Part 4- new hobby

It has now been a few days since Tommy left and we have talked every day since for at least an hour. My favourite part of the day was getting to talk to him about what we had both done which was generally nothing because we weren't in school and too antisocial to leave the house. Today he called me early because he was doing MCC so he had to start streaming earlier than normal.

He was even more excited than normal when he called me, I on the other hand was feeling kind of down because I missed him and I was having a bad mental health day. His expression changed the second he saw my face because I wasn't smiling like I normally am.

"What's wrong, you look sad?" He asked 

"Nothing I'm fine don't worry" I replied not wanting to worry him too much

"I know your lying to me, just tell me whats wrong" he said

"Ok fine I've just had a bad mental health day" I sighed

"Aww I'm sorry, do you want to talk about it or not?" He asked to not make me uncomfortable

"I'd rather not talk about it right now but maybe another day" I replied

He nodded and didn't the bring it up again Instead he just distracted me by talking about other things to cheer me up. He was so good at distracting me and making me feel better, it was weird because we haven't known each other long but it felt like he knew everything about me.

We stayed on call for a while longer before Tommy had to start streaming. He keeps telling me that I should start streaming too because he thinks I would enjoy it and his viewers keep asking for me after I was on his stream. I told him that I would think about it under the condition that he would stream with me which he agreed to.

I ended the call and went downstairs to grab some water to take back upstairs ready to watch Tommy's stream. He started his stream just as I sat down on my bed, I joined straight away. I watched the whole stream which was 3 hours long because he was doing MCC, his team even came 3rd which  was really good, he was so proud of himself which made me smile. He ended his stream after a few minutes so I decided to text him to say well done in the 3rd place, instead of a reply he just called me and screamed out of excitement.

I laughed at how excited he was about doing so well, he kept telling me over and over that I had to do it with him next time. I tired to tell him that I have no idea how to do half of the games but he said we could practice and that it didn't matter because big Q had never done it before either. I agreed but I said that I had to start streaming and gain a bit of a following first otherwise they wouldn't let me do it, he agreed to those terms and said that he was going to help me set up something to stream on tomorrow.

Skip to the next day

Today I actually had some things to do, first off I had some summer work from the college I was going to do to that I was determined to complete as much as possible in one week so that it was over with and I was setting up a stream set up with Tommy.

I started my work which was actually super easy so it didn't take me long to get through the first one which meant I just had two left (in the uk we go to college at 16 and do 3 or 4 a levels). I did the second one pretty quickly too but after that I decided to stop for the day seeing as I had already done quite a bit.

I chilled on my phone for a while watching TikToks because I have an addiction that I'm not willing to fully admit. I scrolled through my for you page for what I thought was only 30 minutes but it was actually like 2 hours, I only stopped when I got a call from Tommy obviously ready to help me start my set up.

I accepted the call and sat my phone on my desk so that I could move around, we started talking about the things we normally do. When we finished our conversation Tommy asked me what stuff I had that I could use to stream on, I already have a monitor set up on my desk and I do have a pc and a mic but I haven't ever set them up. Tommy talked me through how to build the pc and set it up, I was under the impression that it would be pretty easy but I was wrong and it took me ages to work some parts of it out. Tommy was very patient with me which I didn't expect him to be because he doesn't seem like he has that type of personality.

Eventually I had the pc hooked up and functioning and the next thing was the mic which didn't take long to set up. The next thing I did was download some games and set up a steam account which I could use to play some other things, I even set up a twitch channel to start streaming on. (I don't know how twitch works so if i get something wrong please tell me)

After everything was done I stayed on call with Tommy for a bit longer before ending the call so that we could stream together. Before I started the stream I brushed my hair so it looked less of a mess and put on a tiny bit of makeup so I looked more presentable for my first stream.

I sat down and pressed the start streaming button and immediately a few people joined which I was really surprised about. As people were joining I opened discord so that I could talk with Tommy, he accepted the call and started to introduce me to his chat.

We talked to chat for a while before booting up minecraft and joining a server I had made one day out of boredom and we explored a bit. We decided to make a little house in one of the forest biomes that we could use as our base incase we got lost. It was a lot of fun streaming while playing because I still got to do what I wanted while having people to talk to it was great.

I had gained quite a few subs and had a few thousand viewers, a lot of people in Tommy's chat seemed to like me but they stayed watching his stream which was fine. In the end Tommy wanted to end his stream and asked if I was going to stay live which I thought I would for a bit longer to answer some questions so he sent his viewers to raid me.

I wasn't aware of how many viewers I had but I soon found out when I suddenly had the most viewers on twitch and a constant stream of subs coming in. It was kind of overwhelming with everything going on but I tried my best to stay on top of things. I answered a bunch of questions that people had in chat and they people submitted through donations, people mainly asked normal questions about me but some were persistent in asking if me and Tommy were dating so I though I would just address it.

"No me and Tommy aren't dating we are just friends, we only met about a week ago" I said

I tried to keep a straight face but it was hard to not be a little sad that we weren't anything more. I knew we would never be anything other than friends so I just tried to forget about it.

Tommy's POV

I was watching y/n's stream after I ended mine and she was doing so well and looked so happy which made me happy. She had gained so many subs and had the most viewers on the site Which was amazing for her first ever stream, I could just tell that this was going to be something that she got really into over the next few months.

She was answering questions from her chat and at one point someone asked if we were dating, she sighed before explaining that we were just friends. It kind of hurt to hear her say seeing as I liked her so much but it was probably for the best because there was so way she felt the same way. She ended her stream not too long after that so I called her again to see how she thought it went. She just kept thanking me for raiding her and helping her gain so many subs.

"Don't be silly, it wasn't all me if people didn't like you they wouldn't sub but people must have liked you" I encouraged her

"I know but it was all your viewers that subbed so its not really anything to do with me, they just do what you tell them" she replied

"Oh come on don't be so hard on yourself, people enjoyed watching you so they subbed and watched the stream. You wait until when you stream on your own and the same thing happens" I told her

"Ok fine I believe you but still thank you for all your help" she said

"No worries" I replied

We talked for a bit longer and I told her how she can look at all her twitch analytics and donations which were majorly impressive for her first time. She made quite a bit of money considering it was her first stream. I was so proud of how well she was doing, I felt like I was her mentor and it felt so good to see her succeed.

We got off call together and I got straight into bed because it was quite late but first I thought I would put out a tweet telling people to sub to y/n's twitch just so she had a surprise to wake up to in the morning. Once I tweeted the tweet a bunch of people called me a simp but I didn't care because I was a simp and I wanted to support my 'friend'.

Authors note- hi everyone, comment some things you would like to know about me I want you all to get to know me better. Please vote on the chapter too I would really appreciate it. Have a great day. I'm also going to out out another part tomorrow because I have some pre written but after that i am going back to once a week on Saturdays.