IX

My eyes widened.

"Meliodas! Its Melascula's trap!"

But, it was too late, Meliodas already struck the fake Zeldris the got caught in her web: a dark cocoon, Melasculas specialty.

"Captain!" Ban and I screamed, trying to get to him, but it was too late. The Sins and I raced to the town center because that's where Gowther felt Meliodas' magical power.  As soon as we got there, we all stared as bones, thousands of them, covered the brown earth.

"What the-" I started, eyes widened at the sight. "This is overkill," I mumbled, looking around. Merlin sighed. "All of residents...perished."

Suddenly, the bones of the corpses moved and Escanor and Hawk shrieked. Melascula was using her ability to make them move. I watched as one punched Ban but it unfazed him. "Did she really think, a bunch of bones would stop the Seven Deadly Sins?" He went into a fighting frenzy. I shook my head and unclipped my scythe. I jumped into them, spinning and creating a spiral attack with my scythe, piercing each of them and they fell. Merlin, Ban, King, Diane and I fought through them with much ease. But I suddenly felt Meliodas' anger rise in his magical power.

Those fallen skeletons rose again, with magical power encircling their bodies. My eyes widened. "Merlin, are they using Meliodas' power to charge these guys up?"

She nodded. "That's what it seems. Their offense and defense became stronger, plus their resistance to magic grew." One punched Ban and sent him flying.

"Fine," I said, twisting around my scythe. "I'll take care of this. Everyone stand back."

Everyone flew, hovered or stepped back as I breathed in deeply. I smirked, twisting around my scythe. "Resistant to magic, hm? Fine by me!"
I raced towards them, dodging their attacks and kicked one hard, sending it crashing into its fellow undead warriors. I bashed heads in with my foot and scythe and hands as I mercilessly annihilated them all. I flipped back and jumped in the air, balled up my fist and punched the ground hard, causing them to collapse again. Suddenly, one grabbed my neck from behind and my eyes widened as it threw me into a nearby building. They were growing stronger by the second.

I stood up and punched harder than ever, sending it crashing backwards. My eyes widened as I raced to Bans aid.

"BAN!"

I rushed to him and stretched out my arm. "Calamity: Crossfire!" Orbs of darkness and fire emerged as I protected him. I helped him up as I fought the others off.

We all smirked at the last and final skeleton who was incredibly outmatched.

Suddenly, it grew terrifyingly huge and it was filled with dark power. "Intimidating but, my money is on the Captain," Merlin said as the huge beast crashed down, breaking down.

"Listen! Keep your minds in check or it will posses your soul!" Merlin said, loudly. The darkness of the souls from around us rose as I immediately grabbed Bans hand. He stared at me then blushed a bit.  "Scared?" I growled then tried to snatch my hand away. "No! I'm not scared," I said, looking away. Suddenly, Diane's purple eyes were black and there were red irises, blood leaking from them.

"Hey guys, is it alright, if I kill you?"

I smirked.  "Cant kill something that's already dead!" I replied. Ban and I erupted with laughter. "You've been saving up that one huh?"

King glared at us. "This is a serious problem!"

I grabbed Ban and dodged Diane's attack. My eyes widened as Diane kicked King to a nearby building. "KING!" I screeched. Escanor was beginning to throw hands with Diane as Gowther stopped him, and began to use his magical power to stop Diane.