Epilogue-1

The melting snow from the higher grounds was weaving a green blanket around the mountains. There was a change in the scenery. Nature was carving its way for another transformation. 

The king stood at a distance in his balcony and sighed looking at the moving clouds which cleared the sky.

Stanislas was enjoying his days in the palace wing. He was carefree and smitten by his own devilish mind. For years he was on the lookout for the power couple. He could barely hold his anguish when he realized how the blue moon alpha played him like a fool. He was relieved that the search for the Elemental master was over and now he only had to play his cards right.

"We have news."

The sudden disturbance from Frederick was less of a bother, for the king hardly cared about anything right now. He had anticipated victory before hand.

"Did we succeed?" The king asked as he gracefully sat on his chair.

Frederick and his two brothers kept looking at the king for the longest. They were finding it hard to compel their tongues to roll. 

Wallace exhaled briefly and spoke "The Elemental escaped."

 Stanislas furrowed his eyes and strangulated his arm chair. The anger was just there trying to overpower every other emotion. However the king sighed and clasped his hands. "He isn't a bit of my worries right now." He sighed "Tell me everything."

Bernard continued "As was planned Richard sowed hatred in the human and he was broken. He was angry when he knew what happened to the village chiefs daughter and the were bear. He escaped the prison with the bear.."

"This is fantastic! There was a confrontation right?"

"Yes father. Einar was head to head against the Elemental"

"And?"

Bernard nervously looked at his brothers and gulped in trepidation "No one died."

"What!" The words seeped in slow but Stanislas was stunned. He failed to understand how his perfect plan didn't pan out as was thought.

"No..! How did.." he took a pregnant pause with his mouth open "Why?" he whispered in disbelief.

"The Elemental just ran away like a coward."

By this time Nevart was at his kings side and joined the conversation as a mute spectator. He observed the calm in nature while his own mind was anxious all of a sudden. He was holding his own to be brave but deep down he was upset. "This is not what we expected." he said in a meek voice.

"You are right. I cannot wait anymore." Stanislas looked at the priest who gave an encouraging nod

"Prepare the army" He ordered his eldest son "We will be marching at dawn."

"There is something more." Bernard interjected.

"What now?" The king asked with a haste. Irritation clear in his tone.

"The locket has been broken."

The kings mouth lay hung open as he slowly rose from his seat in utter disbelief. "Impossible!"

The entire hall fell silent as Stanislas and Nevart mirrored each others expressions of horror and panic. His heart beats rose to such a level that every wolf ear was able to hear the rhythmic drums loud and clear. Small beads of precipitations glinted through his forehead. He felt so weak in the knees that he had to take support of the priest to stand. His nightmare was real now.

The sons looked at their fathers condition with utter helplessness. They were clueless for they thought that their fathers worry was unjustified. Though Einar was strong beyond comparison, the royal army was twice the size of the entire blue moon pack. Besides their enforcers consisted of strong alpha males who were proficient in their job. Even if they suffered a big loss ultimately their royal victory was guaranteed.