Chapter 60

Hardin's POV

A few days later...

She come out from the hospital today. I stay away from the hospital entrance and I wait to see her. Finally, I see her beautiful blonde hair. She looks good even if he had a car crash. She's exactly like before the accident, well except her memory. I can't believe she doesn't remember me... It's so hurtful... I can't believe this is happening to me. I really thought I'm finally happy. I am sure that Noah is guilty for what happened to her. But the cops didn't find proves... I will live like this all my life? Or this is our ending? I will go to her house later, now I have to go to my father's apartment. I really need a drink, so as soon as I got home, I search a bottle of alcohol.

Christian: "Hardin? What are you looking for?"

Me: "Some alcohol. Where you have some?"

Christian: "I don't have alcohol."

Me: "I'm going to buy some."

Christian: "You are not going anywhere."

Me: "I need something to drink. I have to clean my mind. Everywhere I go I'm thinking about her. I see her everywhere, dad! I can't live without her!"

Christian: "Alcohol won't help!"

Me: "She doesn't remember me, dad!" I say with tears in my eyes. I can't keep this inside me. I give up. "I can't live without her."

Christian: "Everything will be fine, Hardin." He hugs me.

A few hours later...

I'm staying in the front of her house and I want to be brave to knock at the door. I hope her mother won's open the door. I knock and surprise: Carol opens the door. Fucking great! He immediately wants to close the door, but I put my foot at the door.

"I want to talk with her."

"I said you don't have a right to be in my daughter life. So, please, do a good thing and leave. She doesn't remember you and it's the best thing! Now, go back to your mistress. It's more important than my daughter."

"Carol, please! I want to see her."

"No. You can't see her. First, she's sleeping, and secondly, you are the guy who destroyed her and you have to disappear from her life. And it's the last time when I say you this. For her own good, leave her alone."

"I'm not giving up to easy, Carol. I will win Tessa back even if you don't want!"

I go the car and I hit the wheel. Why is this happening to me? Why? I go back to the apartment.

Me: "Gia, I think you time here is over. You can't help as she doesn't remember me. I'll buy a ticket to London for you and that's it..."

Gia: "I'm sorry I couldn't help."

Me: "I'm a bad luck."

A few weeks later...

I enter in my father's office even if he is in a meeting call.

"I'm sorry Victor, I have to end the call here. I have another meeting. Yes, I'll call you today. Thanks, bye!" He ends the call. "Hi, son. What's up?"

"I quit."

"What?!" He stands up. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"I quit this job and I'm going to New York. I want to start a new life far away from what happened here. Far away from the place where I felt in love with her. And soon she's back here, so I have to leave."

"Hardin... don't do this."

"My decision is taken, so, I'll leave tomorrow night. I have a friend in New York and he will help me with a job."

"Are you sure you want to give up that easy?"

"I tried everything, but it didn't work. So, yes. For the first time in my life, I give up for a girl. I'm sorry for everything happened between us and I hope you and Kim will be happier without me."

"Hardin... don't talk like this. We both love you, and Tessa loves you too, but she needs some time."

"Some time that I'm not able to give. I'm sorry. I have to take my things. I'll come to dinner tonight."

"You will regret this..."

"It doesn't care anymore."

Before I leave from the house publishing, I go in her office and I let her my book with a personalized message for my one and only. I go to my apartment and I put in my bag the last things. I find in a closet, some of her closet... If she would be fine, she would be now in my arms, in this apartment, living together. But this is just a dream from the past. I have to let the past behind and to start a new life without her. It will be hard, but I don't have any choice. I know it's not ok because I give up so easy, but... I don't have another chance. She's not going to forgive me if she remembers and it's better to be apart forever.