Chapter Four

*Before Nova arrived into the Earth Realm*

Nova's POV

       "Nature Attun Cadet Nova," my king, the Grim Reaper says, taking off his rings. "You will spy on the Kurina Lucreta. If you see my wife, report on how she's doing." My left hand, balled up, hit the right side of my chest. (Revived Corrupted) "Yes sire," I replied. "You will also be accompanied by Gai, Izumi, and Zai. You will form The Taboo," he added.

    I nodded as they all approached behind me. "Sir," we all said together. "Your mission starts now," Grim said. "Begin!" He stood up and we all disappeared into the beginning of the Rai Forest. We quickly placed on our Reaper masks and as we races through the thick woods, our weapons appeared: Gai's gigantic sword sparkled on his back, along with Izumi's bow and Zai's twin pistols. I gripped my twin daggers as we sprinted through the woods, bouncing on the branches, barely shaking off any leaves.

  As we arrived at the Kurina Lucreta base, the enormous castle, Garsona was incredible. We even paused at the magnificent sight. "He allowed us to cut down anyone in our path or any that have discovered us," Izumi reminded. We all nodded and went into pure stealth mode. I turned completely invisible. Izumi, Gai, and Zai couldn't do this but they were extremely quiet.

   We separated into groups of two. Zai and Gai together and of course, Izumi and I. I had a feeling it would be like this since Izumi and I are engaged. I rolled my eyes.

Zai, Gai, you two, discover their plans and find out what they're doing, Izumi spoke through our minds.

Nova and I will find out how the queen is doing.

We were so close to each other and suddenly, Izumi turned to me. "Your mask, still looks beautiful, just like the 3,000 year old woman underneath it," he said, messing with me. I snarled and then smiled a bit.

"Stop, we're in a mission," I muttered, smiling a bit.

As we inched closer to the queens chamber, you could hear her. I closed my eyes and suddenly, I felt  something pull me down onto the ground, taking Izumi with me. I felt myself being tied. "Wow, I cant believe I found you guys. Two of you," said a voice. Izumi struggled and you could hear the twins screams (Zai and Gai).

Grim, Grim,  we're down. We're captured!

Izumi tried to warn him but it was no use. Our opponent shut off our only ways to eacape or call for help. The person was the Queen's advisor, Namiko.

Namiko was cunning and sneaky. But honestly, she was a powerful Reaper. As my mentor, I adored her and looked up to her. I didnt think she would betray us though. I struggled as her and her clones pulled the twins, Izumi and I to the queens chambers.

I struggled and struggled but it was no use. Soon, we were placed on these beds, stripped of our weapons and armors. We were tied down, then placed in a pool of grey liquid.

"May the corruption begin!" Namiko yelled, in a voice that wasn't hers. Her followers dropped us all in there. All I remember was that we couldnt breathe and couldnt move on our own as if being controlled.

Then, my mind was taken over. I couldnt function physically or mentally enough to tell ny body to do what I needed it to do. I saw and remember everything.

Izumi, Zai, Gai and I were corrupted. Some more than others. Forced to do the enemy's bidding. They wanted us to hunt down Ace. I doubt that the queen would have wanted to harm her daughter. Unless, someone was controlling her...

But she's a Valkarye Reaper...one of the rare and most powerful women in all the races. She would've put up an extremely tough fight.
The Queen isn't corrupted, no sighs show that. She could be undergoing mind control. It couldn't be Namiko...someone different from them. I have no idea though...