🍩Eternally Yours ✨ Thor - 8 Mar 21

A/n: so this story actually is just me writing down a weird-ass dream I had. Like it was so vivid. Honestly confused as to it, because I've never been interested in Thor, but here we are. So yeah, enjoy lol 😂

Also I'm catching up on drafts, then I'll be able to get to the requests I've gotten!

Soulmark AU
He returns to Asgard, having been on earth throughout their elopement, with banquets thrown in his honor and him moving through as a shell because his soulmate is dead and no one there even knew she existed. (99)

—————

Thor is laying on the ground as you reach him, taking shuddering breaths. You gently lift him into your arms, helping him sit up despite his heaviness.

"Th-Thor," you choke out through the sobs. His eyes are filled with pain as he sees your distressed state, knowing that it is he who caused it.

"My love," he manages to say weakly.

You nod, knowing what he wants to say. "You did it, Thor. You killed all of the aliens and everyone's safe now." You smooth back a tendril of hair that has fallen on his face.

As you hold him, you come up with an idea. Gently laying your husband back on the ground, you lift his arm in order to view his wrist.

His soulmark, the mark on his wrist that looks like a tattoo, matches yours—meaning that you and he are soulmates. You pull up your sleeve to reveal your own mark, in the same place.

Cradling his arm, you move yours so that your marks touch. An old wives tale (that you suspected had at least some grain of truth) said that when touching, energy can flow through your marks. This energy can cause people to share wounds, breath, etc. It can bring someone back to life. In fatal cases, it can change who dies if someone takes on too much of the pain, although usually if in such a situation the spouse will take half of their significant other's wounds and share them. This is called the "eternal bond" and, if it happens, finalizes your soulmate bond and intertwined your souls fully. Basically, energy, wounds, life and death—it's all transferred or shared between the souls.

You decide to take half of his wounds, enough that he won't die and both of you can still move. You take a deep, shuddering breath as light glows around your marks, threads of gold spreading between you and Thor. Pain spreads through your body as your husband begins to breath easier and sit up. Some of his wounds close slowly, forming scars, as matching ones open on you. He watches you in horror and tries to move away, only to be stopped by the bonds.

Unfortunately, when you try and pull away, it doesn't stop. You begin to gasp for breath before falling backwards, the stream of light between you breaking as you collapse beside Thor. "No." His voice breaks. "No, no, no!"

But it's too late. You're already dead, and he can do nothing to save you. There's no resurrection, no way to bring you back. Despite his few wounds that are left, mere scratches for an Asgardian, he sits up and turns so that he can look at you as tears run down his cheeks. His head drops and he takes your now-lifeless, cold hand in his own, enveloping it with both of his warm, calloused ones as he sobs, Mjolnir discarded and forgotten as he mourns the loss of his wife and soulmate. His mortal wife, who traded her life to save his own.

— - —