The Pit Of Death

It had been a pensive morning for Callan. He took long strides but he was in no hurry. The distance to the alpha house was short but still the man took his own sweet time. The chirping of birds and their melodious singing was making Callan content. However his heart was more joyful as he remembered the conversation from a couple of days back.

He was happy that he cleared things up with Daragor. The night had made him comfortable and he now was no longer afraid of the spirit neither was he dubious about him. He could now be unguarded when in close proximity of the demon.

 In a way Callan felt apologetic for the spirit. He was always fed with fallacies that he wouldn't have any mate. His friends on the other side encouraged him to not lose hope and find love on his own. He did exactly that but his endeavours never succeeded.

Moreover he was angry at Aurora. Though the witch had good intentions for the man still she should have trusted him. She could have at least hinted him about his mate. But she kept it all to herself and let blew the matter out of proportion. A lot of damage could have been averted had Aurora revealed everything.

Callan exhaled a breath of exasperation. He knew that the demon was on his side. He now had to take in the wolf and the human. But how was he supposed to do that? Einar was mighty stubborn while the wolf was another challenge altogether. The fragment of memories Callan had of Orcus were all related to his anger. He remembered his occasional growling, his fit of rage and his murderous glares. Never once had he seen him calm and composed.

Callan's thoughts were interrupted when he heard distinct footsteps marching in his direction from the front. He could see a large group led by Garrick, Peter, Richard, Aldous, Marden, Tusker, Arthur and his father. Arthur and Justus seemed worried for some reason while the rest of the members were angry. Their eyes full of rage were directed at Callan. But why?

Soon the group reached the man in a rush as Richard fisted his hand and swung it with a force right at Callan's jaw. The handsome man faltered in his stance as his lips were cut and it oozed the rid liquid. He bent sideways with the power of the punch. Richard held Callan's shirt and brought him up to level him face to face. He again curled his fingers and hit Callan's jaw with his brute strength. This time though the impact was greater as Callan fell down flat on his back. In the next instant Richard sat on Callan's torso to hit his iron fist, blow after blow to the puzzled man.

It took three men to detach a ferocious Richard from Callan. He clutched the shirt of the handsome man with such a force that that the fabric ripped up from its collar while the other people were struggling to detach the two men.

"LEAVE ME. I WILL KILL HIM..!" Richard's voice trembled with outrage.

Arthur helped Callan stand up as in the next instant Richard landed another sneaky blow. He wasn't stopping. His friends were trying to control him as his wolf was showing prominence.

"That is enough Richard." Garrick roared in his authoritative voice.

"HAND HIM OVER TO ME. LET ME KILL HIM." Richard reached for Callan again as this time he managed to release himself from the clutch while he kneeded his leg right to the stomach of Callan.

"I said STOP...." 

Richard's action came to a rest abruptly. He huffed in annoyance and spit on the face of the puzzled man. 

"Let the council decide the matter." Garrick ordered in his stern voice. He then turned his attention to a bloodied Callan who was holding his abdomen in pain "You always have a knack for trouble Ashton." Garrick sighed derisively.

He looked at a dejected Arthur and ordered him "Bring him to the open ground."

Arthur reluctantly agreed and helped Callan to stand on his feet and compose himself. On the other hand Callan was left confused for he was unaware of the situation which was going on "What is happening?" he asked Arthur.