The Stone Of Majalvik

"You have done a wonderful job." Einar said with a happy smile when he looked at the sacs which he was supposed to carry to the pack of Idris.

Rosaline bowed in acknowledgement "I guess I did."

Einar scowled for he noticed something unusual. Rosaline was blushing and was hardly making it to have a straight face. Her smiles just slipped through her resilience.

 "You look different." Einar mimicked the smile of the Luna "Happy for some reason."

He resumed his work thereon and started collecting all the essentials he was supposed to carry. On the other hand Rosaline was fidgeting her fingers in nervousness. Her raised heart beat did not go unnoticed by the man as he strangely looked at her "Is something wrong?"

Rosaline awkwardly smiled and shook her head. Her puzzled brain was incapable to form words or speak her mind. Einar folded his hands to his chest and looked at Rosaline with patience "You know you can tell me anything."

The woman briefly nodded and gathered her courage. With a deep sigh she asked "Can I come with you?"

Einar was bewildered on her request "Why do you want to visit that pack? Your memories will pain you even more."

"I just want to have a change of atmosphere."

"Are you not liking the pack?"

"Its is not that... I feel like I stay too much at home. Going out sometimes can be good you know."

"Why don't you ask your guard to do the job? You like his company and he likes to wander."

Einar huffed and smiled at the thought of his mate however the gesture he portrayed was misunderstood by the woman. She thought that Einar was mocking her friend "I don't like you talking this way about Callan. He is a nice person." Her voice was low while she looked serene "His heart is pure gold. He is really lovable."

That was the triggering point for Einar's anger. He wasn't taking it well when Rosaline was all praises for the man he loved. Though she had no ill intention towards the handsome man, Einar's beast saw her as a competition and he growled in warning. Rosaline was startled for a moment "Why are you growling..?" she scowled her eyes to understand Einar better "Is it because I was speaking about Callan?"

"You need to keep your distance from him." Einar gritted his teeth in anger "He is your guard and nothing more. I don't like you mingling with him."

Rosaline was happy to see the reaction Einar had on his face. She could deduce that the man was jealous. What she failed to understand was that the reaction was not 'because' of her but 'for' her. She pursed her lips and controlled her urge to smile "I will keep that in mind."

An awkward silence followed while Einar was trying to pace himself. He breathed deep sighs to gain control and smile again "If you want, you can come with me."

"It is fine. I will wait for you to return. There are matters we need to discuss."

"You are right." Einar nodded. He was ashamed about the fact that Rosaline had been dragged into this chaos for no apparent reason. Since Einar was clear on his stand about Callan. He found it pointless to delay the inevitable. He wanted to discuss matters with his fake mate. He wanted Rosaline to be liberated from the burden of a lifetime.

Einar stared at the woman in front and nodded his head subconsciously. His thoughts were clear. He was going to reveal everything about Callan to Rosaline. He closed the distance and held Rosaline's hand to comfort her "You have been a dear friend of mine and it only seems fair that you know what is going on with my life. There are things that I need to tell you. Things that could break.."