The Worst Of The Hurt

The air in Einar got stuck. His nightmare was coming to life. He breathed unevenly and he flared his nose in defiance "No! No...!" He raised his voice in protest "No you cant!"

"Why?"

"Because you just cant." Einar took two steps closer as his face was calm for the first time "I love you and I know you love me too."

"That is the reason I am leaving you." Callan said with indifference.

It was like a cold splash of water on Einar's face. His heart was weak after hearing those words. 

What did Callan mean that he was leaving him? Was it something that he had done? Did Callan know all the hidden secrets? If that was the case than Einar was in trouble. However Einar was sure that Callan would understand him. He just needed some time to make things right. He believed that his love was above their problems.

Right now however the important task was to stop Callan from making a rash decision.

"You know that I wont let you leave. You just cant." Einar said as a matter of fact. "I know you are upset. I know I might've crossed the line this time but please try to understand me. I did everything to protect you!"

Callan gritted his teeth "You imprisoned me!" He said with accusation in his tone "Hid things from me. You blamed me for the death of your unborn!"

"I know and I am sorry.." He lowered his eyes "But believe me I did everything for us."

"Don't you dare say that! What you did was nothing more than selfishness. You hurt me more than anyone can imagine."

The atmosphere was tensed all of a sudden. The fine gravels from the earth were circulating in mini whirlpools while the sky above was gathering an army of rumbling black clouds.

Einar cared least about these changes as he kept his focus intact on the man he loved "I have always cared for you. I held you hostage for a reason. You don't know what dangers lie in there. It was the only way to keep you safe. There are people who.."

"Who want me dead. I know... " Callan completed the sentence in a hurry and took a long pause "But I am more afraid of you."

Einar exhaled unevenly. Those words shattered Einar's heart a million times. Never in his wildest dreams had he ever imagined that Callan would be afraid of him. He was ashamed, he was heart broken. He wished he was dead before hearing those words.

"Don't say that." he pleaded with wet eyes "I will not harm you I promise. I cannot even think of it!"

"You promised to keep me safe. You promised to accept me. You promised to hold my hand forever. You promised a lot of things Einar." Callan's emotions were reflecting all over as he flared his nose in rage. "You are nothing but a coward."

 The tensed sky was was forming a shield of its own while the breeze was swaying the tree tops in a wild manner. Einar was becoming slightly cautious of these changes. He soon understood that natures fury had something to do with the mood his mate was in right now.

"Stay calm." Einar looked at the sky in trepidation "We can work things out. We will make this better; together."

Up until at this time Einar was surprised to see his warriors sensing the presence of their alpha. In front of his pack he had to control his emotions because Callan was nothing but a fugitive for them. He swallowed hard before uttering the words he regretted "If you wont listen to me than I have to use my power against you."

Callan huffed once.. twice.. and he chuckled. He looked at the alpha with determination and narrowed his eyes "Try me."

Though Einar was not bothered by Callan's words his wolf was enraged by it. The challenge was accepted by the beast and he roared. Einar was trying hard to keep his wolf under check but the growls and the snarls which escaped his mouth were incontrollable. To make things worse he ordered his men to take lead and capture the human so that he could have some time to calm his beast. Little did he know that the consequence would not be as he expected.