The Call

Sun sank lower in the sky, giving way to the velvety dark of the night. Looking above one could see the first star of the night. The shadows of the trees were changing its intensity while the creatures of the night were buzzing their melody as they welcomed the darkness.

The group of people followed a definite path as they headed for their destination home. Einar had shown great restrain up until now. He was adamant to stay away from Callan throughout the day. He never communicated with neither did he glanced at him at the slightest. He conveyed his messages through the beta or any other person. 

He was able to control his physical being but his mind was treacherous.

Even though Einar was sitting in a room filled with people he still felt lonely. The voices he heard through his ears were not reaching his brain. He tried to focus on the meeting but his mind was wandering, thinking about the green eyed man who was standing at a comfortable distance with the luna. 

Einar watched Callan with the corner of his eye but was reluctant to turn his face completely. He was holding himself but barely.

 He was not in favour of tagging in Callan not because he was a human but because he would unintentionally be the centre of attention of the entire group. It was something the handsome man had no control over. People gawked at him with lust for they desired him or either they stared at him with envy. In any case the wolf inside Einar would have only been agitated.

Einar knew that ordering his men to walk all the way was not justified but he was helpless. He was worried for Callan's safety. Moreover the closeness of his luna and his true mate these days was unnerving him. Rosaline's persistent nature to be with his mate was not going too well with Einar. Though he knew that the woman had no ill intentions but still the proximity was unwelcomed.

"How are you holding up?" Einar's thought process was interrupted by Garrick who walked with him side by side.

Einar hummed "So far so good. I don't think the beasts would create any problems."

Garrick looked behind his shoulders and pursed his lips. It is the full moon tomorrow. Have you taken your decoctions?

Einar sighed as he slightly opened the pockets of his trousers. Garrick could see a lid and some part of the transparent bottle I carry it always.

Is Rosaline suspicious about it?

She doesn't know.

Garrick in the next moment closed his link and was pensive for some unknown reason. Einar could feel the tension surging within his best friend as he looked at a disturbed Garrick.

What is it? Just tell me..

Garrick again looked behind his shoulders to make sure no one was suspecting. The rumours have started Einar..

What rumours?

You haven't marked Rosaline with your scent. I heard some men talking about it in the pride.

Einar nodded absentmindedly. In retrospect he always knew that such a moment would arise in the future. For Rosaline to have the scent of the alpha, Einar had to have intercourse with woman. 

When would you consummate the relationship Einar. It has been quite a while for your coronation.. It is not normal in our world.

Though Rosaline being his mate was a fake arrangement, it was a no brainer that both of them had to go through all the rituals which their customs dictated. It meant that Rosaline had to be marked sooner or later. Physiologically and emotionally the pack was a close knitted affair. Before people could start their guessing game Einar had to jump in the action.