The Bleeding Heart

The sunny rays of the morning sun were shining bright at the house of the Ashtons. The gardens were are all green while alternate shades of red and yellow beautified the lilies which were thriving in its glow.

At this point of time however it was the mother in Mary who was the happiest. Her only son was sitting besides her and enjoying her homemade food.

 "Everything is amazing mother. I really missed this."

"Eat my son." Mary affectionately patted Callan's back as her heart was filled with joy "I will pack your favorites for you to eat at home."

"I will have them when I visit next." Callan bluntly said as he kept stashing the piece of meat in his mouth.

Mary uncomfortably looked at her mate who reciprocated her with a dejected look of his own. It was hard for them to say the words but they had to respect the decision of the pack "Don't do this son." Justus said in a low voice "You are breaking the rules. You will get yourself in trouble again."

"I have never cared and I never will."

"Don't be stubborn Callan. Thank the alpha for allowing you to visit us."

Callan was quiet for a moment. He looked at his parents and then slowly looked outside the window. He could see the middle aged man standing near one of the rose plantations and appreciating its beauty.

It was strange.

Callan had been visiting his parents for a long time without the knowledge of the pack or anyone else. He never cared for the outcome as his parents were more important to him than anyone else in the world. Today was no exception. He stepped out of his house to visit his parents home. He was taken by surprise when he saw the alpha comfortably sitting at the dining table, having a chat with his long time companions Justus and Mary.

He saw Callan and was quiet for a moment. He wasn't shocked. Like he was expecting him to make an appearance. Ragnar excused himself to take a walk beside the beautiful plantations and let Callan have his family time which he needed the most at this time.

When it was finally time to leave the house, Callan bid goodbye to his emotional parents. He kept reassuring them that he would visit soon while Justus was trying hard to make his son realize that he was asking for trouble. Just as Callan was out of the main gate he saw the alpha standing right in front of him as if waiting for him. They both agreed to walk to the alpha house together so that no one was suspicious about Callan's visit to his parents.

"I am really thankful for what you have done for me today." Callan spoke all of a sudden to break the uncomfortable silence.

"I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. Besides this isn't the first time that you have visited your parents." Ragnar raised one of his eye brow to which Callan smiled at awkwardly "You have a knack to go against us."

"I broke the rule I am sorry."

"That's the thing." The alpha snickered "You are not."

Callan was at a loss of words after that. Indeed he was not sorry for visiting the people he loved the most in the world. The rules of the werewolf world never bothered him for he was never a part of it. However at this moment he realized that the alpha knew about his hidden excursions to his parents house which would have repercussions later on. 

But why did the alpha keep that a secret from the pack? 

Callan concluded that it must be the good heart of the alpha which compelled him to change his mind.

"Have you congratulated Einar yet?"

Callan faltered in his stance by the sudden occurrence of his mates name. He kept his gaze low and exhaled a long breath of sorrow "We haven't met for a long time."