Chapter 20

Hardin's POV

We are in the kitchen and she says to give her the flour. Let's have little fun, Tess. I take some flour from the table and I blow it in her face.

"You didn't do this. Hardin!"

"We can have some fun in the kitchen." She takes the bag of flour and she throws it on me. "No..."

"You deserve this."

"You have no idea what have you done, Tess." I say while I'm going closer to her. She takes the tomato sauce in her hands.

"If you come closer, you will take a bath in tomato sauce."

"You too, Tess. So, you decide what you're going to do."

"Some tomato sauce doesn't kill you." She pours all the sauce in my hair. I bet she didn't wanted to do this. "You look better now." She smiles at me. I can't keep my smile.

"You're going to pay for this." I rub my hand of my hair and I touch her with my dirty hand. "Here and here." I spread the sauce all over her face and her T-shirt.

"You are crazy!"

"Crazy about you." I drag her closer to me and our foreheads are stuck now. I can feel her sweet perfume. I love it. "You like to play with me, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"You are a little devil, Theresa." I move my face a little bit down and I lick the sauce from her neck.

"Don't call me Theresa!" It's your name, love.

"Why not, Theresa?" I bite her neck and I'm sure she will have a mark there.

"Enough. You can fuck off." She runs to her room. What the fuck is wrong with her?

Our day were so good until now, when she freaked out. Why? I run after her, but I hear the door locked.

"Tess, open the door please. I'm sorry. I just stop calling you Theresa. Please, forgive me."

I stay there a few minutes, until I hear her breathing harder. What happened?

"Tess! Open the door. Please! I know you can't breathe. Please! Let me help you. Tess! If you don't open the door, I will break it. Open the door now!"

I don't say anything. I just break the door. I find Tess on the floor with her legs at her chest. She's crying and I think she just had a panic attack.

"Shh, it's ok, Tess." I sit on my knees next to her and I want to take her in my arms but she pushes me back.

"Don't touch me, Noah."

"Tess, look at me. Tess! It's me, it's Hardin. I'm not going to hurt you, Tess."

She definitely had a hard period in her life with this Noah... But I'm not going to force her to tell me about this. I lift her up and I go with her in the bathroom. She's dirty of flour and tomato sauce, we both need a shower.

"What... What are you doing?"

"We need a shower."

"I can do this alone."

"I'm sorry Tess..."

"Can you let me to take a shower?"

"Why were you crying? Because of me?"

"No. It's about my past... I don't want to talk about this."

"Ok. I'm not going to force you. I'll let you to take a shower."

"Thank you."

I leave her alone in the bathroom and I go to take a shower too. I am ready quickly so I go in the kitchen to clean the disaster we made. But before I start to clean, I order pizza for us because it's obvious that we don't make it. After 30 minutes I'm ready and exactly then she came here.

"Did you cleaned here?"

"Yes. And I ordered pizza."

"Thanks..."

"No problem..."

"If you want to be my, stop calling me Theresa, ok?"

"I promise." I hear the door bell. "It's our pizza. I'll be right back." I go to the door and I take the boxes with pizza, I pay it and then I lock the door. "I hope you will like this pizza."

"Don't worry, I like food in general and you have no chance to disappoint me with food." She laughs. Fuck. I love this laugh.

"Good to know." I smile and I put the boxes on the coffee table.

"I'm going to bring some napkins."

"Good."

We end the night eating pizza and watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and I'm good with this because it's like nothing happened before.