No More Escape

"How could he! This man is getting on my nerves now. I mean he could have done something else but targeting your parents was a real low for him." An angry Archer spoke through his gritted teeth and kicked the stone which was lying on his way. He looked at the distraught face of his best friend and the anger inside him grew.

Callan kept his gaze low and looked at the ground beneath. The grimes were circulating and mixing up with other grimes to form random shapes. He circled his palm in a uniform direction again and again. His face was stoic but his mind was not at peace "He had planned it all along."

"But how did he know about your excursions to queen Katana's island?"

"He used to follow us."

"You didn't realize back then?"

Callan shook his head still looking at the ground "It was Orcus who told me about it."

When Callan was silent again, Archer found it hard to go with his next assumption. He paused at his words, letting his eyes roam all around before gathering his courage to speak "Do you think that the demon..."

"No!" Callan jerked his head up in a sudden reaction "He is there somewhere but he doesn't want to show himself."

Archer pursed his lips and paused his thoughts for a moment. He looked apologetically at Callan and asked for forgiveness. The desperate look of hope in Callan's face was making him worried about his best friend. He smiled at him awkwardly and said "That's messed up."

"Tell me about it." Callan scoffed "He thinks he hurt me and so without considering my feelings he distanced himself from me. He is guilty."

"The real shameless person here is that son of the alpha."

A small bead of water ran through the cheek of the handsome man as he lowly spoke "He didn't know."

 Archer gazed at Callan in surprise "What?"

"He never thought his plan would take such a drastic turn. I could see it in his eyes. He wasn't expecting Daragor to show up and leave so suddenly."

Archer's mouth lay hung open. It was hard for him to believe that even after all the pain Callan went through he was still defending the person who tormented him greatly. "How can you still defend him!" Archer raised his hands up in air in an act of disbelief and exhaled short breaths of anger.

"It wasn't his fault."

"THEN WHOSE FAULT WAS IT?"

"I don't know." Callan spoke in a meek voice.

"Oh you do.." Archer ran his hands  through his hair in frustration and waited for his anger to cool down. He kneeled besides his best friend and looked at him with compassion.

 "Please don't do this to yourself." The were-bear almost begged "Your constantly overlooking his mistakes time and again. All he ever does is force you into unfavorable predicaments. He is hurting you, do you even realize that?"

"He loves me and I love him."

"This is madness..! " Archer rose from his seat and raised his voice in anger "You are clearly obsessed. There is a difference between right and wrong which you don't want to see right now. Your prejudiced against Einar which makes you believe that he has to have a reason to cause you pain. If he is so much of a man where is he now? Did he even bother to apologize? Does he even care for what state you are in? Are the rules for his love different?"

Callan softly shook his head and looked at Archer with a teary eyed smile. "Sooner or later he will come to me Archer. I'm sure of it."

The endless hope in Callan's eyes was burning his life slowly and Archer knew it. However it was becoming difficult for him to make his friend realize that Einar's company was more of a disaster for him. All he wanted was to see Callan happy and clearly the happiness wasn't with Einar. "It is difficult to make you see reason when you've blindfolded yourself. When people are in love they don't hurt each other. Whatever the case maybe, attacking your parents wasn't the right thing to do. He has thrashed your fathers image and destroyed his identity. Most importantly he has separated you from your parents. What justification would you give for that?"