Chapter Ten

*Early Next Morning*

"Ace, this is Jericho. She'll be accompanying me on the trip for extra support," Ban says. I look at Jericho and she glares me down. I hold out my hand and we slap our hands together.

"Good grip kid," I say, smirking.

"Same to you, old woman," she snaps back. I laugh and squeeze her hand.

"You wouldn't be calling me that if you knew what this 'old woman' could do to a punk like you," I whisper. Tension slowly rises.

Ban looks at us and sighs.
"Jericho wait outside," he finally says and looks at me.

He cups my face and kisses me. As we pull away, I notice he has the same necklace around his neck too. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Don't do anything stupid," I start. He smirks. "And please come back."

Ban's smirk releases into a genuine smile. "Ace, I will."

We hugged for a while and he placed his hand on my hair, smoothing it down. Finally, he kisses my hand and walks out. My eyes widened as I saw Jericho glancing through the glass. Don't tell me she watched us...

I watched King, Ban, and Jericho walk off into the woods.

I yawned, stretched, then went back upstairs. Merlin, in her ghost like state smiled at me. "Ready to train kid," she asked.

I nodded. I placed on the same clothes I had on at the ceremony. I placed my mask on and sighed. We teleported outside.

"Perfect Cube," she said. A cube suddenly surrounded me. "Okay Ace, this cube is designed to test agility and being able to dodge attacks," Merlin told me.

I nodded. The cubes insides had sticks and points poking out the sides. One sticks in front of my face and I dodge. I flip around and continuously dodge and flip and jump and squeeze through multiple points. Some on the floor, ceiling and all sides.

I sigh and then land on my hands. All of those spikes disappear.

"Now you have to break the cube in half. Since you Reapers are quite strong. Impress me," she says. Suddenly, someone teleports inside of the Cube with me.

My eyes widened. That person was as corrupted as Nova. I squinted my eyes. "Zai," I said, biting my lip. He had grey skin like Nova but one side of his body glowed blue and the other glowed red. Same for his eyes. The cracks in his body let out blue and red sparks.

The Taboo Team of Reapers were all corrupted. I helped Nova but now, Zai, Gai and Izumi are still corrupted. They never come together though which is odd to me.

Merlin stood there. "Do you need my assistance?"

I shook my head. "I'll break the cube once he's out of this state," I reply. Zai blows straight purple fire at me. I grunt and dodge the attack. I land on the side of the cube and suddenly my feet were frozen to the ground.

Ugh, I forgot he was a two toned Reaper. Him and Gai...Remember Izumi is a three toned.

I try to break free of the ice but its no use. Zai walks to ne and grabs my throat. He teleports me into a wall, slamming me continuously then freezing my head. "Too easy," he says. "You can't beat me without your little demon, can you?"

I growl and my rage builds up. My rage burns through his thick ice and extend my arms and grab his wrist. I squeeze until he lets me go. He hops back, blood oozing from the wound, dripping on the cube floor. My rage was so intense, it burnt the ice. Zai smiled. "No more games, I see," he starts. I grab his face and slam him continuously in the wall.

Merlins eyes widened. "Stop. Ace, remember he's your friend," she screamed. I didnt listen because I didnt care. Despite him being corrupted, he should know not to mess with me.

I throw him on the ground and stomp. "Six feet under!" I exclaim, stomping him out of the cube, forcefully breaking it.

His body falls through the hole and the cube disappears. I hop in front of him and pick him up by his neck. I pull him close to my face. "Zai, dont you ever call me weak. Dont ever say I'm not capable of fending for myself," I scream.

Zai laughs. "You should see the look on your face!" He says, his corruption fading. Zai's body turns back into the same guard outfit as Nova but he looked much different.

His hair was its regular red hair with streaks of light red, braided. One of his eyes were dark blue and the other was dark red. Both of his reaper marks went through his eyes. I pulled him close to me and hugged him. Thats two. Two more left.

He lets me go and smirks. "Are we in Earth Realm?"

I smile and nod. "Where's Meliodas?" I sigh.

"Inside sleep. Its early in the morning," I reply. He runs his hand through his hair. "Nova is back in the Reaper Realm," I add.

He smiles. "What about my brother and Izumi? Are they still corrupted?"

I nod.

He grunts and says "Those two are worst. Izumi and Gai were given horrible amounts of demon blood and its in their system." Our hands collapse together. "Thanks for the warning. I'm getting stronger anyways," I smile. He laughs. "Yeah, Im still sure they'll still beat you easily though," he replies. I smile and throw him into the Reaper Pool. "Hmph, we'll see," I say.

Merlin sits there and waits with Yakima beside her. "You are indeed getting stronger. But I need to fix up your seal," she says. My eyes widened.

How does she know of our seal?