~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 28~

chapter 28
———

Nathan's POV
One month later
"Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Come on guys, wake up!" Jane's voice sang loudly.

I groaned and threw myself out of bed.

I opened my door to see Jane dancing in the hallway with pink music note pajamas, singing the same words that woke me up.

How ironic.

Lucas groaned. "Damn it Jane, are you just gonna be like this all week?"

"Obviously" Jane answered. "Be a little more energetic, will ya? I'm eighteen today!"

Zane opened his room door and groaned. "What time is it?"

"Seven o' clock in the morning~" Jane sang.

"WHAT?! SO I STILL HAD AN HOUR LEFT OF SLEEP?!" Zane yelled.

"Yup!" Jane answered.

"Jane, why must you punish me with this every birthday?" Zane groaned.

"Because I love watching you suffer" Jane answered. "So now that you're all awake, go take a shower and we'll have the cake."

"Ooh, cake? I'll be out in five minutes." Zane rushed back into his room and shut the door.

Lucas rolled his eyes and shut his door afterwards. I closed my door and headed into the bathroom. Once I was done, I put on black sweats and headed downstairs.

I saw Jane bouncing in a chair in front of the dinner table, just smiling. Mom came out of the kitchen with a cake that had blue, white, and pink frosting on it.

"Oh, I see you got Jane's wake up call" Mom said.

"Mhm." I slumped in front of Jane on the dinner table.

"Come on everyone, Jane's about to blow out the cake!" Mom announced.

Zane and Nora rushed down the stairs while Lucas trailed behind them slowly. Zane and Nora sat on Jane's opposite sides while Lucas sat on the far left of Nora.

Mom lit the "18" candle and took out her phone. "So Jane, now that you're eighteen, have any words before you blow out the candles?"

"Well," Jane dragged on, "now that I'm eighteen, I just wanna thank the heavens for letting me live up to this day and for giving me this wonderful, loving family. I hope to see many more birthdays and hopefully get my new friends to join me for these upcoming days."

Jane blew out her candles and Zane cheered like there was a crowd surrounding us.

"Woo ho! Now, let's eat!" Zane cheered.

Mom giggled. "Alright, but let Jane cut her piece first."

Nora groaned childishly.

Soon after Jane cut her slice, Zane and Nora devoured their chunk while Lucas got a medium slice. I also got a medium slice while Mom got a small slice, saying how she's watching her sugar levels, whatever that means.

When we were done, we got ready for school.

———

"Hey guys!" Jane greeted cheerfully as we met up with the rest in first period.

"Why are you so jittery? It's just Tuesday" Sofia asked.

"Just?" Emma asked. "Tuesdays are always the best."

"Yeah, no it's not" Isaac argued. "But anyways, back to the question."

"It's because....," Jane walked closer to them, "it's my birthday."

Twisted Deceptionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें