Part 44- new years

Today is New Year's Eve meaning that at midnight we are going to enter a new year which will hopefully be even better than this one or at least it should be with everything I want to do and have planned. The past few days we have been skiing a few times which has been so much fun and I've actually got kind of good definitely not great but I manage to stay on my feet the whole time and have learnt how to stop.

Today is relatively free but tonight we are celebrating and having a small party all together, I've never really celebrated New Years because I never saw the point to me it was just another day but with a new number at the end of the year but now I kind of see why people celebrate and for me it seems its because you get to have fun with the people you are close to.

Tommy wanted to go out for a walk this morning before we go skiing for the last time so we got up a bit earlier than we normally would and wrapped up in so many layers before leaving to walk around. I wanted to bring him to the town me and Niki went to to show him round and go to the bakery to get more of that bread which was super delicious.

As we walked he grabbed hold of my hand swinging our hands back and forth as we walked I guess in an attempt to get us to walk faster but it didn't work we walked at a regular pace just with our arms swinging way out in front of us. At the village I showed Tommy round all the little places me and Niki went to and the amazing views from the place before we got the bread and started our walk back so people especially Wilbur didn't get too worried about us.

Back at the house Wilbur and Phil were pacing about talking to each other as we came in the door but they soon looked over as I closed the door and stopped pacing. Techno looked at them saying I told you so which made me very confused.

"Where have you guys been?" Wilbur asked

"Just at the nearest town" I said

"And we got some more bread" Tommy added

"You could have told us you were going out we were worried" Phil said

"I told them you guys were fine but they weren't listening" techno said

"I'm sorry I should have text" I said

I gave the both of them a hug before going to the kitchen to make breakfast to make up for scaring them. George came into the kitchen clearly having just woken up but he helped while he was in the kitchen by getting plates and glasses out of the cupboard for me before leaving again probably to go and sit with dream.

When breakfast was done I gave everyone some and we all watched Netflix together because the normal tv was all in Italian which we don't understand. It was really chill very one just sat together watching whatever someone had suggested, we had created a system so that when each episode finished we moved around so different people had to sit on the floor so that no one ended up with sore legs.

The day was spent literally just sitting and watching tv, we didn't just watch 1 thing we watched a few movies as well as a whole season of the office which took us to the evening. No one wanted to cook anything so we ordered dinner after Clay managed to work out how to do it it was relatively quick and easy. You can order so much stuff in Italy so we ordered a bunch of traditional Italian dishes to try out.

One of the things I have come to realise about New Years is that you have to fill the time before midnight while there is also nothing to do it seems like quite a talent to be able to fill the time with something to do. Apparently some of the others had a few small things planned to keep us occupied at least until closer to midnight which pleased my boredom.

After dinner we were made to go outside where there was a little fire out with so many chairs around it, Nick lit the fire and we all sat down to roast some marshmallows and tell fun stories we had and some scary ones curtesy of Wilbur who is very into ghost hunting. It was fun listening the stories that people have to tell from their experiences in life because I don't have many to tell myself or at least ones that people don't know about seeing as most of my life experiences have been in the last few months since starting streaming. Everyone told a story but me because I have absolutely nothing to say they all looked at me expecting me to say something.

"Y/n whats your story" Fundy asked

"I don't really have one all of my fun stories come from things I've done recently since meeting you guys" I said

"It doesn't have to be a good story just something about you" Niki said

I thought of an embarrassing story from when I was a child which wasn't that interesting but I told it anyway but everyone listened to me anyway which was very nice of them, they even laughed at the really embarrassing part.

When it got to 11pm we all went back inside to spend the last hour listening to music and watching the countdown on the tv. I went and put on comfy clothes to chill in for the next hour and warm up after being outside for so long.

As the last minute of this year came drawing in Tommy dragged me up from the sofa to dance around to the music that was playing in the background as the tv was counting down currently at 50 seconds ... 49 ... 48. I got distracted watching the countdown looking at the numbers go down until they were down to single digits.

5...4...3...2...1

Tommy pulled my face towards his and kissed me as the number got to 0. A New Years kiss. I've never had one of those before mainly because I've never wanted to kiss someone on New Years before. He pulled away smiling and making me dance again even though I was tired and wanted to go to bed.

"Can we got to bed I'm tired" I said

"We can go to bed in a bit I want to enjoy more time with you we go home tomorrow and I have to leave you" he said

"I forgot about that I've been enjoying this so much that I forgot we would have to go home" I said

At around 1am we did go to bed seeing as we need some sleep before we leave tomorrow afternoon to get on with our regular lives. As much as I don't want to leave I've missed streaming and college weirdly.