XII

"We're facing two powerful demons, two reapers, an unknown race and a Jinoy. If anything, we'd be taking on Queen Orion and her other reaper ally but we need four more to counter against her team. We need to make smart choices because a team full of Reapers isnt exactly smart," Namiko said, pacing around my room.

I pulled on my outfit and breathed in deeply, grabbing my scythe. "We also need people who can work well together, quickly adapt and be ready and prepared for battle. Plus, I havent been out these walls in so long...let's try selecting a person from one of our allies, maybe," I replied, glancing at my tiara. "Would be a chance to use my diplomacy to go to our allies anyways."

I grabbed my cloak and teleported us to the royal stables. "Horse drawn carriage or a ridden animal?" Namiko asked as I looked at the beautiful animals we had there.
"Ridden would be more incognito-C...Cerion! Where's he at?" I replied, looking around.
"Possibly hiding from me...he doesnt like me, ya know," Namiko sighed. I looked down.
"Its gonna take way too long to find him...let's get the best animals and we need to go," I said, wrapping grips on my hands. My eyes wandered onto the eyes of the Mudracer: a lizard like beast, extremely fast and durable compared to most beasts. It's what Cerion is mixed with. I grazed over the beautiful scales of this creature and smiled. "You will do, my friend," I said, gently patting its side. Quick, agile, loyal, brave and smart are it's best features but it is so quick to anger. Kind of like a Reaper!

"You sure you can handle that, Ace? That beast is somewhat dangerous."

I smiled as I hopped on the saddled back of the Mudracer. "Ahaha, I laugh in the face of danger. Plus, this Mudracer and I have already connected our link. Choose your ride, Namiko. You're not riding with me, cousin," I said, stretching and cracking my knuckles.

She smirked, shook her head and hopped on her chosen beast, a female Mudracer.

We rode off through the gates of the Reaper Empire and I looked down. "What races have you had in mind?" I asked quietly. Namiko looked away. "I've been thinking a Satuban is best for the unpredictable enemy that we may have to face. Satubans, as I've witnessed, are unpredictable in battle. You never know what's up their sleeves," she explained.

I nodded. "Smart. We need to go to Satuba then," I told her, crossing my arms. "Northeast of here." I checked the map in the pocket on the saddle. Satuba in the Northeast, Oliuna in the South East, Castalii in the Southwest and Darkione in the Northwest.

"YA!" Namiko said, riding towards Satuba. I looked down. "Namiko, theres this feeling over me, I dont like it. I feel like your in danger and-" Namiko immediately stopped and looked back with eyes filled with hope. "Little Reaper, I'm fine. If not then I'll be okay," she replied, smiling. Suddenly, her eyes widened. She covered her mouth and got off her beast.

"Namiko, what is it?"

She turned away from me and I heard a loud ringing noise that made my ears hurt. "Ah...w-what is that?" Turning around, she had the same mark over her eye like Nuava did. How was she back under her mother's control if she is nowhere nearby? The animals or myself or possibly Namiko wouldve sensed it by now...Unless that wasnt the case. Could Orion's ally be capable of long distanced magic or is it a sensing type of magic?

The fist of Namiko was implanted into the ground as she attempted to hit me. "Namiko! Stop!" I said, dodging the blow and ejecting myself from the beast. There was no use of talking. She stared at me, eyes cold and dead and raced towards me. I didnt want to hurt her. I blocked the hits and jumped back. The abilities I have can kill her and I dont want that.

I dodged her hits, knowing I cant continue doing this forever. I grabbed her face and threw her into the ground. "Namiko, I need you to snap out of it. We got a mission we need to complete," I said, still trying to reach her but it was no use. I stepped back and she grabbed my shirt and threw me into the dirt. I balled up my fists and teleported behind her, hitting her into a nearby boulder.
With great force, she tackled me and pinned me into the ground. I wasnt trying to hurt her, just keep her at bay. She growled and punched, using Binding Light which pulsated through her now corrupted Reaper Mark's.