My favorite Mary

By CrystalAllen675

Rory has worked on the campaign trail and years later her life seems to be crashing around her when she recon... More

Chapter 1: Rory's life
Chapter 2: Tristan's Life
Chapter 3: A walk in Central Park
Chapter 4: Are you serious?
Chapter 5: A night out on the Town
Chapter 6: I am moving to NYC
Chapter 7: Can it really be this great
Chapter 8: Mr. Toad's wild ride
Chapter 9: This feels right
Chapter 10: Date Night
Chapter 11: Your body is a wonderland!
Chapter 12: Everybody loves Trory
Chapter 13: Unexpected News!
Chapter 14: Old friends are the Best
Chapter 15: Christmas Vacation!!!
Chapter 16: X'S and O's!
Chapter 17: Christmas in NYC and Stars Hollow
Chapter 18: Holidays together
Chapter 19: New Years Eve troubles
Chapter 20: Time to plan a wedding
Chapter 21: Guests arrive for the big day
Chapter 22: One more day
Chapter 23: Miss to Mrs.
Chapter 24: Reception Time
Chapter 25: A Martha's Vineyard Honeymoon
Chapter 26: Who is the Heiress?
Chapter 27: Gender Reveal!
Chapter 28:Honeymoon and Babymoon
Chapter 29: Getting ready for our bundle of Joy
Chapter 30: Looking for our forever home
Chapter 31: Welcome to our new home
Chapter 32: Baby shower
Chapter 33: Graduation day
Chapter 34: Our fresh start
Chapter 35: House warming party
Chapter 36: New addition to the family
Chapter 37: Vistors welcome
Chapter 38: Sleepless nights
Chapter 39: Getting back to normal
Chapter 41: The big one
Chapter 42: A big surprise
Chapter 43: A great Loss
Chapter 44: Moving on is hard
Chapter 45: Things are looking up
Chapter 46: The Big Two
Chapter 47: Our first family vacation
Chapter 48: Are we or aren't we?
Chapter 49: Big brother
Chapter 50: Gender Reveal
Chapter 51: Michael's three and his new room
Chapter 52: Brayden's baby shower
Chapter 53: Almost time to welcome the new baby
Chapter 54: Daily routines
Chapter 55: Trouble in paradise
Chapter 56: Life is getting back to normal
Chapter 57: Em and Brayden's First Birthday
Chapter 58: Daddy's little girl
Chapter 59: Through the years
Chapter 60: High school days
Chapter 61: Graduation Day #1
Chapter 62: College Life
Chapter 63: Final Chilton Graduation
Chapter 64: Move-in day
Chapter 65: Empty nest
Chapter 66: First Yale graduation!
Chapter 67: Fatherly Advice
Chapter 68: Martha's Vineyard
Chapter 69: Yale Graduation#2
Chapter70: Wedding Bells ring
Chapter 71: Daddy's little girl is all grown up
Chapter 72: It's a grand time for a new baby
Chapter 73: Wedding blues
chapter 74: Epilogue

Chapter 40: Growing up

366 15 4
By CrystalAllen675

3 months later: March 2018

Rory's POV:

So, we are getting close to Michael's first birthday and Tristan and I have been planning his party with both my grandmas, and Tristan's parents are helping us plan. 

Sookie is going to cater the food and make the cake. We are having a huge backyard party. He is too little for a bounce house so we ordered a ball pit for infants. Altho none of my friends have kids except Paris.

Louise and Madeline are talking to Paris and will also be coming to Michael's party with their sons who are around Michael's age. Madeline ended up marrying some Wallstreet broker named Rick and Louise married a rich Trustfund kid named Steve.

Tristan isn't very happy that they were invited but I tried explaining that otherwise there would only be adults and Paris' kids. I think he is afraid they will try and cause us problems. Paris said they were very surprised when she told them that Tristan and I were married. 

Michael is nine months old now and he is standing up and almost ready to take his first steps. We keep our phones ready for his first steps so we can record them. He is growing up so fast. He looks more and more like Tristan every day he is going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up. 

Tristan's POV:

I walk into the kitchen and see Rory feeding our son. She is such a great mother and wife. I really admire her as a person. She finally finished her book and has it sent out to four different publishing companies. 

She is feeding Michael and playing with him. He is having fun and keeps laughing at his mommy. He is growing up so fast that some days it seems like it's too fast. I can't believe we are planning his first birthday. He is almost ready to walk.

 We are so excited for him to hit this milestone. He crawls and scoots all over the house. Most days Rory and I are blocking areas off so he can only go so far. He learned to crawl up the stairs and we put a baby gate up.  

I thought we were both going to have a heart attack when Rory walked into the kitchen for his juice and came back and he was sitting on the staircase. She screamed and ran up the steps and that day we had all our staircases covered with gates. 

She is very protective of Michael he has never gotten hurt. Once he started to fall off the couch and she grabbed him half fall and acted as if nothing happened.  

She looks over and sees Tristan standing there. She smiles, "good morning baby. Did you sleep well?"

"Good morning baby and yes I did. I slept really well last night. How did you sleep beautiful?" He walked over and kissed her. Then made his way to the coffeepot. 

"I slept well also. So, what are our plans for the day babe?"

"I was thinking we could go for a walk in the park maybe let Michael play at the playground. Just enjoy a nice spring day outside. How does that sound? Then go for lunch after we leave the park."

"That sounds good. Can we go to Chinese?"

"Sure and Michael loves the rice and chicken there. I love you, Rory. I love that we get to watch our son grow up every day and spend so much time with him. We are lucky as a family to have the freedom to do that."

"Yes, we are lucky we get to enjoy time with you. Michael is a lucky baby to get time with his mom and dad." 

"Any news from any of the publishing companies?"

"Not as of yet. Which is good because we have so much going on in the next few months with planning his party and waiting for him to finally walk. Have you decided on when you plan on purchasing an office to start back to work?" 

"Not yet. I am not ready to go back to work yet. We are planning on having another baby and I don't really think I want to think about going back to work until we have had our last baby and made it through their first year. Are you ready to get rid of me? I mean we have plenty of money."

"Of course not. I love being able to spend time together as a family. I just wasn't sure you said when he turned one you were thinking of going to work. I am even happier that you aren't planning on returning until after our youngest baby is one. How many kids are we planning on having?"

"I don't know exactly. I mean how many kids do you want? I do know I want a daughter but I say we stop at four if we don't have a daughter by then."

"Okay, so what if our next baby is a girl?"

"Well if our next baby is a girl then we can stop or have more I will leave that up to you." Tristan smiled.

"Okay, well if our next child is a girl then we can stop, and if not we keep trying for a girl. That is our plan for our family." Rory said as she kissed her husband. 

Two weeks later: 

Rory and Tristan are playing on the floor with Michael he has been standing up and leaning on the table. They have been trying to get him to stand up which he will do he just hasn't attempted to take his first steps yet. 

Tristan was holding his fingers and walking with him. Michael turned loose and took his first three steps toward Rory and then sat down. Rory and Tristan grabbed him up and was jumping around.

"You did it buddy you took your first steps. Mommy and daddy are so proud of you. You are getting so big, buddy. You are almost ten months old and walking. I am so glad you will be walking by your birthday." Rory said as she hugged her son. 

Later that day Michael turned loose of the table and took off. He walked several steps and that was it. He started walking. 

Two months and Two weeks later: June 2018:

Michael has been walking all over the place. They are constantly chasing him now. He is on the move and Rory and Tristan are constantly chasing him. His birthday is in two days and tomorrow the decorators are coming over to get the house ready for the party. 

"Wow, I didn't realize how easy we had it until he started walking now we never get any rest. At the end of the night, we are both worn out from chasing him around. Michael has learned the word no and says it all the time." Rory said as she sat down beside Tristan.

"I know baby. He is constantly on the move. We had it really good for the first ten months. I swear he is going to be on the track team or something. He goes all day and all night. Except for when he is in his high chair or in bed."

"I am so tired. Tristan, we need a nice hot bubble bath to relax. Then maybe we can go to bed and make love." She wiggled her eyebrows seductively at her husband. 

"That sounds nice baby. I will go start the bathwater. You can grab the wine and the glasses and I will meet you upstairs." He kissed her and headed upstairs.

He started the water, added bubble bath, lit candles, and placed two towels beside the tub. He laid his phone down and had the music playing. He removed his clothes and tossed them in the dirty clothes hamper. He sat down and waited for his wife. 

Rory walked into the bathroom. She undressed and threw her clothes in the hamper as well. She sat the wine and glasses down on the edge of the tub. She had the baby monitor which she sat on the vanity. She slowly sat down and laid back against Tristan. 

They drank a couple of glasses of wine, sat there relaxing, and enjoying each other's company. They were so relaxed.

"This is exactly what I needed after today. I feel so much better now."

"I agree Mare, this is exactly what we both needed. Just think in two days our baby will be one. I can't believe he is already walking and can even talk in sentences now. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. In two years he will start preschool."

"I know. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. I am glad that we have been able to stay home with him and watch him grow. Raising him is a full-time job."

"Yes, it is. Honestly, there is nothing else I would rather do tho. Watching our son grow up has been an amazing job."

A/N: Thank you to all my readers and followers. I apologize for the delay of this chapter. I tested positive for Covid and had been quarantined to my bedroom and was feeling really down. I am now at the end of the virus and am starting to feel a little better. I will do my best to put out three chapters this week. Still a little weak and not a hundred percent yet but getting there. Hope you enjoyed this Chapter and Michael's 1st birthday is coming up. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

646K 17.9K 47
In 1986, when Lorelai and Rory Gilmore fled Hartford, they left something important behind, not something, someone. Juliana Gilmore-Hayden, the forgo...
4.6K 78 9
LUKE & LORELAI ❝i don't have many people in my life who are in my life permanently, forever.❞ ❝but there is no one who will be...
23.5K 883 60
Rory is a sophomore at Yale when she meets three snobs who think they are better than everyone else just because they have money. She isn't intereste...
90.1K 2K 42
Set after those final four words- what will Rory do? How is she going to tell the father? How will Lorelai react? This is a ROGAN story