Part 19- cold waters (road trip)

Today we are travelling from New York to Michigan to go to one of the many vast lakes there, I'm so excited to go there because pictures of these lakes look so pretty. George chose this location and I was so great full to him for that. In the van we changed seats so that we could talk to some of the others more, I was sat in between George and Nick who weren't too bad to sit next to they are really funny and when they argue its not over my head they just use me to talk to each other.

On the drive I watched TikToks with Nick and listened to music with Tommy because he gave me one of his AirPods even though we weren't say next to each other. He as playing all of my favourite songs some of which he hated but I made him listen to them and now he likes them he just won't admit it.

The journey was actually really chill and relaxing to the point that I was kind of sad when we finally arrived at our location. My sadness soon went away when I finally got to see the beautiful scenery around me, there was a bunch of pine trees tightly packed together creating a scene of green pretty much everywhere you looked, the only time there was a break in the trees was when there was a patch of crystal blue water. The water was so clear that you could see all of the small rocks at the bottom of each lake. It was just pure beauty all around.

We all got out of the van to take in the scenery even more and take some pictures to remember it for forever. The plan was to go for a walk around the forest and then swim in the lake for a bit, I found Tommy and laced my hand in his so that we could walk round together. He squeezed my hand before running to catch up with Wilbur who was slightly in front dragging me along behind him.

We walked through the forest just taking it all in savouring every single glance making sure to look at the formation of each tree we walked past. The path we took was a giant circle around the biggest lake in the few that were around so it took us about 2 hours to get round it mainly because everyone was walking slowly to get to take it all in.

Once we had finally made it back round to the van we all found our swim suits that we had brought with us on the trip. All of the guys got changed first before they left so went to go and put my bikini on, typically the one I picked had a tie around the back of the neck which I couldn't do by myself although the bikini was super cute so I didn't care too much. I left the van holding my top up while going towards the water to get someone to help me, Tommy came right over to me when he saw me coming.

"Are you ready to get in?" He asked

"Um sort of, can you tie the strings around my neck for me please?" I asked
(I don't mean this in a weird way just like a helping a friend sort of way, I promise I'm not trying to sexualise Tommy)

He didn't respond just motioned for me to turn around and fumbled with the strings before tying them into a messy bow with his freezing cold hands which sent chills down my spine. When he was done he took my hand and led me right into the water which was also freezing cold but somehow refreshing at the same time.

When I was acclimatised to the temperature of the water I swam around enjoying being in the water because it reminded me of home even when I was hundreds of miles away. I was floating on my back looking up at the sky when I felt arms wrap around my waist lifting me out of the water and into the air, I looked down to see Tommy with a mischievous smile on his face as he put me over his shoulder and walked to a deeper part of the lake where he threw me in. Once I came back out from under the water I splashed him in retaliation which was an awful idea because that was the start of a splash war between me and everyone else who sided with Tommy, of course I lost but only because I gave in. I was not about to allow that to be then end of it though I swam under the water when Tommy wasn't looking and took his legs out from underneath him making him fall into the water.

"You are such an asshole sometimes" he said angrily

"Aww is someone mad at me for getting them back" I mocked him

"Yes I am mad because you're being an asshole" he said

"I'm sorry" I said with a pouty face to make him feel bad

Tommy's POV

"I'm sorry" she said

She had a pout on her face which made me feel bad for calling her an asshole even though she was definitely being one, to be fair so was I but that's beside the point. Every time she pulls that face all my annoyance towards her goes away instead my heart if filled with love for the small girl. She has such an effect on me and she has no idea about it.

"Stop being cute, I can't be mad at you when you pull that face" I replied

She quickly changed her facial expression to her usual bright smile which warmed by heart even more. The moment was quickly ruined by clay who was stood close by making fun of me and calling me a simp. I tried to defend myself but its quite hard when you are kind of being a simp, either way I told him to leave and he did but only to go and tell the others what he saw which made them all yell simp in my direction. I flipped them off before walking away with y/n who looked like she was getting cold.

We both got out of the water and changed into some warmer clothes, we sat on one of the big rocks at the side of the lake staring into the distance. Well she was I was staring at her, looking at the glimmer in her eyes and the dimples in her cheeks from the large smile on her face. God she's perfect. When she turned her head and saw me staring I felt my cheeks heat up slightly but she said nothing just simply rested her head on my shoulder. As the sun started to set I pulled her into my lap and allowed her to put her head on my chest where she slowly drifted into a light sleep, I wrapped my arms around her and rested my head on hers.

By the time we were leaving it was fully dark outside the only light was from the moon and the stars in the sky. Y/n was still asleep so I picked her up and carried her to the van trying my best to not wake her, I was successful in this mission and for the journey to the hotel she slept peacefully leaning against my chest.

Once we were at the hotel I carried her once again this time up to our room putting her in the bed under the covers where she would stay until she woke up. I joined her after getting changed and slept looking at the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

Authors note- this part is so cute I'm sorry if it makes you feel single but it does the same to me so don't worry.