Make A Wish

After the episode in the Alpha's office, Callan was taken to a nearby room to help him ease his anger. His face was red and all he could think of was rage, animosity and disgust for Einar. He huffed every now and then before slamming his fist down on a table. The sudden action caught off guard Justus and Peter. Both of them stared at each other and then looked at the distraught  state of Callan. Peter courageously stepped forward and held Callan's arm to make him sit on a chair.

"Listen here Callan, I know you are angry but you have to calm yourself."

Callan lifted his head to look at the former beta. "Why is it always me? Why does he hate me so much? I did nothing as such to ire him back in the office. I wished to be a part of the trials because it was my right. I wish to mate Viola because we chose each other. Where have I gone wrong?"

Peter looked at a distressed Justus and nodded at him when Justus was about to coerce his son, assuring him that he would handle the upset boy. He sighed and sat near Callan "I know son that in your mind you feel what you are doing is correct. But a request to demand a chosen mate has to be done by a wolf. Moreover Viola has not found her mate, that doesn't mean he is not alive."

"But we are two consenting adults. Shouldn't our wish be given consideration." Callan tried to reason.

"Yes it should but only when both the parties have a deceased mate."

Indeed the law stated that only a wolf whose mate had died can put forth his plea to find a chosen mate. Viola never mentioned about her mate in the past few years because she had visited many a packs but always returned empty handed. On the other hand people who had visited the blue moon pack did not strike a chord with the lady. Thus she assumed that either her mate was not a wolf or he was dead. "No one claimed her. Maybe her mate is no more." He looked at Peter with his eyes full of hope.

"Did she feel that? Did she feel the death of her mate?" Callan was dumbfounded on that question. "Mark my words Callan; it doesn't end well! Your father did told me about the relationship of you both. Lets just say that I am disappointed in you."

"But why?"

Peter sighed and kneeled in front of Callan. "We as animals are very possessive of our mates Callan. For us meeting our other half is the most blessed moment of our life. To cherish this union, both the wolves gift each other the most sacred thing they posses- their purity. If however one partner was involved even in the act of kissing someone else, the other partner may go insanely deranged and loose his senses. It will be the biggest betrayal of his life. He may become unstable and his mentally ill behaviour may cost the pack greatly." 

"But.."

"I know you haven't thought about any of it when you established a physical relationship with her but indulging in intimate contacts with other wolves is a crime and the werewolves law clearly states severe punishments for such acts. So know this much son, Einar was a bit harsh back in the office but he wasn't wrong and you should apologise to him."

Callan hunched in his position as his head lowered and his eyes filled in the tears.

This meant that Callan had to let go of Viola. Even if her mate was dead she could not choose him because he himself was not blessed with one, so his mate being dead was out of question which eventually meant that he could not put forward a request. It also emotionally weakened him because now his greatest fear was coming alive. He would be left with no one to love; no one to cherish; no one to spend the rest of his life with. He had lived a lonely life all throughout which was already affecting him deeply.

 He thought that he would have a chance at a mate but that was shattered when his father squashed any hopes of him having one. He thought that he would live a life with his chosen mate but he was once again robbed of the privilege. If he choses love from outside than he had to leave the pack and if he decided to stay than he had to endure the depression for being alone  his entire life!