Chapter Sixteen

I jumped in front of Ban and the arrow pierced me, straight through my back. Despite being immortal that hurt. Blood spilled from my mouth. "Ban...are you... okay?"

He stood there shaking.

I smirked a little."You...should see your...face right now," I said, falling over. My skin turned pale as I crashed against the ground. I threw Ban a piece of the goddess ember. "Shove...in his head," I mumble, closing my eyes.

I couldn't tell if Ban accomplished his task. Was I dying? Or was I going to die? I found myself surrounded by clear water. I was laying on it. The sky was bright blue with clouds. Is this my conscious? I stood up and looked around.

"Hello little one," says a voice. Her voice...

Turning around, I saw my mother in her Valkyre form. But she looked more like a queen. She was tall. A bit shorter than Estarossa. Her small golden crown sparkled and her long purple hair was flowing behind her as she walked towards me. She wore a white dress and there were white roses on them.

She cupped my face. "Look how you've grown, Ace," she exclaimed happily. I was stunned. "M...Mom," I cried. She hugged me and I slowly placed my arms around her.

"How are you here? Aren't you dead or corrupted?"

She tilted her head. "Corrupted right now, yes. It is Namiko's doing. I cant really control my body."

"Well after I help the sins, I'll ask them to come to the Reaper Realm for help," I reply. She smiles. "But you still have to free Izumi right?"

I nod.

"I dont know where I am right now," I started, " or if I'm dead or not."

"Well, I dont think your dead if your in your conscious. Maybe just in a paralyzed state," Mom explained, "I may be able to help you find your way, love."

"It'll take a while to get to the escape so we'll talk and catch up."

   I nodded and smiled. I told her about Ban, Yakima and my bond, the fight between Me, Nova and King, and even about how my powers are growing. And of course, she came with her feedback. Yards away from us stood a stone arch.

   We stopped and turned to each other

   We stopped and turned to each other. "You will stop Namiko and the Ten Commandments. I know you can do it, Ace," she says, smiling. She takes off her small tiara and places it on my head. "It fits you perfectly."

"Will I ever see you again?"

Her eyes widened. "I dont know. Maybe, maybe not," she replied, still smiling.

I looked down and she ran to me and hugged me tightly. "My little Lucky Card Ace," she said, squeezing me.

I stood there and rested my head on her shoulder

I stood there and rested my head on her shoulder. She suddenly turned into white roses and swirled away in the wind. "I believe in you," it whispered.

I wiped off my tear and raced through the arch.

I breathed a little. "Ban," I muttered, sitting up slowly. An uncorrupted Izumi was leaning over me. "IZUMI!" I squeezed him tightly. "She's awake guys," he said. I looked around and I was on the bed surrounded by flowers. Specifically roses. Red and white.

"Isn't that Queen Marigold's crown?"

   I touched my head and her crown was there. I looked down and my clothes changed. The crown was now white and my cloak was white. My shirt and my pants were too along with my boots, topped with white roses.

My Reaper Marks glowed blue.

Ban, Meliodas, Diane, Jericho, Elizabeth, King, Merlin, Hawk, Escanor and Gowther raced towards me. "Ace, now that your awake, this is King Arthur of Camelot," Merlin introduced. He was a boy around 16 with orange hair. He wore  golden armor and had a little red and white cat on his head.

   "Nice to meet you, your highness," I bowed. He smiled. "The pleasure is all mine," he replied. Arthur took both of my hands and kissed them. Ban glared as I took my hands away. In my pocket, I found white gloves and put them on.

"You look like your going to be married," Elizabeth exclaimed, hugging me. "YOU'RE GOING TO CUT OFF MY BLOOD CIRCULATION," I screamed, as she squeezed me.

*Hours later*

   We arrived in Liones and the beautiful night sky twinkled with stars. Ban stood beside me as we stared at the stars outside sitting on Hawk's gigantic green mother.

"Izumi said he's leaving tomorrow," Ban said as I laid on his chest. I didnt say anything. He started playing with my hair. "I was worried you know," he mumbled softly. I looked at him. "I was worried about you," I said, and I couldnt tell if I was dead or not. His arrow can kill anything," I replied. Ban smiled. "Well not me of course," he said. I rolled my eyes. "It can. Thats why I jumped in front of you because I knew it could kill you," I told him. "I'm okay with dying," he said. I looked away. Oh right, Elaine...

I closed my eyes. The Ten Commandments will strike tomorrow... and its good to have you back, kid.

I smiled as Ban shifted his arm around me. Yakima teleported to me and laid on me. I'll need to prepare then... ecspecially for Zeldris and Estarossa.