42: A big surprise
Chapter 43: A great Loss
Chapter 44: Moving on is hard
Chapter 45: Things are looking up
Chapter 46: The Big Two
Chapter 47: Our first family vacation
Chapter 48: Are we or aren't we?
Chapter 49: Big brother
Chapter 50: Gender Reveal
Chapter 51: Michael's three and his new room
Chapter 52: Brayden's baby shower
Chapter 53: Almost time to welcome the new baby
Chapter 54: Daily routines
Chapter 55: Trouble in paradise
Chapter 56: Life is getting back to normal
Chapter 57: Em and Brayden's First Birthday
Chapter 58: Daddy's little girl
Chapter 59: Through the years
Chapter 60: High school days
Chapter 61: Graduation Day #1
Chapter 62: College Life
Chapter 63: Final Chilton Graduation
Chapter 64: Move-in day
Chapter 65: Empty nest
Chapter 66: First Yale graduation!
Chapter 67: Fatherly Advice
Chapter 68: Martha's Vineyard
Chapter 69: Yale Graduation#2
Chapter70: Wedding Bells ring
Chapter 71: Daddy's little girl is all grown up
Chapter 72: It's a grand time for a new baby
Chapter 73: Wedding blues
chapter 74: Epilogue

Chapter 41: The big one

343 14 0
By CrystalAllen675

Tristan's POV:

I am walking around behind my parents as they are making sure all the decorations are right. Rory is with her parents and both of her grandmothers. 

"Tristan, we should really have these over here and the balloons together over here. Don't you agree son?"

"Mom, I think everything looks fine where it is. I mean he is one he doesn't even understand what is going on today. To him, it's just another day."

"Son, their first birthday is just as special as their thirteenth, sixteenth, eighteenth, and twenty-first."

"To us yes, to him no. He will remember the day he becomes a teenager, the day he gets his driver's license, the day he is a legal adult, and the day he can legally drink alcohol. He will not remember his first birthday nor will he care where the balloons and streamers were. You paid a lot of money to the decorators to decorate for the party. That is where they put them."

"That's right Tristan, he will remember those birthdays and not his first. This is more for you and Rory. You made it through the first year as parents and you all survived. You are also right that we paid the decorators and I want them moved. So, I will make sure they are moved." She walked away toward the decorators.

Tristan stood there and shook his head. He decided to walk over to his wife and she if she needed rescuing from her family. 

Rory's POV:

"Hey, grandma, Sookie is catering all the food and his cakes. I trust Sookie grandma Emily."

"Well, we just want to ensure everything is perfect. There will be a lot of our friends here and a lot of society families were invited. The ladies from the DAR. I just want to ensure everything is perfect."

"Emily, I have faith that Rory and Tristan have the food under control. I ordered a bar set up for the adults since there won't be many little ones here." Francine said as she smiled at Rory. 

"Oh, alright Francine let's go see if they have the bar set up. I need a drink." Emily shrugged and walked off. 

"Thanks a lot, mom for your input and for trying to help me out with grandma Emily."

"Oh, you are so welcome loin fruit. Where is the birthday boy?"

"He is currently napping. We laid him down about an hour ago. Tris and I will go bathe him and get him dressed shortly."

"There is my lovely wife. Are you okay over here with your family? I was trying to come to help you when I saw you with both your grandmothers."

"I am good now since grandma Francine took Grandma Emily off to check on the bar. Did you know they invited half of society and the DAR to our son's first birthday party?"

Tristan put his arm around her, "we figured they would. We are from three very prominent society families. Just think of all the gifts Michael will get from the rich families. Luckily our friends will bring toys and things that Michael will actually enjoy. Two hours and then we are finished with the social part and we can celebrate our son's first birthday the way we want to celebrate."

"Really? We can have hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, and cotton candy. We can let our son smash his cake and get it all over the place?"

"Yes, we will do the proper party with your grandmas, my parents, and all their society friends. Then we will have a second party with the guys, your mom, Luke, Paris, Madeline, and Louise's kids. He can smash his cake anywhere he wants to because I ordered a smash cake and a second birthday cake with rainbow cake batter. I also asked Luke to bring hot dogs and hamburgers from the diner. I went and got tons of ice cream and cotton candy. I knew this wasn't the party we wanted."

She ran over and threw her arms around his neck and kissed him. "I love you Tristan Dugray. Let's go wake our son up and get him ready for this party."

"I love you Rory Dugray and both Sookie and Lane will also be staying with their kids."

Lorelai stood there smiling at her daughter and son-in-law. "Hey, kiddo he is perfect. He knows how to do the society part and the fun part. He is definitely a keeper."

"I know mom. I have no plans of letting him go that's why I married him." They walked into the house. 

They woke Michael up and gave him a bath. Rory dressed him in a blue and white checker outfit that said super 1. They fixed his hair and put his tennis shoes on. 

They sat there playing with their son and enjoying the time alone as a family. Until the doorbell rang. 

"Guess it's time to put our society smiles on and parade our son around." They walked out hand in hand with Michael. 

They stood at the door greeting the guests. Most showed up with envelopes and some showed up with gifts and envelopes. 

Mitchum and Shira Huntzberger showed up with Honor, Josh, Logan, and Odette. 

"Rory and Tristan so lovely to see you both again and your son is very handsome. He looks a lot like his dad." Shira said smugly. 

"Ms. Gilmore, lovely to see you again. You have a lovely home."

"Mrs. Dugray and thank you, Mitchum."

"Rory lovely to see you and Tristan nice to meet you. You have a lovely home and what a handsome little man." Honor said as she entered.

"Rory, Tristan nice to see you again. As I said before Rory this seems more than I expected from you for a home. It is a mansion. I never expected you to live in something like this since you hated all of us trust-fund kids but then you married one."

"Yes, well as I said before, it is big but I loved the ambiance we found. It is like an older home and we loved the space for our family. There is plenty of room for our family to grow and Michael to play as he gets bigger."

"Are you planning on more kids?"

"I mean I was a little surprised when you got knocked up with this one and got married so quickly. I figured you would be like Lorelai and only have the one."

"I didn't get knocked up we were in a committed relationship. He was unplanned so soon but nonetheless, we love our son and he wasn't a mistake. I didn't get married so quickly and we are in love. Yes, we plan on having maybe one more maybe three more all depends on if our next one is a girl."

"Oh, so you are just planning on popping kids out until you get another Gilmore girl. That's great I just figured the whole family thing was something you didn't want when you wanted a career instead of a family. At least that's what you told me when you turned my proposal down."

"Look, Logan. Your family hated me and always said I wasn't good enough for you. I am happily married and we are growing our family. My husband is home and I don't have to worry about him cheating on me. There was no way I could have married you right out of college after the Bridesmaid situation. I never forgave you for that by the way. What we had was great but it's in the past I wish you could just be happy for me."

"Look I understand how you feel. I messed up at Chilton and lost her for years then one day when I least expected it I found her. You have to move on from this you are married to Odette and I am married to Rory. We are happy and if you move on you can be happy too. You have a beautiful wife standing over there waiting for you."

"She will never be Rory. The only woman I have ever loved. I am sorry for everything Rory I really am I thought we were broken up when that happened with my sister's bridesmaids. I never cheated on you. I will always love you. I am happy for you and man you better treat her right because let me just warn you I will be waiting for you to mess up. When you do I will be there."

"I don't plan on ever losing her. Sure I may mess up from time to time but I will always do everything in my power to fix any problems we have."

Rory smiled at her husband, "I love you, Tris. I am not going anywhere, baby. You make me so happy and I am madly in love with you." Tristan leaned over and kissed her. 

Logan hugged Rory and patted Tristan on the shoulder and walked over to his wife. 

Paris arrived with her two kids, as well as Madeline and Louise. "Oh my goodness Rory, I can't believe you married the Chilton bachelor and you have a son together. He looks just like his dad. This is my son Brett he is eight months old." Madeline said.

"This is my son Brayden he is fourteen months old. I was so shocked when we found Paris and found out you two were still friends and that you of all people married Tristan Dugray."

"Yes, I married Tristan and we are happily married. This is our son Michael. We are going to have a more kid-friendly party after the elder society families leave. I hope you all will be able to stay and enjoy a real kid party."

Next Finn, Colin, and Robert arrived. "Hey, Reporter girl and Tristan. Nice party but please tell me there will be a fun party after the elders leave?"

"Yes, Robert there will be a better party in two hours."

They walked around and socialized with the elder society families and then it was time for his giant two-tier birthday cake. Michael's eyes got so big when he saw it and Rory and Tristan helped him blow out the candle. 

They walked to the door and said their goodbyes as everyone left. Tristan fired up the grill and they stripped Michael down to his shorts and let him run around. They pulled out the sandbox and the ball pit for the babies to play in while the older kids played on the swing set.

They all popped beers and everyone kicked off their shoes. The prepared guests changed clothes and they ran the sprinkler. 

Luke cooked the hamburgers and hot dogs and the guys were playing with the babies in the water. Lorelai sat there smiling at how Rory was just like her she made a fun party for her son. They all ate, laughed, and had a nice time. 

Tristan pulled out all the gifts from their friends. Michael got so many noisy toys and bears. He was playing with the babies in the fort they bought so he could play outside but couldn't run off. 

Rory and Tristan laid a sheet of plastic out and sat Michael down with his smash cake. He had cake all over him but he was loving the cake. Lorelai took a ton of pictures and they took Michael up to bathe him again. 

Rory and Tristan were laughing at Michael he was covered in cake from head to toe. "That was really fun. He really enjoyed his party. Thank you so much Tris for thinking to do this for him." She leaned over and kissed him.

"You are welcome, baby. I just knew that we needed to have a really fun birthday party for our son and we will do this every year. I am glad he had fun and now we have plenty of pictures to torture him with when he brings his first girlfriend home."

They finished bathing him and dressed him in his pajamas. Then walked down to the rest of their friends and family. They said their goodbyes when they all left and sat down on the floor and played with Michael until he started rubbing his eyes.

"I think our son is worn out and ready for bed mommy."

"I think you are right daddy. Let's go read him his bedtime story and lay him down."

They walked up to the nursery and laid him down. Rory sat down and began reading him goodnight moon. While Tristan stood there patting his butt. 

"He's asleep mommy." They eased out of his room after they both kissed him good night. 

They cleaned up all the plates and then went up to their room. They lay down cuddled together and soon they both drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.1K 2K 42
Set after those final four words- what will Rory do? How is she going to tell the father? How will Lorelai react? This is a ROGAN story
1.7K 19 14
Tristan Dugrays sister comes back from studying abroad in England and happens to fall inlove with the one and only Paris Geller . While studying at C...
498K 13.5K 102
What if Lorelai Gilmore had twin girls? Frankie and Rory, fraternal twins with very little in common. Rory is quiet, Frankie is loud. Rory loves scho...
69.6K 1.7K 52
This story takes place 7 years after Rory turned down Logan's proposal. What happens when Logan and Rory run into each other in New York City? Loga...