Rising From Ashes

A few months back

The winds that flowed outside were partially inviting the warm rays of the sun through the curtains. However the serene environment inside the hut had an eerie feeling to it. 

Zelda was cautious of every single move of the lady across the table. She wished to have the company of Mary who was with her mate in the next hut. On the other side Ragnar was anxious to know what the seer had in store for them.

The strange lady played with her fingers before settling for one of the rotating stones on the table. She held the stone in her hand and narrowed her eyes to the leader of the pack "Ask away alpha."

"Einar..." The alpha sighed "I want to know the future of my pack."

"You have to be more specific alpha."

"Will Einar be the alpha my people deserve?"

"This is not the question you want to ask, is it?" The seer laughed after the statement. It was obvious to her that the Knights were wrapping themselves in layers. The seer on the other hand could see the truth in front of her. Her power of wisdom was more than the strength what the alpha possessed.

"Well.. he will be an alpha like no other." The lady said "Driven by passion and rage." She shook her head and snorted "Now why don't we get straight to the point."

The alpha mate felt exposed. The hesitation in their eyes or the constant flickering and biting of their lips gave too much away. It was uncomforting for them to raise the topic but they had to be sure. Zelda looked at her mate before gazing at the seer with helpless eyes "Is Rosaline the mate of my son?"

"What does your instinct tell you?" The seer responded "Do you really feel a connection; a bond between them?"

The question was simple and yet the alpha pair was hesitant again. They looked at each other with disdain for deep down they knew that their little hope had died down. 

Rosaline was a woman worthy of being a luna. She was sympathetic, calm and decisive when needed. The entire pack idolized her values and  worshipped her as their luna. The problem arose when even Einar iterated the fact. 

He saw her as the luna of the pack and not as the mate he so claimed.

Initially it was Zelda who could see the lost mirth in Einar's eyes. His face contradicted the sadness his eyes portrayed. She shared her concerns with her mate only when alpha Ragnar realized what the problem was real. They kept this fact to themselves and started observing the two of them. 

Einar's constant reluctance to romanticize his relationship with his own mate was a big worry. However it was Ragnar who pointed it out that Einar's bond had been a play all along but the question remained why. 

 They had suspected for long that Einar was attached to Callan in a unique way. However they rebuffed it thinking that Einar was mere angry or jealous of Callan for his handsomeness like every other male in the pack. 

 "Does that mean.." Zelda gulped with withering confidence

The seer smiled and bowed her head ever so slowly "You have suspected it for long and in your heart you know the truth. You just don't want to accept it."

Zelda's breath got hitched as a tear of sadness rolled down her eye. Ragnar was sad too. Although he wasn't surprised at the fact but he was miffed nonetheless. 

Einar had been trying to keep the bond a secret for a very long time but the major incidences involving Callan only proved that deep down Einar was concerned for Callan. Ragnar could see the love, the happiness in Einar whenever he was around the human. He observed the minute changes in Einar's features even if someone would mention the green eyed boy.