Chapter Seven

Nova and I entered the dark cave and her shirt turned into a large linen set of vines wrapped around her chest. I pulled at the bandages I placed around my hands like gloves. She glanced at me. "Well since we're here all alone," she started. "Do you like anyone?"

I smirked. "Whats your definition of like?" I replied, grinning. She punched ny arm playfully. "You know what I mean. But seriously though. Do you?" I felt myself blush a bit. "I dont know. Ban seems to like me though," I say softly. Nova gasps. "You dont know, do you?"

I shake my head. "Long story short, Elaine and Ban were in love long ago. Before Ban drank from the tree, the forest was attacked by a bum demon. They were both hurt and instead of Elaine drinking from the fountain, she gave it to Ban to drink," she said.

"Is he not over her?" I asked as the ground shook. Nova's eyes widened at the sight. It was her corrupted pet, Java, coming through the ground. Originally, Java was a cross breed of a saber tooth tiger, a large dog and a bird but bigger. Java's wings were made of light but now Java is dark.

Now Java's eyes are blood red and there was smoke coming from his nostrils. This time, he was much bigger. Maybe the size of the tavern. Instead of Nova's reaper marks to represent their bond, his body was streaked with a coat of black. He had swirling red marks.

"Java..." Nova said, quietly and in shock. He raised his paw and attempted to stomp us down but we dodged it, both of us on opposite sides. Java turned to me. "STAY AWAY FROM HER! SHE IS MINE AND MINE ONLY!" Java roared. I took a step back.

It charged at me. Nova stood behind him and wrapped the vines around Java's tail. She pulled him back. "Nova! Why don't you let me kill her?" Java questioned. "Because she's my friend," Nova replied blankly.

That response issued a growl from Java. "You told me that too," he said, charging towards Nova. I sighed and froze the water coming from my hands to make him slip. Java collapsed into the wall.

"Lets fight together," she said. I smiled.

"QUEEN OF THE DECK!" we exclaimed together. That was the name that we used to activate our bondage. We fist bumped and our marks lightened on the sane pattern, shifting to a turquoise color. We seperated again as his paw came to crush us down. In our bondage like now, I was the muscle and her the attack specialist. Best plan maker I know.

"Follow my lead and make him stay in one place," I say, sprinting through his legs. Nova nodded. I whirled around on the ice coming from my hands. Nova used tree roots to keep Java to the ground. "Once and for all," she adds. I step in front of her and she grows a tree underneath my feet. One of giant branches break off and I create a giant ice block and the branch wraps itself around the block, making a huge hammer. I jump up, midair and grip the huge weapon. Java looks up and opens his mouth, a blast like Nova's gets powered up and shoots.

I bring down the hammer and it blocks the attack, slowly bringing myself down. I give a warcry as the hammer collapses on Java's head. He shatters. Literally, crumbling into pieces of rock and molten lava pieces. I freeze the pieces and Nova places a solid barrier of rock around it.

We fist bumped and our bond disappears, giving us back our Reaper Marks.

Bonds like ours make each other stronger, offensively, defensively and in healing ourselves.

Our fight wasnt over though...

Java re-emerged and roared, seeming even angrier. "I WILL NEVER STOP PROTECTING NOVA!" it says. "Enough," Nova finally interrupts. "I cant stand to watch you corrupted like this," she adds, walking in front of him. "Nova, he's dangerous right now. Be careful," I mutter to her.

Java races towards me but Nova continues advancing slowly. I ready myself but as Java comes to her, she extends her arm. He pauses, slighty taken back. Java's eyes widen as she places her hand on his nose.

"Java," she starts. "You will always be my bestfriend."

Ok ouch. That kinda hurt.

"Ace is my bestfriend too. If you know you're ny bestfriend, I dont understand why your jealous." Nova hugs him. "You are brave and we will forever have a bond only between you and I."

Nova kisses his forehead and he slowly disappears into bright white feathers. She smiles and looks back at me.

Nova turns to me. "Ready when you are," she announces. This is the part where we fight.

I smirk. "I wanted you to get all of that softness off before I beat you," I replied. She laughed and got ready. "When did you think you could possibly beat me?" I got into my stance too and said "Ever since you agreed to step in the cave with me."

Then we started. We races towards each other and started punching. The ground underneath us cracked and broke under our feet. Out of nowhere we both punched each other and flew bacl, hitting the opposite sides of the cave walls.

I was utterly impressed. Strength wise, I'm stronger than Nova by like 10 freaking billion. But now, maybe we're matched up.

I took in a breath of air and fire blew out. Nova simply blew out wind, followed by leaves. I took this advantage and flew through the fire and wind combination and punched her.

Nova wiped the blood from her lip. "Hmph," she muttered. I flew towards her and punched her, legs still in the air, she blocked. Little did she know, I already had a couple of clones for my next attack.

I wasnt even the real one punching her. But she didnt know that.

The fake me continued to punch until she grabbed it and threw her into the ground. My four clones finally attacked. "Achilles Barage," they exclaimed. The one on top blew out fire. The one on the left froze her and the one on the right electrocuted her. The fourth clone that had gotten hit had kept her held to the ground with its stone abilities.

Now its my turn.