Chapter 1

Tessa's POV

I wake up, hoping that he is still home, but... no. He's already gone. Yey, another day without him. Sometimes I really ask myself if we are still together. I get up from the bed and I go to the bathroom to do my morning routine. I curl my hairs and I do a natural make up, then I go back to my bedroom to get dressed. I chose a dark blue skirt with a white and blue line shirt, a pair of nude stiletto and my nude bag.

Thirty minutes later I arrive at work. I took the elevator to the 6th level where is my office. At the reception I saw Kim.

"Good morning!" I say when I see her.

"Hi Tessa. How was your weekend?"

"It was nice. On Friday I had dinner with Trevor."

"Oh, about this... Christian is so sorry because he sent him in another business trip. It was a last-minute thing. Don't be mad at Trevor."

"I am mad at him. He could let me a note. I think we're over... I mean, yeah, he is nice with me, he gives me presents, but I don't want this. I want him. I'm in a relationship with him, not with his fucking presents." I say this without to know what I'm saying. Fuck!

"Oh..."

"I didn't want say all of this..."

"You were saying what were you thinking: the truth."

"I'm going to work something."

"Ok. See you at lunch?"

"Yes, see you later"

I enter in my office where I find two manuscript on my desk. I take one in my hand and I read the title We collided by Hardin Scott. The title sounds interesting, let's see if this book is good to be published. I take the manuscript and I sit on my couch and I start reading. I think it's the first time when a book is so interesting. I forget about everything when I read this. I hear a knock at my door and I check my phone. Oh, God. It's already lunch break? Oh, I read more than 150 pages in the last four hours. This book is amazing and I think this author, Hardin Scott, should be published as soon as possible.

"Tessa?" I see Kim entering in my office. "Lunch break?"

"Sorry, I forgot. I'm coming right now!" I let the manuscript on my desk, I take my phone and my bag and I get out. "I was absorbed by that book. I don't know when the time passed this quick"

"You like the book?" She asks me a little bit excited.

"If I like it? No! I love it! This author is so good."

"Good to hear this."

"It's the first time when I read something good."

"We order something or we go to the restaurant across the street?"

"How do you want. I don't have preferences."

"Let's go to the restaurant."

After we eat we come back and I go back to my office to read that amazing book. After two hours, I'm interrupted by Kim.

"Tessa, Christian wants to talk with you. Can you come in his office?"

"Yes." I let the book on the desk and I go with Kim in Christian's office.

"Tessa, thank you for coming. Kim, can you let us alone?"

"Yes." She says and then she leaves.

"Take a seat, Tessa." I sit down and I'm asking myself what he wants... "You know why I ask you to come here?"

"No..."

"Good. I want to make you an offer."

"An offer? What kind of offer?"

"Well, we will open a new Publishing House in Seattle in one month and I want you there. You are one of my bests employees and I want to take you with us. Takes as much as you want to think about this. I know you will start the college in September, but I know the dean of the best university in Seattle and I can talk with him to make the transfer more easier. An about a place to stay, we have a big house there and we have space for you. I want you to come with us because there are more resources and more possibilities in your career. I don't want an answer right now because I know you have a family, a boyfriend, and you want to talk with them first. Take you time and when you decide come to me. I'm not pushing you to say yes or no. You chose what do you want."

What? He is giving me a new job in Seattle? This is my chance to start a new life, far away from the mess from here. I have to accept this offer, but first I should talk with my mom and... Trevor.