Part 23- beach day (road trip)

I got up early today to make breakfast for everyone else after yesterday but that wasn't as easy as it seems because Tommy had his arm around me so if I moved too much he would wake up. To be able to get up I gently peeled his arm from around me and replaced it with a pillow so he thought that I was still there.

I'm not the best cook so it wasn't going to be as fancy but I was going to try my best. I decided to make some pancakes and waffles for everyone as they are easy to do on your down but I also planned to cut fruit. I started measuring everything out and mixing the ingredients to make the batter when someone came down the stairs, I knew it wasn't Tommy because the footsteps were light and he does nothing even remotely gently. Before I could consider more deeply who it could be Toby came round the corner and walked straight over to help me cut the fruit I had out on the counter.

"Morning" I said

"Good morning, let me guess you're making breakfast because everyone did it for you yesterday" he said

"Yeah, thanks for your help by the way" I replied

"No problem" he said

While he cut the fruit I started cooking the pancake and waffle mixtures trying my best to do both at once so that it didn't take as long and people wouldn't wake up before it was ready. I was flipping pancakes with one hand and pouring waffle mixture with the other, this wasn't a skill that I knew I had nor was it useful in any other circumstance but that was fine.

Just as I was taking the last waffle out of the waffle maker and putting it on the plate with all the others as I heard movement upstairs, I quickly put the plates and bowl on the table before anyone could make it downstairs. I left Toby to go and wake up anyone who wasn't up yet, most people were up but Tommy wasn't. I walked over to the bed and took the pillow that I placed under his arms from his grip and threw it at his face which soon woke him up.

"Wake up sleepy head I made breakfast" I said sweetly as if I hadn't just smashed his face with a pillow

"Why did you hit me?" He asked still half asleep

"It's the easiest way to wake you up" I smiled

"I would say I hate you but you're smile is too cute" he said while getting up

I didn't say anything else I just grabbed his hand to lead him downstairs like an excited kid on Christmas. The both of us sat down with everyone else and enjoyed breakfast for about 15 minutes before we had to get ready for the day. We were going to the beach today so I had to put on a bikini and I decided to wear the new one I got not long before we left which was a really pretty light blue colour which made my eyes stand out, it also had little strings that went over my stomach and tied at the back which I liked. I put some shorts and a t-shirt over the top of my bikini and grabbed a towel to dry myself off with.

I took all the things out of my backpack and put all my beach stuff in it as well as the stuff that Tommy gave me. Our air bnb wasn't actually that far from the beach so it was decided that we were going to walk there which I didn't mind but I had a feeling anyone else on the streets as we go past would not feel the same.

I was right with my thoughts because as people walked past they gave strange looks at the bunch of weirdos in front of me who were all jumping around like lunatics while I walked behind them with Tommy who was enabling them and occasionally being weird too.

We finally made it to the beach and found a spot big enough for us all to put our things down, Wilbur had bought blankets or whatever they are for us to sit on. It was slightly windy making it hard to put the blanket down so I helped Wilbur to get them down.

Everyone put their things down and got ready to go in the sea, all of the guys already had their swimming shorts on so they were ready in a matter of seconds. I took off my t-shirt and then my shorts, Tommy was waiting for me while the others were already in the water. He took my hand and started running towards the others dragging me behind him. He was running so quick that I was tripping a bit on the sand that was in piles, we did make it without me falling over.