Chapter Nine

Yakima gulps down some ale too. I hesitate and Ban leans over and looks at me. "Well are you going to sit or not?" He asks. I sigh and place my glass on the floor. "F...Fine," I mumble. I sit down on him and lay on his shoulder. "We need to stop," he whispers, pulling me to his chest.

I wrap my arms around his neck. "Ban," I started to whisper softly, looking at him. His eyes widen as hot tears trailed down my face. Before I say anything, he picks me up and carries me upstairs. I hold tighter. We're both tired but still conscious.

  He peeks down at my bandaged stomach. "What were you trying to say," he asks gently, slightly touching the scar on my lip.

Honestly, I'm in shock right now.

   "Ban, I...I wanted to know if you were over Elaine?" I mumbled. He smiled and his pointy teeth showed. "I think about her ever day," he says seriously. "But you and her act the same. Beautiful eyes, beautiful smile, strong."

He comes over to me and I scoot back. Ban pursues. After a while, Ban is over me, both hands on each side of my head. "Dont move," he mentions softly, coming closer. You could taste the sweet juice on his lips as he pressed his lips against mine.

He smirks. "You should see your face right now," I say. I sit up a bit and he leans back. Ban smiles. "Can't be worst than yours," he replies. I laugh a bit as its cut short by the second kiss. Which happily caught me off suprise.

    30 minutes later, he fell out sleep on my chest. I held him close to me. "I wont lose you too," he mumbles.

   I wake up the next day, lying down. Meliodas stands over Ban and I. Ban is still sleep though. "So this is what you guys were up to," he says smiling. I blush. "Dont tell anyone else please," I reply. He zips his lips. "We're in Liones. Wake Ban up," Meliodas says, walking out and shutting the door.

I rub Ban's back. "Ban," I say softly, kissing the back of his neck. He opens his eyes and glances at me, smiling. "We're in Liones. You guys have to get your award from the King," I tell him. He sits up and stretches. "Alright," he says. I hand him his outfit. "What are you going to wear? You better not wear those bandages." I smile and spin. The clothes I have on change.

A short white shirt with a turquoise wolf symbol on the back, below my stomach are my white pants with my turqouise symbol streaking down the sides of my legs, white boots and my mask in hand. I place my signature white Reaper cape around me.

"Wow," he says in awe. "Its....adorible." I roll my eyes and smirk.

"Get on your clothes. Ill be in the tavern downstairs," I mutter, teleporting downstairs. Everyone stares at me.

"So its you and Ban now?" Yakima asks. I turn to Meliodas, ready to kill him. "You're so dead," I glared. I sighed. "Yeah, we're something."

King, Merlin, Escanor, Meliodas, Hawk, Diane and Elizabeth got in my face and awed me. "You too are so cute together," they say in unison. I sigh.

"We should get on to the ceremony," Meliodas says. He looks back at me. "Little Ace, you're growing up."

I smile and bend down to Meliodas. I thump his forehead. "You're still dead to me kiddo," I say.

He gets up and laughs.

In a couple of hours, we're in the town square and the Sins were being awarded their medals. The King of Liones stood there beside his daughter, Elizabeth as she placed their medals on the Sins.

I looked at every Sin as they were awarded their medals for not being fugitives anymore.

First I looked at Meliodas and he smiled.

Second, Diane, and she glared at me then smirked. I guess we're cool.

Third, I looked at King and he nodded at me. So we're cool too.

Fourth, Ban. We met eyes for second, blew a small kiss and then he pointed to the medal. As the King of Liones turned around, he bit it to make sure it was real. I laughed and caught his kiss.

Fifth, I looked at Merlin. She looks so familiar with her devious smile. Merlin crosses her arms and tilts her hips to the side.

Sixth, I took a quick glance at Escanor. E...Escanor wasnt a slender man anymore but a very bulky, muscular man posing for a couple of maidens as the medal was placed on his chest. Girls drooled over the timid man underneath.

Last, the doll, Gowther was sitting on a pedastol as the King awarded him the medal.

I took off my hood as several people approached all the Sins. Yakima was by my side as girls approached Ban too. I felt myself growl and Yakima stood in front of me. "Oh, your jealous," he says.

I stomp on him a bit. "Nah," I replied.

After the ceremony, we all regrouped at the Boar Hat.

"Hey um Ace," Ban started as I sat down on the stairs. "Tomorrow, I'm leaving for the Fairy Kings Forest tomorrow morning. I need to give back to the forest. King is going with me." I smiled at him and nodded.

He rubs the back of his head and then looks at me. "Close your eyes," he says softly. I smirk and close my eyes.

Something cold and metallic went around my neck. My hair was picked up and placed around my neck. Then the warmth of his hands left, leaving my body cold.

"Open."

   Ban was staring at my eyes and I looked at the tiny crystal around ny neck. "If you need me, you can tap this necklace and appear with me, then disappear when you need to come back. Merlin gave it to me. But beautiful jewelry belongs on a beautiful creature."

I smiled and touched the crystal gently.

"Thank you," I say, holding his head close to me. I realized how he cried like this in this exact position. Over Elaine. I kissed his forehead.