It's Me ✨ Clint Barton

Imagine: Parody of Divergent's "It's Me" scene where Tris and Four have to fight—but what if, instead of Tris and Tobias, Y/n and Clint are the ones fighting? And it ends... differently? (Also the scene is kinda different with dialogue bc I had to make it longer, sorry)

————

You finally, finally get to the base. Your boyfriend, your soulmate, the love of your life, had been missing for almost eleven months now--almost a year. It had taken you this long to find him, but now that you had, you were ready to kill anyone and everyone in the way of taking Clint home.

So, you, Steve, Nat, Bucky, and Scott manage to break in. You get by, with Scott staying at the entrance fighting people while you other three slip by, Bucky getting knocked unconscious at some point, and Steve and Nat holding off enough guards for you to find Clint.

And you do—just not in the way you thought you would.

You see him lying on a bed, unconscious. Gently shaking him, you try and wake him up. "Clint, baby, we have to go."

"I'm sorry, but that might not be possible." You turn to see Grant Ward, basically your sworn enemy, walking up behind you with guards flanking him.

"What did you do to him?" You demand through gritted teeth, seething.

He smiles—a cold, calculating smile. "You'll find out."

He waves his hand and a scientist moves to the right as Grant walks towards you. You try to follow the scientist while giving the illusion you're watching Ward, but the scientist has moved out of your line of vision.

"Don't get me wrong," Evil Faceless Government Toolbag begins (comment if you get the reference lol), "There's a certain beauty in your resistance. Your defiance of the New World Order. But it's a beauty we can't afford. H.Y.D.R.A. is what is left in this corrupted world, what will save it. What will save it's people from the likes of you, Bobbi, and Coulson.

"This is the future. Might as well accept it, Agent Y/l/n—you can join or die. Last chance."

You glare at him, moving slightly so that you are now able to see Clint standing upright by the hospital bed. "In your dreams, Ward."

He grins maliciously, moving to stand behind you, Clint, and the scientist. You turn, rotating 90°. You notice that the scientist has a holopad, with what looks like a brain on it. The fuck?

Grant nods to the scientist, who begins doing things with the holopad. While they are doing that, you move to Clint quickly, placing your hands on his cheeks and searching his eyes for any recognition. As you speak, you move your hands to being wrapped around his neck.

"Clint, it's me. It's me. Ple-"

Clint cuts you off, punching you in the stomach and moving you backwards with the force of it. He plows forward, pushing you into wall behind you and moving his hand to choke you.

You gasp as he does so, hitting the arm holding you up repeatedly. He pulls you forward and slams you into the wall. When he moves to do that again, you are prepared and grab his neck again when he pulls you, kneeing him in the stomach and using the force to propel you upwards. You wrap your legs around his neck and move into a flip, rolling and quickly recovering while he is momentarily disoriented. You run forward but he grabs your jacket, pulling you back and spinning you. When your boyfriend lets go, you are sent flying into a cart of medical syringes and supplies.

He matches forward coldly, mechanically, as you get up, panting. He's barely even broken into a sweat.

Clint swings, but you dodge a couple times before partying and catching his arm. You move under the other one and behind him, grabbing behind his neck and almost fully headlocking him. He struggles to get out of your grip as you yell, "Clint! It's me!"