Part 30- prom

This part is going to be based purely on what I know about prom in England not America just so you are aware. And I'm basing this off my prom that I never got to go to and how I would have dressed and stuff to make things easier feel free to imagine something else if you want.

Prom is in a little less than two weeks away and I'm am no where near ready I mean I need to get a dress, jewellery, I need to get my nails done as well as decide what I'm doing with my hair and makeup. That doesn't sound like too much but everyone else going to prom already has everything sorted and the only thing I have is a date which I guess is a good start.

I got up this morning with the intention of going to get my dress and anything else I needed to buy like shoes and stuff. Since all my friends had already got there dresses they didn't want to come with me even though I asked them to, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to enjoy it.

I planned to get the bus into the town centre and look round some shops there before going into the lanes where all of the smaller shops would be. I didn't bother too much with my appearance seeing as I was going to be trying different things on so I just wore some jeans and a plain t-shirt. Once ready I walked to the bus stop down the road and got on the next bus that came which was going to take 15 minutes to get to where I wanted to get off. When we got there it was super busy in town for no real reason other than fact it was summer.

I went into the mall to look in some of the shops I checked out online but none of them actually had any dresses in store which made me lose a bit of hope but I still had the lanes to check out. One of my friends from where I used to live suggested this store that her sister went to when they visited me here so I went there first.

The store was small but it had loads of super pretty prom dresses in all sorts of lengths and styles. I wasn't really sure what I wanted but I have been told that navy blue looks good on me so I will probably try something in that colour. A lady came over and helped me pick a few dresses to try on that she thought would look good on me, there was a red shorter dress, a black full length dress, a pink off the shoulder dress and a navy blue long dress.

I tried on the red dress first but it just didn't suit me it was pretty but something about it just wasn't right. The black dress was the same it was just so long that I was almost tripping over it and I didn't have time to get anything done to fix that. The pink dress was cute it was the first one that I actually liked I took a picture in it and sent it to Toby because he said he would tell me what he thought about each one.

Next I tried on the navy blue dress which was gorgeous it had mesh at the top round the neck which had small little beads which were gold, silver and blue. The material of the dress wrapped over around my waist which gave off the appearance that it was smaller than it actually is, just below that the dress flowed nicely down to the floor but its not too long that I trip over it. I was in love with this dress I liked it more than the other one. I sent a picture of this one to Toby and he simply replied with buy it so that was decided.

I brought the dress and then found some shoes, I found some silver heels that were only a few inches high but just enough to make the dress the perfect length. I also brought some silver earrings and a few rings to go with the dress. I was super excited for prom now, all I had to do now was decide what I was doing for my hair and makeup and do something with my nails but all of that was pretty easy.

Skip to the day before prom

Prom is tomorrow but currently all I can think about is the fact that Tommy is coming down so I get to see him again. It hasn't really been that long since we have seen one another but it is always great so see him in person plus this will be the last time we see one another before we start college.