A Task For My Friend

The unpleasant days that followed made Einar into a rotten mess. His dishevelled hair and his puffy eyes contrasted to the soothing atmosphere which he silently watched through the window of his room. He was contempt with the fact that the only heart beating in the entire place was his own. He could see no bodies moving around in the space of his vicinity and he was happy for that. He did not want any company at this time; may be never!

The lush green land and the tall trees that bordered the open ground was a scene to withhold. Einar kept his gaze static when he looked outside the open window. The chirping and murmurs had surprisingly died following the days of his wrath. It seemed as if the birds had also deprived him company like his fellow pack mates. It was already hard and heavy for him. The constant loneliness was making him empty.

His heart wanted joy but his conscience wanted to suffer more.

He took two steps ahead when his desperate ears heard a sound of approaching footsteps. However even before he could make it to the door he was halted abruptly. He grimaced in pain when his eyes landed on the long chains which were affixed to the big metal hooks hinged at the wall all the way to his wrists which were facing the agonising brunt.

The knock on the door alerted him at once as Einar was eager to see who the visitor was. Just as he thought he could have some relief his face became sour as he witnessed his mate standing by the door, waving his hand in acknowledgement. Einar uninterestingly gestured him to go away. The stubborn Elemental huffed in derision and made his way inside. Callan stationed himself on a chair which was parallel to the bed. He narrowed his eyes and kept his gaze stoic at the man in front.

Einar huffed in defeat and shook his head. With piercing pain in his hands and legs laden with the heavy metal, he took measured steps towards the bed. He sat on the bed and without looking at Callan he uttered "You wont leave me even when I am bind by silver."

Callan smirked and shook his head "You have been in seclusion for quite some time now. I just came to see you." he squeezed his brows "Is it so bad?"

"Yes it is." Einar stretched his legs on the bed and rested his back on the adjoining wall "The matter has already escalated beyond my control. I have been stripped of my title and my pack is in a state of vulnerability. There is a lot in my plate Ashton and you showing up every now and then is not helping. I don't want you to burden me anymore." Einar closed his eyes and leaned his head backwards to the wall.

Callan sat where he was. Thinking; contemplating on what to say. The burning compassion in him was corroding his heart for the former alpha. The strong urge to understand and share Einar's feeling was making his heart heavy.

It was the pity, the empathy he felt for the man.

Callan had experienced first hand what it was like to be secluded, what it meant to lose something for which you strive hard. Yet in his difficult of times he had his loved ones with him. They supported him, guided him, brought him out of his misery. A privilege which was bereaved from the former alpha. Einar was looked down upon by the entire pack. He wasn't the hero anymore. Even his own parents were keeping their distance, thinking that he deserved what was happening to him.

However Callan was one of the few people who knew it wasn't entirely Einar's fault. If he had had it his way the entire chaos would have never occurred.

Callan softened his gaze as he whispered "I wont do anything. I promise."

"You don't have to do anything to create trouble."

A pinch of sadness and pain made its way to Callan's features. He anticipated the resentful reply but still it hurt. He could understand that Einar was bitter because he was in pain. However had it not been this situation Einar would've still reacted the same way. Callan even knew for a fact that somehow Einar was blaming him for his troubles.