Pillow Fort ✨Bucky Barnes

"You mean to tell me you've NEVER built a pillow fort?" Your boyfriend stares at you in disbelief, mouth agape.

"So?" You shrug in response. "What's the big deal?"

"Come on, (y/n)," he groans. You ignore him, going back to your book. In return, Bucky picks you up, slinging you over his shoulder as he walks to the living room. You protest, hitting his back and shoulder futilely.

"Hey!" You yell as he dumps you unceremoniously onto the couch. You fake glare up at him with a pout as he leans over and starts tickling you.

"S-stop!" You scream as you laugh, stitches in your side as you gasp for air. He lets up and you punch him in the arm. "What was that for?" You whine.

Bucky just grins, a twinkle in his eye. He leaves you there, book-less, but soon returns with a load of pillows and blankets.

"What are you doing?" You ask curiously as you sit up to watch him. Soon, he has constructed a pillow fort.

He crawls in, turning to look at you quizzically. "You coming?"

You get up with a sigh and follow your boyfriend. "If anyone ever sees this..." you grumble, glad that only the two of you and Vision had stayed behind. Bucky laughs, pulling you into his lap.

"So what do you think?" He asks. You turn to look him in the eye.

"Eh, it's okay, I guess. Mediocre at beast," you tease, looking at your nails nonchalantly.

"Hey," your boyfriend growls. He starts tickling you again, and you whack him, laughing. He still doesn't stop, so you grab a nearby pillow that seemed to be inconsequential to the construction of the fort.

You've barely gotten one good whack in with the pillow when the whole thing tumbles down on the two of you, tangled up in blankets and pillows. You just look over at Bucky and laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" He whispers where you can barely hear him, grabbing his own pillow and whacking you with it.

"Hey!" The two of you get into a pillow fight, untangling yourselves and running around the room, chasing each other. There are some pillows thrown, and a few good whacks in, before the two of you dissolve into laughter, laying on the floor.
Eventually, you quiet, staring up at the ceiling. Your head is on Bucky's chest as his hand runs through your hair, and you sigh contentedly, stating that way in silence for a few moments.

You turn to look at your boyfriend, watching him.
"I love you, James Buchanan Barnes," you say, pulling his head down to meet your lips for a soft, sweet kiss.

"I love you too, (y/n) (y/m/n) (y/l/n)," he responds, giving you a second.

And that's how the rest of the avengers find you when they get home, cuddling and lost in each other's eyes as if they are the sun, surround by pillows, blankets, and a couple of pieces of overturned furniture.

"Should we ask what happened?" Nat asks the others.

"Nah, let's leave them be," Steve responds, backing slowly out of the room, as he is more than a little afraid of what would happen if you were interrupted.