Vengeance With A Pride

A few days back

The motion of the chiming bells was the only sound that could be heard in the otherwise serene room. Einar kept staring at his locket which had all of a sudden lost all its glow. His demon had never showed after that fateful day. What surprised him though was that his wolf was eerily calm as well. Like the absence of a peculiar someone did not affect the animal at all. How was it possible?

He took a deep sigh and dejectedly lowered his locket from his hand "Is it necessary?"

"Yes it is."

"I am not ready.." Einar slowly turned his head to the left "How can I betray Callan."

Garrick scoffed and sighed in defeat. It had been the same conversation for the past several days. Garrick was sick and tired to argue with his best friend to make him understand that the pack came first. He tried his best to help him forget the green eyed man but he failed every time. It was as if Einar was completely intoxicated by the charms of Callan. It was frustrating for Garrick.

The beta stood from his place and looked at the muscular man with concern. "You have done that already. It is high time Einar."

"My conscience is refusing to do this."

"You have to make things right before going to the kings palace."

A long silence followed and Einar slowly raised his head with hope in his eyes "Will he be there?"

"No he wont." Garrick shook his head in disbelief "Stop talking about him already."

"It has been a month. I haven't seen him." A small water drop rolled through Einar's cheek as he pleaded Garrick "I want to see him. Just a glimpse that's all."

"We have talked about this Einar. We did this for a cause. The probable reason he is not showing himself is because maybe he doesn't want anything to do with you anymore. Maybe its time that both of you moved on with your respective lives."

The words broke the man once again and he returned to his indifferent, vulnerable state. "I feel so empty.."

Garrick felt sympathetic towards the pathetic state of the muscular man. "What have you done to yourself!" 

Einar's once sculpted body had lost its sheen. The warmth of his face was long gone while it was as if he had forgotten to even smile. Einar was a real mess.

"Everyone in the pack is worried for your health. You have already lost a lot of weight. I am done lying to the entire pack! What more reason should I give for you to not step out of your room?"

"I don't want to go. That's final."

Even before Garrick could argue any further, his nostrils were attacked by a familiar scent. He narrowed his eye brows to recall the person and upon realizing who the man was, a small smile formed on his face. A swift knock on the door diverted the friends attention to the door as Garrick stood on his feet and met the stranger with a tight hug.

Both the men exchanged pleasantries and the stranger looked at Einar with delight and an equal surprise. The stranger had strawberry blonde hair while an inferno spewing axe was tattooed on his muscular neck on both the sides. He went ahead and greeted Einar with an embrace.

"Hello Fenwick." Einar said with a weak smile "It has been a long time."

"Hello Einar. You have changed a lot. I almost could not recognize you. Alpha Ragnar told me that you were sick so I came to check on you."

"I am fine." He gestured a hand towards his body "My family just has a habit of making a fuss about nothing."

Fenwick raised a brow "As you say."