Chapter 54

Tessa's POV

The next day

We are all downstairs and we are getting ready for the wedding.

Lia: "Wow, Carol! You are so beautiful!"

Carol: "Thank you, Lia."

Kate: "Aunt Carol, you are the beautiful bride I've ever seen."

Carol: "Thank you, dear!"

Tessa: "You are gorgeous, mother! You have no idea how happy I am!" I say with tears in my eyes. "I can't believe you are happy again. You deserve this!"

Carol: "Oh, baby... Don't cry. I have to cry at your wedding, not you at mine." She giggles and she hugs me.

Tessa: "Let's not think that far."

After 20 minutes, we are ready. George comes at our house with his family. We took some pictures and we go to the place where will be the ceremony. Everyone is staying on the chairs and I come down to the isle with my mother. George is so happy to see her. I give him her hand.

Tessa: "I hope you will make the happiest woman, George."

George: "I promise I will." He takes my mother's hand and I go to sit next to my aunts and Kate.

The priest: "We are here on this beautiful day to connect the souls of two beautiful people, George and Carol. These hands of you best friend, young and strong and full of love, that hold yours on your wedding day. These are the hands that will work along side yours as you build your future together. These are the hands will passionately love you and care for you throughout the years. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief torments your min and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will give you strength when you struggle, and support and encouragement to chase down your dreams. There are the hands that will, countless time, wipe the tears from your eyes, tears of sorrow and tears of joy. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled with age, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch, a touch from these hands." (/NA. This text is taken over the internet) George, repeat after me. I, George Williams, take you, Carol Young, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

George: "I, George Williams, take you, Carol Young, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

The priest: "Carol, repeat after me. I, Carol Young, take you, George Williams, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

Carol: "I, Carol Young, take you, George Williams, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

The priest: "You can kiss the bride."

George smiles and he kisses my mother. I can't believe she's finally happy. She deserves this. After years of loneliness, she is finally happy with a good guy. I go to them and I congratulate them.

Tessa: "I'm so happy for you guys!" I say and I hug my mother and then I hug my step-father. "I hope you will make her happy."

George: "I promise!"

Tessa: "Mom, I'm going home to change in something comfy. And I will see you at the restaurant. Ok?"

Carol: "Yes."

Tessa: "Good, see you later!"

I go to my car and before to drive home I call Hardin. He told me that I can call him when I want.

Phone call

"Hi babe." I say. "The ceremony is ready and I'm going home."

"Hi!" I hear a female voice. "Hardin is not available now. Do you want to tell him something?" Oh, Hardin... You are playing with me?

"Yeah!" I say angry. "Tell him that he can fuck off. He can burn in hell!"

"Oh, excuse me?" I end the call.

No way! He was just playing with me! Everything was just a game for him. Ugh! I hate him so much! How he dares to do this to me. He said he loves me! He promised me everything. I can't trust him anymore. After I go back to Seattle, I'll take my stuff from Christian's house and I will go far away from him. I can't believe he is cheating on me. He was cheating on me since the first moment we were together? After all we had together, he prefers to be with another girl? He used me just for sex?! He cheated on me without a doubt. In this moment, he is the person I hate the most and I won't forgive him. He doesn't deserve to be forgiven. I try to hold my tears, but it's impossible. I love this man, but he preferred to broke my heart in million pieces. I don't think I will can forget him too soon, but I'll be ok sometime... I start the car. I want to push the break, but I can't and then suddenly everything goes black.