Chapter 12

Gai continued trying to hit me but I kept dodging.

And I couldnt do this forever.

Suddenly, Gai smirked evily. "Im done playing with you," he yelled. His aura was overwhelming and visible. It was almost like Meliodas's when we first met. One side of his body transformed into dark demon aura. It had a large purple black arm surrounding it. He let out a bloodcurling scream.

"His power level is a 2,500," Hawk exclaimed. Suddenly, a punch from behind made me spit up blood.

Kid, please use it. Im begging you! You'll have yo learn it sooner or later and right now is a perfect time.

I flew from the punch and held my arm. "Im losing? How much demon blood was implanted in him," I mummbled. Something was making me weaker than ever. Right now my vision was getting blurier.

"What's wrong with me," I mumbled, my body hitting the ground hard.

Gai's laugh fills my ears and Merlin stands in front of Yakima, protecting him. They were scared. Terrified. I glanced at Yakima and he was fearing for his life, like a child.

I never want to see him like that, despite him being a demon. "ACE!" Yakima screamed, sprinting towards me. Gai smirked and kicked him away, causing him to fly. I couldn't protect them. I slammed my fist into the ground and it cracked.

I dont want to feel helpless. Ecspecially if my friends lives are on the line.

That same rage I felt fighting King emerged. But it felt more intense.

"No! Noo! NO," I repeated and screamed like a mad woman. The pain I was getting was killing me from the inside. It felt as if it was burning me.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!"

I stood up and stared him in the face. My eyes glowed red. That rage was building up, increasing fast too. Even old memories started coming back.

*Flashback (3,500 Years Ago)*

I happily smiled and ran as fast as my little legs could carry me. I was around 125 years old and I still looked like a child. In human years, I looked 7. I ran through the throne room and the beautiful Reaper Realm's moon shone brightly, reflecting on my baby Reaper marks.

Suddenly, the windows broke and then I found myself pinned on the ground by my captors. I had to have someone save me. Because I felt helpless. My father almost died because I was helpless. Never again.

*Flashback Fades*

I see Gai's face and he looks frightened. After a minutes he fixes his face. I calm myself down. Instead of you forcing your power to control me, lets work together.

Yakima nods. Do you know how to use my power?

"I'll figure it out," I muttered. Yakima teleported to my shoulder. "Do it like how you and Nova fused but do it as one body," he explained. Yakima turned into a human form and we stood back to back.

"FIGHT ME," Gai screams, getting impatient and angry. I hear him racing towards me.

Inside me, I felt a bond like Nova's and mine. But this one felt stronger (think of it how Ruby and Sapphire fused into Garnet) Yakima's red burgandy aura mixed with my Reaper blue aura, causing our aura to be light purple.

Even our appearance changed.

I was the same height but my hair was black with streaks of red. My sythe got bigger and my clothes even changed. I had a red and black shredded cape and I wore a black outfit. I stomped my boots and roses formed on them along with a red rose symbol on my back.

"WE ARE ONE! RUBY ROSE," Yakima and I exclaimed. My reaper marks pulsed red as we caught Gai's face and placed my sythe on my back.

This energy...our energy in sync felt amazing. We slammed him into the ground. We were now Ruby Rose. Yakima and I. And this was our power. Rose's hands were embalmed in red aura as we picked Gai up by his head. Obviously, he was knocked out.

"RELEASE HIM," Rose yelled.

The dark aura in him came from out his mouth and his scratches disappeared along with the obvious pain he endured with out fight. His clothes changed back into his Taboo outfit and his hair was back grey. He opened his eyes and they were like Zai's. His red hair shone brightly as he was dropped onto the ground.

Gai tilted his head. He was back to normal. "So who are you?"

Ruby Rose's eyes widened and Yakima and I seperated.

"Oh, makes sense," Gai said, racing towards me. "Thank the Goddesses I didn't kill you."

"You couldn't kill me if you tried," I replied, getting cocky. Gai smiled. "The best thing I can do right now is go to the Reaper Realm." I nodded. "Nova's there too. By the way do you know where Izumi is?"

He shook his head. We fist bumped. My team: myself/Yakima, Nova, Izumi, Gai and Zai have an unspeakable bond.

"Time to go," he says happily. "Merlin can you teleport him to the Reaper pool," I question. She comes out of hiding. "Of course," she says shaking a little. I hug Gai and he turns into little sparkles teleporting to the pool.

Yakima scratched his head as he turned back into his demonic form.

Suddenly something bangs hardly against the Tavern door. Merlin, Yakima and I stare as the door. We get ready to fight whoever opens it.

"What was all that noise?" Yawns a sleepy Meliodas.