Chapter 66

Tessa's POV

When I wake up, it's sunny outside. He is still sleeping. I don't know what to do... I hear a vibration and I see his phone on the nightstand. I peek, like a jealous girlfriend and I unlock his phone. Oh, he has the same code as in the past... I see a message from a girl called Hannah. Who is she? A girlfriend from London? From New York? I know it's not right what I'm doing. I break his intimacy, but I don't care.

Hannah: Hello stranger! (Haha, stranger. Sounds funny) I know you are home and you are enjoying the time with you family, but as soon as you can, call me. I have something important to tell you. Kisses, Hann.

I can't get back with him. It's not ok to do this while he has someone. It's not right to fuck up the happiness of another girl. I can live without him. I hope...

I get up without waking him up, I take my clothes and I go in the bathroom to change. After this, I go downstairs where I find Kim. Why is she up so early?

"Hey! Why are you up so early?"

"The baby is moving and I can't sleep."

"Oh..."

"You?"

"I have to go home. I remember I have something to do."

"Have you talked with Hardin?"

"No, we slept together. But he has a girlfriend and I don't want to be between them. I'm not the third wheel."

"Are you sure you want this, Tessa?"

"Yes. And if he wakes up, don't tell him anything about me, please..."

"Tessa... he loves you."

"I can't do this. Please, promise me you won't tell him."

"Ok, fine..." I know it's not a good thing, but I don't want this.

"Thank you, Kim."

I call an uber and after 10 minutes my car is here. He takes me to my building and before to go in my apartment, I go to the pharmacy to buy the morning after pill. I can't get pregnant right now. First, I'm too young for a baby and secondly, I can't have a kid with Hardin. We are not together anymore.

I arrive in my apartment and I go in the kitchen to take this pill. To be honest, I love Hardin but I'm not a person who wants to destroy a relationship.

A few months later...

It's been almost two months since I saw Hardin for the last time... I have a lot of regrets, but it was better for both of us. In the last months I graduated college and I'm happy single and independent woman. I work a lot at Christian's house publishing. I discover every week new writers and I love what I do.

It's just one month until Kate's wedding, so, she wanted a bachelorette weekend in New York and I had to conform with her. We are spending our weekend in New York. I know it's a big city and there are low chances to met him there, but as I know how lucky I am, I'm sure I will see him.

We arrive this morning in New York after a long flight, we arrived. We slept until night and now, we are ready for first night of clubbing.

"Tessa! Come out! I need to bathroom too!"

"I'm coming!" I come out from the bathroom.

"You look hot, cousin." She looks at me. I have a burgundy shirt with a big cleavage, a pair of boyfriend jeans and black heels. I added a long necklace and a black clutch.

"Thanks." I take the vodka bottle and I drink a shot.

"Woah, easy girl. You have to keep yourself for the club."

"It's just a warm-up." I drink another shot. "What if I will see him?"

"New York is a big city, there are low chances to see him. In addition, you are the one who dumped him."

"Let's go. I don't want to think about him."

"I'm sorry. But you know that New York it's my favorite city..."

"I know. But you owe me for this."

"I do."

"Let's get the party started!!!!"

We take an uber to the one of the most known club in New York. We are going to drink all night and we will have fun in the last week as a bachelorette for Kate. We arrive at the club and we go to the bar to order some drinks. We start with Tequila, we drink three shots.

"Let's go to dance!" She yells so I can hear her. "Maybe you will find a guy for tonight." She smirks.

"No way! I like to be single!"

"Maybe just one night stand! You are young and you can do this!"

"Maybe, but not now! Let's dance!" I laugh and I drag her on the dance floor.

We start to dance. We have fun. We make from time to time pauses for a drink. I don't know how much I drank, but I'm feeling so good. I'm free and I can do whatever I can. At some point, I feel the hands on my hips. Oh, a boy? Why not?

"Did you miss me, Theresa?" He whispers in my ear and this is giving me goosebumps.