5 Times The Avengers Couldn't Recruit You + The 1 Time They Could - 10 Apr 21

Y/d/n - Your daughter's name

ATTEMPT ONE:

Natasha Romanoff glances around warily as she exits the car. The party at the art gallery is in full swing when she arrives, the perfect cover for her to make contact with you, the owner of said gallery.

She knows why she was chosen for this; all previous attempts of Fury sending SHIELD agents to recruit you have failed. Well, she had a streak, and she wasn't going to break it. She had managed to recruit Bruce Banner; it had to be easier to recruit a stolen art gallery owner than it was with the Hulk.

The Russian, ever anticipatory, makes note of the security, exits, everything. Upon entering the packed room, looking more like a nightclub than an art gallery,

ATTEMPT TWO:

Clint wasn't expecting for this to be his

ATTEMPT THREE:

Steve is suspicious as he

ATTEMPT FOUR:

Thor, the god of Thunder. SHIELD must be really desperate to send him; he was too loud and obvious to be here. Madripoor is definitely not his usual scene, although he is more akin to a kid going to the beach for the first time than anything else.

He sticks out like a grandma in a flower dress at a 2000s punk rock concert, watching everything with some degree of wonder.

Feeling bad for the poor guy, you decide to approach him, despite your inhibitions.

"Prince Odinson." You catch his attention, appearing at his side as if you'd apparatus there.

"Lady Y/l/n." He nods in greeting, his deep voice respectful. "Furyson has sent me to recruit you to our cause."

You chuckle, shaking your head. "Let's get somewhere a little more secluded to talk about such sensitive matters, alright?" Your mouth barely moves as you talk. Thor nods in acquiescence. "But first, can I get you anything?"

"A beer would be nice."

You quickly get a beer from the bartender and a shot of tequila for you, which you down without a thought. I'm going to need some liquid courage if I'm going to get through tonight.

You return to the Asgardian with a beer for him in one hand and a hard lemonade in the other. Can't get too drunk, though, I've got business deals to do.

"Have a seat," you tell him after leading him away, gesturing to the chairs as you take one yourself.

"Thank you, Lady Y/l-"

"Please, call me Y/n," you interrupt.

"Of course. As I was saying, Furyson has sent me to recruit you to our cause."

"And what cause might that be?"

"The defense of Midgard."

You've studied up on him since learning he was on the same team as IronMan and know that that's his way of saying Earth. You also know that the best way to talk to him is as if you're in some medieval, Shakespearean world. "A noble cause indeed. But I have responsibilities here that I do not take lightly, ones I cannot leave." You give him a sad, sympathetic smile. "Although I sympathize with and support your cause, I am unable to join you in arms. Director Fury doesn't know the extent of my responsibilities, and so is unable to adequately judge my ability to leave them. I hope you understand."

Thor nods decisively. "Of course. I, too, have pressing matters outside of Midgard, but my path of travel to attend to them is much easier than your Midgardian... 'Planes'." He stands, picking up his hammer and raising his beer and an eyebrow in your direction. "I hope that some day we might fight alongside each other. Thank you for your hospitality, Lady Y/n."