Withhold [H.S]

By nashlycam23

With•hold: Verb- Refuse to give (something that is due to, or desired by another) Synonyms: hold back, keep... More

[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 14]
[Chapter 15]
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
[Chapter 19]
[Chapter 20]
[Chapter 21]
[Chapter 22]
[Chapter 23]
[Chapter 24]
[Chapter 25]
[Chapter 26]
[Chapter 27]
[Chapter 28]
[Chapter 29]
[Chapter 30]
[Chapter 31]
[Chapter 32]
[Chapter 33]
[Chapter 34]
[Chapter 35]
[Chapter 36]
[Chapter 37]
[Chapter 38]
[Chapter 39]
[Chapter 40]
[Chapter 41]
[Chapter 42]
[Chapter 43]
[Chapter 44]
[Chapter 45]
[Chapter 46]
[Chapter 47]
[Chapter 48]
[Chapter 49]
[Chapter 50]
[Chapter 51]
[Chapter 53]
[Chapter 54]
[Chapter 55]
[Chapter 56]

[Chapter 52]

216 4 2
By nashlycam23

Payton's POV

"What can I get you all started with? Any appetizers? Drinks?" The waiter suddenly came and approached us as Luke cleared his throat and shifted in his seat.

"I'll get the thousand island." Luke said before he wrapped his arm around the couch and looked over at me.

"Get whatever you desire my darling. Tonight is your night." Luke grinned as I felt my heart slightly race.

Technically, I'm not 21 yet, I can't really drink. Although I did with my girls, I just didn't feel comfortable doing it with Luke. It felt wrong drinking with a bunch of gang members.

"I'll just umm get a water." I said shyly before I heard his friends chuckle.

"Sweetheart. Don't be shy. Although it's cute when you're all innocent, you can get whatever drink you want." Luke grinned as he scooted closer, bringing his arm around my shoulders.

"I'm technically not 21 yet." I whispered to him as his eyes sparkled.

"Don't worry about that sweetheart. I won't tell." He smiled as chills ran down my spine.

"Here, get this one. You'll like it." Luke said as he pointed to a drink called "Call me cutie."

I almost laughed at the name before I ordered it for myself. As the other guys started ordering their drinks, I felt Luke's eyes on me.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked as I looked over at him.

"It's just.... the name of the drink... I don't know it's funny." I said, pressing my fingers to my lips to stop myself from giggling.

"You're adorable Payton. No wonder Harry kept you for so long." Luke grinned as his eyes slowly looked at my outfit.

I then gave him a look, wondering if he should of said that or not before he quickly pulled himself back together.

"Oh I'm sorry... I probably should stop mentioning that. I don't want to remind you of him." He apologized as I shook my head.

"Don't worry. I'm completely fine. I can handle it." I smiled as I waved it off.

"Well.... now that you got your life back, what do you plan on doing?" He asked before our drinks suddenly appeared.

"Thank you." I smiled at the waiter as Luke handed me my drink.

I looked down at the glass and noticed the colors we're pink and white, causing my eyes to widen with interest.

"Well... um... I'm in college to be a hair stylist. And I'm also studying art, in case I want to be an artist later on." I answered as he looked at me intently.

"Oh really? Is that what you really want to be? Out of everything?" He asked as I looked down.

"Well.... I mean... I'd like to do more... like be a veterinarian or something extremely helpful.... but I guess I didn't believe in myself enough to take the classes.. plus, they were extremely expensive." I said as I looked down at my lap.

"Well why don't you do it now?" Luke asked as I looked up at him.

"Well... I kinda can't.... I didn't have enough money for that. But it's okay. I've always loved hair styling." I shrugged towards the end before I took a sip of the drink.

I almost spit it back out due to how strong it was, but I had to keep it cool so I swallowed it down quickly.

"Well you can do it now, I'll just transfer some money into your bank no problem." Luke offered as I widened my eyes at him.

"Oh my gosh no. No Luke really, you're so sweet and kind, you've already done so much for me but you don't need to do that. Trust me, I'll be fine with what I'm doing now." I said as I shook my head.

"Relax darling. It's my honor to give you whatever you need. I don't mind it really. I have so much money, not even I know what to do with it." He smiled.

"Luke, really. I can't accept that. I'd feel so bad." I rejected.

"It's honestly not a problem. Whatever you need Payton, I'll provide. I'm going to take care of you from now on." He said as my heart suddenly stopped.

What am I getting myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks again, for the ride" I said as Luke's chauffeur pulled up to the curb.

"No worries. I wouldn't want you going home alone in an Uber. That could be dangerous." Luke waved it off as I smiled over at him.

"I had fun tonight. We should do this again sometime." Luke added as I placed my hand by the door.

"Are you sure I don't owe you anything? Or have to do some kind of job? I feel like.... I'm doing nothing in return. Do you want me to like, fold your laundry or something?" I asked awkwardly as he chuckled and shook his head.

"You crack me up Payton. You know that? Don't worry I don't want anything in return, just your company. That'll do me just fine." He replied with a wide smile.

"Alright.... if there's anything else... let me know." I said unsurely before I opened the door.

"Will do my darling. Sleep tight." He said as I smiled and nodded my head.

"You too. Goodnight." I waved before I closed the door.

I let out a massive sigh before I made my way through the campus, following the light poles that lead to my dorm. I was feeling slightly buzzed due to how strong the drink was that I had from the club, but I was doing quite alright making it back alone.

It was really strange spending time with gang members. Was this going to be my new life now? Despite the fact that I was no longer with Harry and his gang, I was now with Luke and his. Shouldn't I be avoiding every gang?

It just didn't feel normal spending time with criminals, having a drink and a causal conversation. Literally the entire time I was with them, all we did was drink and chat. Like an actual full on chat. It wasn't about drugs, wasn't about violence or any of that, it was just about life. And it went pretty smoothly.

I didn't entirely understand why Luke wanted to hang out with me, but I guess it wasn't too bad being with him. I just couldn't help but feel like I was doing something completely wrong and back stabbing Harry.

I soon reached my door, sliding my key into the slot before I twisted the knob and unlocked it. I let out a deep sigh as I entered into my room before I closed the door, bending down to take off my shoes.

I tossed my keys into a small bowl before I yawned and put my shoes in it's place. My entire room was dark but the moonlight was shining through my window and exposing my cream carpet.

I then grabbed the very bottom of my dress, slowly pulling it above my underwear as I made my way over to the drawer. Before I had the chance to pull off my dress completely, I suddenly saw a shadow move near my bed, causing me to gasp as I ran into my furniture.

"Where were you tonight?" A very familiar British accent rasped through the dark as they stood up.

"Are you freaking serious right now? What the hell are you doing in my dorm in the middle of the night?!" I asked in disbelief, almost having a heart attack.

"Where were you?" Harry asked again as he walked up to me.

"Jesus Harry! I'm gonna have to buy pepper spray now because of you! What if you were some total stranger?! I could of beat your ass with a bat or something!" I said as he towered over me.

"As if you could." He scoffed as I took offense.

"Look, I don't even want to know how you got in here. But can you please leave. I almost got naked in front of you." I said in frustration.

"I don't care. Now tell me where you went tonight." He said in his normal serious tone.

"Oh what, are you my father now?" I asked before I turned around and walked away.

"Give me a freaking answer Payton." Harry growled as he grabbed my upper arm and slammed me into the drawer, causing my eyes to widen.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked as I narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Damnit, tell me!" He yelled, causing me to flinch.

It felt like I was back at his house all over again.

"I was just out with my girls." I lied as he stared into my eyes.

"Is that so?" He asked, somehow not believing me.

"Yes, why do you even care? And why are you even here?! I thought I told you to leave me alone!" I said as I tried to move my arm out of his grip.

"If you were with your girls then who's car was that when you were dropped off?" He asked harshly.

I didn't understand why he was so pissed off at the moment. Let alone in my freaking room!

"Uhh, the Uber's." I lied again as he exhaled sharply.

"Really? You sure it wasn't Luke's?" He bit back as I swallowed hard.

"What are you talking about?" I tried my best to act confused before I moved away and searched for my pajamas.

"You know exactly what I am talking about. Tell me you aren't seeing Luke. Tell me I'm just hallucinating and you weren't just with him right now." Harry hissed as my heart started pounding against my chest.

"Who's Luke again?" I asked before he grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"Cut the sh*t. Where you with Luke and his gang just now?" Harry asked seriously as he looked deep into my eyes.

I opened my mouth to speak but my voice betrayed me.

"Why do you assume it was Luke?" I finally managed to say before he exhaled.

"Because that's his car." Harry seethed.

"So you're spying on me? From my own room? That's great." I said sarcastically before I turned around and walked away.

"Why are you with him? Out of all people, you're with him!" Harry said angrily as he followed close on my tail.

"You're being jealous for absolutely no reason." I replied as I grabbed out a matching set of pjs.

"Tell me why you were with him, did he threaten you? Force you? Are you seeing him?" Harry fired questions at me as I narrowed my eyebrows.

"What?! No! We just..... I don't know, we just..... had a brief conversation okay!" I gave in as I threw my arms up. 

"Why?! Why are you okay with seeing him and not me?! Why the hell are you with Luke! He's a freaking criminal!" Harry fumed as I sighed.

"You have a lot of nerve showing up to my room in the first place." I ignored him as best as I could before I pulled my dress off.

He paused as he watched me, eyeing me up and down before I quickly grabbed my grey sweatpants and slid them on.

"Payton, f***ing answer me right now. I don't have time for your games." Harry seethed as he snatched my elbow and forced me to face him.

I was just standing in my bra and sweats as we were face to face, causing me to breathe slightly faster.

"Games? You're the one acting like the same person who kidnapped me." I spat back as he clenched his jaw.

"Why are you seeing Luke Hemmings?!" Harry asked again as I sighed.

"Why do you even care?" I questioned.

"Because he's bad news Payton! He's not a good person! Like at all!" He yelled.

"Then what are you?! A semi good person?! You do exactly what he does!" I yelled back.

"Payton, you don't understand. We are in the same category but I'm nothing like him. He is dangerous Payton. He's manipulative and he's devious." Harry informed as I rolled my eyes.

"He's actually not. He's quite nice to me thank you very much. In fact, he didn't kidnap me or prevent me from going to my own home!" I said back as his eyes widened.

"Really? Is this to get back at me?! You're hanging out with that guy just to piss me off and rub it all over my face?! Is this really all to get me jealous?" He asked as I scoffed.

"Please. Like you'd be jealous." I laughed.

"Well you're doing a good job at it." He hissed as I placed my hands on my hips.

"Look, I know he's a criminal and I want nothing to do with you guys, but I kinda don't have a choice." I sighed as he narrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean you don't have a choice? Do you owe him something? Did he put a label on you? Is he making you his now?" Harry asked as I shook my head.

"No, it's nothing like that." I denied.

"Then what is it? Does he know about what happened?" He asked as I looked down.

"Well.... he found out.....through the news. So he checked up on me and said he was willing to help me out in anyway. He wasn't expecting anything in return. He just wanted to keep in touch and make sure I was safe." I admitted as Harry looked confused.

"What? Luke never does anything without wanting something in return. He's lying Payton, he's lying to you." Harry said defensively.

"He's done a lot more than you have." I said as I looked down and realized I still didn't have a shirt on.

I quickly turned around and grabbed my sweatshirt before I pulled it over my body.

"Payton, he's manipulating you! You can't seriously be believing this guy! Let alone spend time with him! This is dangerous Payton. He wants something from you. He wants you! Can't you see that?" Harry blurted as I sighed.

"Gee that sounds familiar." I sassed.

"You have to stop seeing him." Harry ordered.

"I don't have to do anything." I bit back as I faced him.

"Payton, listen to me okay?" Harry lowered his voice as he grabbed my arms and pulled me very close to his chest, bending down a bit so that we were eye leveled.

I gasped as our eyes locked while his hands gripped onto me tight, shaking me slightly.

"I know Luke a hell lot more than you do. I don't know what he's planning but the fact that he's spending time with you alone just shows that he's up to no good. He's using you for a reason. And it's not a good reason. He's manipulating you and trying to gain your trust until he gets what he wants. And that's you. You have to believe me and stay the hell away from him. I don't want you to get hurt." Harry warned as I looked deep into his dark green eyes.

"You can't trust a criminal." Harry added quietly as I exhaled.

"I trusted you." I replied just above a whisper as his grip loosened.

"Payton, please. You can't trust him. Ever. The only people you're safe with is me and my gang. We'd never hurt you or use you for our own selfish needs." Harry said as I clenched my jaw.

"Oh really? Then why did you lock me up for a whole month?" I sassed as he sighed.

"Payton! Please! Don't see him ever again! I mean it!" He raised his voice as he grabbed my face with both of his hands.

"Fine! If I stop seeing him then will you stop seeing me?!" I fired back as his eyes softened.

"I'll stop seeing Luke and I'll cut all ties with everyone related to a gang, if you leave me alone like I asked. No more coming here, no more sneaking in. You're gone, forever. Is that a deal?" I said as he didn't dare to blink.

It remained silent for a while as we stared into each other's eyes, neither of us breathing too soft or too loud. He then slowly lowered his hands from my face, peeling them off before he took a step back.

"Fine.... we have a deal." He said back as he tried to hold himself together.

I then held out my hand, wanting him to shake on it as I stood my ground, making sure he knew how serious I was.

He looked down at my hand before back up at me, his eyes asking if I really wanted to do this.

He then let out a sigh before he reached his hand towards mine and gripped it firmly, letting them both shake in agreement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779K 38.1K 34
[Complete] "The only thing keeping you alive.. is that blindfold wrapped around your eyes." Louis agrees to house-sit for his parents during their we...
5.5K 278 24
"I'll take care of you just like you'd take care of me." ♥️ CAUGHT /Kôt/ past participle of catch. verb • come upon (someone) unexpectedly. • interce...
43.3K 1.9K 114
𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐗𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓! 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍. Trapped. She was trapped for 5 years. At the age of partying and livi...
64.9K 2.2K 61
I was currently held at gun point by a guy who claimed to love me. He smirked before speaking. "I told you that you couldn't get away from me." Micha...