~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 51~

chapter 51
———

Nathan's POV
"Have you guys seen Emma anywhere?" Jane asked.

"No, why?" Zane shut his locker. "You need something from her?"

"No, it's not that" Jane answered. "I'm just trying to see if she's okay because I saw her at the pharmacy yesterday and she seemed a bit panicked."

"Maybe her favorite gummies went out of stock" Zane chuckled.

"Or worse, the last batch of sugar cookies she liked was picked up right in front of her" Lucas chuckled with Zane.

"Guys, be serious about this" Jane pleaded. "It honestly worries me."

I looked passed Jane to see Sofia, Isaac, and Xena walking towards us.

"Morning Sofia, Isaac, Xena" Jane greeted.

"Good morning" Sofia smiled.

"Are you ever gonna have a bad morning before school?" I asked. "Seriously, it's like you woke up from the best sleep you ever had."

"I know, right? It's great" Sofia said.

"It's disturbing" I corrected.

"Anyways, have you guys seen Emma?" Jane asked.

"I thought she always comes here earlier than all of us" Sofia said. "Are you sure you didn't see her somewhere?"

"I wouldn't trust Jane's judgement if I were you" Zane whispered. "She's a little deranged, if you know what I mean."

"I know what I saw when I came here and Emma was not among the things that I saw" Jane argued.

"Are you positive, though?" Zane asked.

"Ugh, stop questioning my judgment" Jane complained.

DIIING!

"I need to know these things, you know" Zane said. "Unless you want another 'I though this' incident."

Students started filling in the halls as everyone walked passed us.

"An 'I thought' what?" Isaac asked.

"I'll tell you about that one day" Zane nudged Isaac's arm.

"Oh no, you're not gonna pull that excuse with me when I'm already curious" Isaac argued.

"You're more along the lines of being nosy" Sofia rolled her eyes.

"Hey, he brought it up!" Isaac defended. "I'm just tryna clarify myself."

"Um, guys?"

"Just tell me already" Isaac pleaded.

"Some other time man, relax" Zane reassured.

"Yeah, be patient" Sofia encouraged.

"Guys?"

"Oh, yeah Xena?" Zane asked.

Xena pointed in front of her.

"Watch it, nerd!"

"I am deeply sorry! Sorry! Sorry!"

I looked to see where Xena was pointing to see Emma in fact walking down the hall. She had her head down and her side bag on her shoulder as the students walked passed her.

"Oh, there she is" Jane sighed. "Emma, over here!"

Emma looked up but then bumped into someone else in the process.