"This is wrong."

"Not a single drop of blood in your body believes you."

Einar gulped loudly and pushed Callen away "I have a mate."

"I know" Callan smirked and folded his hands to his chest with a smug look on his face "He is standing right in front of you."

Einar stay put in his place like a statue. His mind froze and every wisp of his breath was knocked out. The only moving part of his body were his eyelids which gradually grew perhaps in horror. Einar's heart beat spiked and he was rendered defenseless all of a sudden. He couldn't formulate a future course of action. The smiling face of the handsome man said it all. Einar was busted. He knew a day as such could arrive but he wasn't prepared. Moreover the situation was shaking him to the core.

 Callan waited and waited for any response but when none came he shook his head in amusement "Come on say something!" he snickered "I assumed that you would at least resist me at first." he shrugged. Einar stood glued to his place. He even forgot to blink his eyes for he knew not what was happening. He was clueless. 

"Fine! let me speak your words." Callan cleared his throat loudly and stood with a stance so as to reflect and act as Einar "You would say things like 'Stop talking nonsense Ashton. You cannot be my mate. I don't want you.. Think about your parents; think about my family; what would the pack say! blah blah blah..' and then you would curse me some more and say things to break my heart." He laughed a little "See.. I simplified things for us."

Einar gazed at the man for the longest before uttering in surprise "How long have you known?"

"Since our birthdays.. All my life I was waiting for that one special person but now I have three."

Einar growled in jealousy while Callan giggled at his reaction. "Relax I was talking about the demon and your wolf."

The muscular man bowed his head in shame and embarrassment. The very moment of truth was shaking his insides. He barely kept his resolve intact for it seemed that Callan was enjoying himself. He felt humiliated and a bit angry "I was a fool."

"That you are."

"You played me." Einar gritted his teeth "You had the audacity to hide such an important thing from me for so long. How dare you!"

"Uh uh. We shouldn't go there." Callan raised a brow and shook his head "As far as I remember you hid being my mate for almost eight years! Compared to that I have been lenient with you. I am even ready to let you go with an apology. So go ahead, say sorry."

Callan took two steps ahead with a childish pout and mischief in his eyes. Whereas Einar was not in his own "You think this is a joke. I wont apologize for anything."

"Ever so stubborn. Now since the big secret is revealed. There is no need for your fake cover."

Einar brushed aside his fears and cleared his throat "I stand by my decision Ashton." he looked at Callan with determination "I don't want you. I reject you as my mate!"

The words stung Einar but he had no choice left. Callan was hellbent on a destructive path. A path which had no future but only obstacles to their union. The glimmer of hope which he saw in Callan's eyes needed to be squashed for it was for his own good.

Callan saw the hesitation and anxiousness behind the hard lined face of Einar. Owing to the proximity for the past several weeks Callan had learned to discern the features of his mate. He knew Einar was hurting himself and he also knew that he wont budge from his stand. However this time Callan wasn't going to back down either "I wish it was that easy. Your determined to push me away and I'm certain to get you one day."