Framed

The scattered rays of the sun were not enough to illuminate the darkened depths of the dungeon. Though Callan had lit the flamboyant lamp on the outside, his weak self was not capable to hold onto it much longer. He kept staring at the fragile figure behind the steel bars who was indifferent to his visitor and kept munching the food eagerly. Callan was satisfied when he looked at the man feeding himself but his thoughts were unstable. 

"It doesn't make sense."

"Why..? Because he killed someone for saving his own mate." The middle aged man snorted and stashed another chunk of meat to his mouth.

"He killed his own father! The man who he loved so dearly."

The prisnor lay aside the empty tray and took two steps towards the man "You are filled with sorrow." he looked at the sad eyes of the handsome man.

Callan sighed "Somehow the blame lies on me. I was responsible for his death."

The man shook his head in disagreement "It was all Einar."

"He had to take such an extreme step because of me. If it hadn't been for my life Einar would've never killed his father."

The man rolled his eyes "As if the wolf has not gone to the extremes before."

"What do you mean?" Callan asked in confusion.

"Forget it." The man gritted his teeth and looked sideways to avoid the gaze of the Elemental "Where is your guard?" He asked abruptly to divert the topic.

Callan shrugged "Flying somewhere perhaps."

"She should be with you. Leaving you unprotected as such is dangerous."

"I will be fine by my own. Besides someone has to do the job."

"That someone is you!" The man chided. It was becoming unbearable for him to control his angst for the poor behavior of the Elemental.

As a supreme leader Callan had some responsibilities to shoulder. His line of work was way different than what he did in the pack. He wasn't meant for the pack and yet he never gave up the wolves. Though the man was irritated with Callan he knew the reason for Callan's unwillingness.

"I cant leave Einar." The handsome man spoke softly.

"He needs you but you don't need him." 

"I need him too."

"You want him. There is a difference." the man lowered his voice as his anger had been on the rise and he didn't want to further upset the Elemental. "The full moon will be here soon and before that you have to prepare yourself for your destiny."

Callan scowled "I don't want any of this."

"It is not your choice. Everything you have gone through so far was all part of a plan. Destiny was trying to make you walk on your fated path. The more you try to change it the more you will suffer."

"Einar is my destiny." Callan stated as a matter of fact.

"He is a part of it." the man nodded briefly "People are waiting for you. It is not Isadora's job to do what was meant for you. Sooner or later your destiny will take its course even if you don't wish for it."

Callan wanted to say much more; so much more to the prisnor but he was out of time. More importantly whatever the prisoner said did make sense but his love torn heart wasn't ready to accept the fact that he had to leave Einar. He side glanced at the entry way when he heard some footsteps. The guard outside was gesturing him to leave at once.