Why'd You Go? ✨ Steve Rogers x Stark!Reader✅ - 11 Apr 2021

the others find out that he found you but not how or why and so they all follow without him knowing and Steve is hurt when he finds out but you two end up together you were just scared (40)

It scared you.

The two lines on the pregnancy test, the ones that changed your whole life.

You knew that you would keep it—the baby was a part of you, and you would be excited for mothering, if you weren't so scared.

First, you don't know how to tell Steve. You and he have been on-and-off with dating, leading to lots of nights with ice cream and tears on your part. Second, you're a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and Avenger: that affects your decisions as a mother. Your Aunt Peggy made it work, with her and her husband, Daniel's, kids—but she also didn't have field missions.

Thankfully, you could easily just go back to S.H.I.E.L.D. and leave the Avengers. Like Barton and Romanoff, you had been recruited from the agency. So problem one was solved.

As for problem two, you called Coulson—as a level seven agent, you're the only Avenger to know he's alive. You explained the situation professionally, and asked him to transfer back to S.H.I.E.L.D.—and preferably out of the region or even country.

"Well, we're opening another branch in Europe, in France, and we need someone to run it. You were actually considered, but your position led to disagreement, so we were trying to figure out someone else. Is that good?" He answered in regards to your little speech.

"Perfect." The prospect was good, excited you, even.

"Okay. I'll send you the details."

"Thanks. Can you keep it from the team, though? Have Maria tell them I have a new assignment, make me a ghost?"

"Absolutely." He paused. "You'll be heading out tomorrow. Oh, and you'll have to do a lot of travel—that's the European Headquarters, so you'll have to go to the S.H.I.E.L.D. bases in other countries, especially in Spain. You still good with it?"

"Oui, mon ami," you agree teasingly. "Or si, mi amigo, whichever one."

Coulson chuckles politely. "See you tomorrow."

"See you."

You hang up, and take in a breath. This is really happening.

First, you stop by and visit your older half-brother, Tony, in his lab. You stand in the doorway, arms crossed as you watch him work, waiting until he stops and notices you.

When he does look up and sees you, he immediately stops and turns to face you. "So, what brings the illustrious Y/n Y/l/n to me?"

You and Tony have the same father, but your mother was one of Howard's mistresses. As a result, you were a Stark by blood but when born, had your mother's last name.

"I've gotten a mission, I'll be gone for a while," you tell him by way of explanation. You weren't lying to him per se, just omitting a lot.

He cocks an eyebrow. "Is anyone going with you?" You shake your head no. "And you didn't request this by any chance?"

You sigh in defeat, giving him pleading eyes. "Please don't tell anyone that that's why I'm gone, Tones?"

He nods. "Your secret's fine with me. Cross my," he pauses for a second, contemplating, "cross my arc reactor and hope to die."

You let out a small laugh at his quip, but quickly become serious again. You hug your brother, leaning into his chest. "I can't do it anymore. The on and off with Steve. And I don't know how else to move on other than distancing myself."